Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New S-Class real interior/exterior pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-05, 03:13 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That's just copies of alot of different vehicles put together. I cannot believe that Mercedes being one of the ORiginals decides to copy off of goofy-*** brands. And my god, why copy off BMW?? The new vehicles of BMW are just a big fat joke! Look at those things, they look like a friggen shark, man!! They should fire the person who designed the new S-Class for copying off the idiot who made the 7-series. I'm sorry but BMW look a whole lot better before they did that whole new design. Well I hope in the future that Mercedes will come up with their own ideas again, like it used to be!!

--My opinion, that is Ford, BMW, Kia, Lexus, and infiniti in one...scrap I should say.

--Jeff
Old 06-18-05, 04:11 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Looks the same as Autobild's CGI's, mini Maybach with ugly wheel arches , & a copy of 7 series interior & idrive
Old 06-18-05, 04:19 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interior is 7 series+Front is focus+Rear is 300C = Total CRAP
Old 06-18-05, 05:24 PM
Kaban
Lead Lap

Not digging the interior...but the exterior is nice. The pics shown is the base model that is always sedated looking. The fender flares will look AMAZING with AMG bodykit and wheels.

Plus these pics are from -who know what- trash car sites, let's save the bashing until the real pics come out from MB.

Last edited by Kaban; 06-18-05 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-18-05, 06:43 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ugly, wheel arches, front, rear, everything
Old 06-18-05, 06:44 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaban
Not digging the interior...but the exterior is nice. The pics shown is the base model that is always sedated looking. The fender flares will look AMAZING with AMG bodykit and wheels.

Plus these pics are from -who know what- trash car sites, let's save the bashing until the real pics come out from MB.

they arent made up pics, that is the sclass.... the second post even says, man you always get these monday morning pics on saturday, awesome
Old 06-18-05, 07:03 PM
Gekko
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Default New MB S vs. New Lexus LS

MB has a lot at stake with this release. Lexus will be coming full force with the new LS. I think the new LS will be positioned quite nicely vs. this stinker.
Old 06-18-05, 07:13 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Gekko
MB has a lot at stake with this release. Lexus will be coming full force with the new LS. I think the new LS will be positioned quite nicely vs. this stinker.
The new LS will be a formidable competitor, but stinker or not, this new S class will still sell well just because it's a Benz, just like the new 7 series when it was launched a couple years ago. With all the negative press, it's still selling more than the previous generations 7's.
Old 06-18-05, 08:44 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AmethySC
The new LS will be a formidable competitor, but stinker or not, this new S class will still sell well just because it's a Benz, just like the new 7 series when it was launched a couple years ago. With all the negative press, it's still selling more than the previous generations 7's.
YOu know why they sold so many of those ugly things? Rappers bought those things because they were Bimmers and everyone Idolizes their favorite rappers in which you can't understand half of the language but anyway, when they see their Idol driving one of those, they want one regaurdless on the look. All it is are followers. Now I do believe the S-Class will be a stinker and more LS's will be sold, no-doubt.
Old 06-18-05, 08:44 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

i like it but i would perfer the current S-Class more because i simply like the design more and in the interior the instrument cluster, it looks like the new avalon had it does across half-way like that, but i'll give it a thumbs up, but i'll take an 05 model and be happy
Old 06-18-05, 09:07 PM
MoFunk
Driver

This really reminds me of a Holden Statesman... it's an Australian built car

the grill is really similar
Old 06-19-05, 07:40 AM
Nas
Driver

I have always admired the S class. It has been the car I have always wanted, since it is on top of that mountain. But now, I don't know. My judgement will have to wait until it's in person. However, my opinion right now is: Interior looks "cleaner" than the 7, but it will be hilarious how MB is now the company trying to copy people. Editors may bash BMW's I-Drive for not being great at executing it's functions, but it definitely looks like it's the leader in the technology class.

The exterior is alright. The flares might not be as visible in dark colors. I want to see how it looks in black. I just hate the rear. I love the current 7's rear (745, not 750), but the S's is absolutely FUGLY. I don't know if I will still want my family to get an S. I might have to wait a few years till the redesigned 7 and LS. I hope the LS just has a sportier suspension to it.

We'll just have to wait and see it in person. It might grow on us.
Old 06-19-05, 09:19 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Outside a Ford Focus, inside a BMW....

...how the mighty S-class has fallen....
Old 06-19-05, 09:45 AM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

I like it, certainly better than the current LS or the 7 series. But then I tend to think of the current LS as one of the most boring looking cars on the road. Not ugly, but boring.

We'll have to see how the 2007 LS turns out.
Old 06-19-05, 06:11 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

I can't believe Mercedes could ruin the S-Class. However, it seems they did a could job.
This is surprising because most of their recent designs have been original a great looking.

This just means more sales for the LS.

The S-class could never win a comparison test against the LS and it isn't going to start to with this thing. The 2007 LS will kill this car. And for less money, again.

Quick Reply: New S-Class real interior/exterior pics