Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

need some help with ticket.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-05, 12:11 PM
IS300ED
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
if you do what i said youll be fine. ive been represented by many lawyers for many things in the past and have gotten the same advice from them for friends who couldnt afford to pay for lawyers. we happen to be fortunate enough to have a firm where our daily business keeps us working closely with attorneys all the time which allows us to trade favors, which is one of the only reasons i almost never bother to show up to court without a lawyer...they always produce better results than you walking in with your tail between your legs hoping for the best, by yourself...but like i said, alot of people cant afford to be dealing with lawyers, and a lot of people would also rather just be extra precautious then take those points and HOPE to reduce them some how (driving school, etc.) which will clear up your dmv record but your insurance is still going to go UP as soon as it comes time for your policy to be reviewed and they see your moving violation conviction. trust me, refer back to what i posted earlier, take my advice. if the cop shows up, ask them both if the ticket could be dismissed based on your clean record up to this point. if they dont buy that, ask for the acd, short term, just bargain if you can and kiss their asses and apologize profusely. you just dont want those points on your license even if you can get them off your DMV record later, its still going to hit you on your insurance. hope for the best that that cop doesnt even show up then you can go with the motion to dismiss.
Upstate: Where in NY are you? I've never heard of an ACD in my life being granted for a VTL infraction, although the CPL does technically allow it. My experience is limited to the Long Island courts where they will typically reduce almost anything to an equipment violation or parking violation to keep the money within their village.