Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Passed a whole bunch of 2007 Civics today

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-05, 04:36 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by AmethySC
I still doubt Honda would even waste as much time as us discussing about this to think about possible legal actions here. I'm still not convinced they'll have much of a case, particularly one that's worth pursuing, unless a legal professional explain the legalities to me in details about this case, & even then, different lawyers can have different opnions, that's why they have trials, no wonder people are complaining about too much frivilous lawsuits down there.
Well the US Justice System is sort of complex. That's why I didn't pursue a degree in political science, it's in Business. But I do understand legalties and the rights of business and individuals.
Old 06-25-05, 05:00 PM
MadMaxxNA
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Public domain. Honda can't do ****.

Sell 'em if you can. No biggie. You are not in any sort of violation, as the cars were visible in a public setting with no written warnings plainly in view about the use of photography without express consent of Honda Motor Corp.
Old 06-25-05, 05:15 PM
LexFather

Honda can take anyone to court but they wouldn't come close to winning this debate. It was a spy shot, the cars were on a public road, its fair game. Maybe if he broke into Honda property and took the pics thus proprietary info, yeah he's in trouble. But on a public road, he's okay.

Old 06-25-05, 11:37 PM
TSXtacy
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look, guys, just call me over, I'll tell them you're with me since I own a Honda product, and we'll call it a day .

Seriously, though, they have no jurisdiction on a PUBLIC road. Sue they may, but their claim would be ludacris.
Old 06-26-05, 04:14 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good discussion guys, had fun reading all of it
Old 06-26-05, 07:13 AM
MadMaxxNA
Driver

I guess they could try to file suit, but it would get thrown out pretty damn quick. And in doing so, they open themselves up for countersuit...and my guess is they'd loose much more in this fight than he would
Old 06-27-05, 11:14 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Let me settle this once and for all. I've checked with my friend who runs a newspaper that regularly feature public figures. He says as long as it's in public it's all good. This is true with celebrities or anyone else. Now y'all know why Paparazis stalk celebrities and make millions in the process and celebs can't do jack.

If one is a member of the media who has membership with other affiliates, then one can use any other images available in the affiliates database without being sued. Of course membership does come with an annual fee.
Old 06-27-05, 12:15 PM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup. If you or anything is in public and plain view, you will have no claims to any privacy and should not expect any privacy.
Old 06-27-05, 08:10 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Now how about commenting on those Civics?

I think the 2 coor coupe looks somewhat like a combination of a Saturn and the current accord coupe with Audi like tailights. The 4door looks like a Volvo S40 with the current Civic rearend. All in all, this it got to be the most aggressive looking Civic ever. The flares are pretty dramatic for an economy car. I'm pretty sure it is going to be a great ride and will definately head straight to the top of it's class again. Blame it on the press and Mazda 3 for pi$$ing Honda off.
Old 06-27-05, 08:59 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AmethySC
I still doubt Honda would even waste as much time as us discussing about this to think about possible legal actions here..
exactly-