Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cars you like(d), but hate to admit

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-05, 06:25 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Cars you like(d), but hate to admit

Got this idea from another site. Thought it might be kinda fun. Well folks, what are the cars that you like or liked, but would hate to admit it(for whatever reasons, embarrassment, doesnt fit personality, etc, etc)??? I'll start off....

1. Buick Regal GS(thats right, I siad it)
2. Audi TT(dont like it, but begs attention)
3. Dodge Neon SRT-4 (But its a Neon?? )
4. Infiniti QX56(sweet truck, but at the same time horrible for many reasons)
5. Jeep Wrangler(for reasons that I wont talk about )
6. Kia Amanti (remember the commercials, looks like 5 different luxo cars, classy looking in a wierd Korean way, however its still a Kia)
7. Volvo V50(did I really just say that!?)
8. 1992-? Pontiac Trans Am(for same reasons as Wrangler, not gonna talk about it)
9. The Steve Erkle car.(or was it Mr. Bean??) That car was hot to death, dont sleep!!! Front opening door, 3 wheels, yeah boiii!!
10. Oldsmobile Bravada(what a shame)
11. 1997ish Pontiac Bonneville SSEi( I loved the over the top plastic bodywork LOL)
Old 06-23-05, 06:49 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
9. The Steve Erkle car.(or was it Mr. Bean??) That car was hot to death, dont sleep!!! Front opening door, 3 wheels, yeah boiii!!
i believe i am right in sayin that that was an old BMW Isetta.

me hmm

1. Honda Civic (its FWD )
2.Dodge SRT4 (too much power but still FWD)
3. Chrysler 300C (love the looks, need some1 to put 2jz or 1uz in it tho and redo interior while its in the shop)
4.Cadillac CTS-V (its still a cadillac but DAMN!)
5. Honda S2000 from 2F2F (only reason this is here is coz a female friend of mine gave me a few ideas of what she would do with one )

more later

-Annant
Old 06-23-05, 06:57 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honda Odyssey..... its a mini van but sure beats having 8 foot 2x4's sticking out of my sun roof on the way home from Lowes
Old 06-23-05, 08:08 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What about a Grand National?
Old 06-23-05, 08:13 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me, some of my darker moments that I'll now admit...

1. Pontiac GTO (i actually kinda like the modest styling and the interior... plus 400hp for $34,000)
2. 99-04 Saleen Mustang Convertible (I think it looks pretty cool, kinda fast too)
3. Lexus GX470 (i generally keep quiet about this cuz all my family and friends think its ugly as sin, although I love it)
4. Dodge SRT-4 (yes its a dodge, and yes its a Neon, but that car will kick anything elses azz off the line or in the corners for under $20,000)
5. Olds Intrigue (my first car when I was 16, I actually loved it... strong 3.5L DOHC V6 and smooth ride and kinda handsome looks for an "old man car")
6. Lincoln Towncar/Ford Crown Vic (big comfy boats, you feel like you're riding on a cloud)
Old 06-23-05, 08:30 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by magneto112
Got this idea from another site. Thought it might be kinda fun. Well folks, what are the cars that you like or liked, but would hate to admit it(for whatever reasons, embarrassment, doesnt fit personality, etc, etc)??? I'll start off....

1. Buick Regal GS(thats right, I siad it)
2. Audi TT(dont like it, but begs attention)
3. Dodge Neon SRT-4 (But its a Neon?? )
4. Infiniti QX56(sweet truck, but at the same time horrible for many reasons)
5. Jeep Wrangler(for reasons that I wont talk about )
6. Kia Amanti (remember the commercials, looks like 5 different luxo cars, classy looking in a wierd Korean way, however its still a Kia)
7. Volvo V50(did I really just say that!?)
8. 1992-? Pontiac Trans Am(for same reasons as Wrangler, not gonna talk about it)
10. Oldsmobile Bravada(what a shame)
11. 1997ish Pontiac Bonneville SSEi( I loved the over the top plastic bodywork LOL)
Great Thread
1. Porsche Cayenne. It goes against everything I stand for but I want one.
2. 300C. Big, cheap interior, everyone has it, but its so damn appealing.
3. Hyundai Tibiruon. I had the Hyundai experice and I wanted them to all die. But this is such a good looking car.
4. Mercedes Benz G-wagon-Old, ugly, outdated, beautiful to me.
5. Lexus RX 300/330. I am shocked at how this is the SUV to make me understand them more. Its just perfect to me, wonderful execution.
6. Volvo S60R. No one knows what the hell it is but its pretty bad-*** to me, even with the name Volvo.
7. Bangle 5-series. I hate the freaking looks but a manual BMW is so anti- what YOU are doing. It just speaks dividends. I hate the fact I LOVE the image.
8. Morgan Aeromax. I doubt anyone knows what the hell I am talking about.

Old 06-23-05, 08:34 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

-Late 80's-90's Buick Riviera, Regatta- concept car looks with a bunch of cool electronics in interior
-Cadilac Allante- I thought it was a nice looking coupe, too young when it was out to know it was overpriced and not well built.
-Lincoln Mark 7 and 8. The 90's model was a very tough looking powerful coupe, the 95 had a nice shape and nice futuristic looking interior, one of the first production cars with HID lights.
-Late 80's-90's Oldsmobile Trofeo, Tornado-Good looking coupes with concept car like interiors
-Original olds Aurora- Good looking sedan with Indy Car v-8 and very nice concept car like interior
-Buick Regal Grand National-Nice looking mucle car coupe with well built turbo v-6.
-Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am- My favorite muscle car, looked great with black body-gold eagle, silver with eagle, and white with eagle.
-Mid 80's trans am looked pretty good too.
-Delorean
-BMW 8 series coupe- Very elegant looking large coupe with a ton of luxo features.
-Current Jag XK coupe- very good looking coupe even though it is probrably unreliable
-Original Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable- the ones with the big headlights like used in Robocop.
-90's Lincoln Continental- good looking sedan to me
-Original Q45- one of my favorite sports sedans despite horrible marketing campain and lack of success.
-Infiniti J30 sedan- I really liked the shape when it came out, still a nice looking car.
-Volvo C70 coupe- very good looking car in my opinion.
-1994 Saab 9000 Aero-very good looking sedan, nice looking interior.
-Current Saab 9-5 sedan- Good looking car inside and out even if made by GM.
-Subaru SVX- looked a little like my 94 eclipse but better with a flat 6 engine.
-Volkswagen Toureg-nice looking off road capable SUV with a beautiful interior
-Volkswagen Phaeton- decent looking luxury sedan with a very nice interior.
-90's Volkswagen Corrado or Cornado- Expensive 2 door hatch sports car with nice shape, smooth torquey W6, good handling.
Most of these cars did not sell well or were critisized by public but when I was younger I did like these cars and still find them pretty nice today.

Last edited by UDel; 06-23-05 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-23-05, 09:28 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
i believe i am right in sayin that that was an old BMW Isetta.

me hmm

1. Honda Civic (its FWD )
2.Dodge SRT4 (too much power but still FWD)
3. Chrysler 300C (love the looks, need some1 to put 2jz or 1uz in it tho and redo interior while its in the shop)
4.Cadillac CTS-V (its still a cadillac but DAMN!)
5. Honda S2000 from 2F2F (only reason this is here is coz a female friend of mine gave me a few ideas of what she would do with one )

more later

-Annant
its later...

6. Pontiac GTO (its rough, but i love the way it moves!)
7. Half Timber Morgan (yes i know what a morgan is)
8. 2000+ Celica (i know its a girly car but it looks so damned good)
9. Buick Grand National (Saw one roll up black with limo tint and saw it blast off, 'nuff said )
10. Honda Civic DelSol ( *begs for forgiveness* IM SORRY!!)

-Annant
Old 06-23-05, 10:57 PM
TSXtacy
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

older models;

Honda CRX, Acura Legend 6MT Coupe (my ignorant friends just dont understand what this thing was. a 6 speed with 230 HP in 1994. if Acura kept this thing going...), Nissan 240SX

new models (please note I hate domestics);

Chrysler 300C, Pontiac GTO, Ford Mustang SVT Cobra (i really dont know, the one with the 6MT whatever it is. so many Stang variants)
Old 06-23-05, 11:33 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

96 Impala SS with 22" staggered wheels - just badass, and blingass at the same time

Grandnational with 20" staggered billet wheels - just add fastass to above

Lincoln LS - pretty handsome car

BMW 645 - like a okay looking woman with a awesome body. No one admits to thinking about it, but everyone knows they'd give her a run!! LOL

Cadillac DTS with 22" wheels - saw one of these lowered on 22's while on vacay, have no idea why I like these grandpa cars LOL

Porshce Cayenne - talked so much crap about them when introduced. Would trade unborn child for a fully modded Turbo

BMW 745i - bashed these without mercy when introduced, saw AutoCouture modded one, fell in love.

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 06-23-05 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-24-05, 01:39 AM
MGS4
Lexus Test Driver

MB A-class

Old 06-24-05, 02:58 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I don't really have anything to put on a list like this. I have no hidden likes or dislikes. What you have seen me post and talk about on CAR CHAT is EXACTLY what I think .......period. ( though once in a while I will joke about a car ).
Old 06-24-05, 04:58 AM
Chigga
Lead Lap

1)New Beetle Convertable.................. I saw one with flares, nice paint scheme, big wide rims with retro exhaust, I almost cried.
2)Miata, sorry, my friends are like guys who think if you don't grill on real charcol you are wack. I like Miatas.
3)Cavalier Z24, the 2nd gen, I think they look nice.
4)Cobalt SS, I think they are real nice
5)Honda Oddysey, I think they can look pimp
6)VW mk3 Harlequin, the clown car, I love 'em
7)Nissan March, I think they are neat
8)LX470, I can't stop but thinking what'll be like if either body slam or rocking 44" tires.
9)Paul Walker's pimp ride in F&F lol, the green Eclipse, I thought it was the hot shiznit when I saw the preview years ago.
10)MINI Convertable, I want ot see one bodyslam on spinners lol.
Old 06-24-05, 05:43 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

New Beetle, RX330, Mini, but they're not for me
Old 06-24-05, 07:35 AM
LexFather

Quick Reply: Cars you like(d), but hate to admit