Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2003 G35... the best car 30K can buy??(G35 thread)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-05, 09:31 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Your last paragraph proves you have baseless facts and overly biased against Infiniti.
Well last time I checked, the basis of this community wasn't ClubInfinti. Everyone gave their opinions and I certainly am entitled to give mine. You don't see me going on FA or G35driver preaching and wasting my time to convince them about my IS or any Lexus over there. Think about it.
Old 06-30-05, 09:34 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by PitBull
Does this mean that my 350Z is the best sports car you can buy for $30K?
As long as the sticker price doesnt say anything over $30k....then sure why not?
Old 06-30-05, 09:36 AM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again you are wrong! Are you ever right? Go re-read all the posts that I posted.

1) The G35 never gave me ANY PROBLEMS except I was fustrated with the DEALER so I sold it. It only gave me a issue with the transmission. That was ALL.

2) I never said that the Titan sold more than the Tundra. I said its getting close to Tundra sales.

Still the basic simple interior design that works great.

Originally Posted by flipside909
Older ones were built better huh? That's why you sold your 04 G35 in disgust and your tranny problems?

You are entitled to your opinion. The G35's interior is still subpar in my opinion.

There wasnt much change from the old and the new other than a few quirks and material changeovers. It's still the same basic interior design.

Check yourself.
Old 06-30-05, 09:37 AM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PitBull
Does this mean that my 350Z is the best sports car you can buy for $30K?

it would be a toss up between the z and the s2000......... i still dotn know why toyota never came out with a car to compete with these two.............
Old 06-30-05, 09:50 AM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Well last time I checked, the basis of this community wasn't ClubInfinti. Everyone gave their opinions and I certainly am entitled to give mine. You don't see me going on FA or G35driver preaching and wasting my time to convince them about my IS or any Lexus over there. Think about it.
That's right its your opinion not a fact. So stop making it sound like its a fact. No but I owned a Lexus for 2-3 years before it just got totalled. So I have every right to be here as you do.
Old 06-30-05, 10:04 AM
PitBull
Pole Position

Originally Posted by b1gredek
it would be a toss up between the z and the s2000......... i still dotn know why toyota never came out with a car to compete with these two.............
I think your right, the S2000 is a sweet ride for the money. I've owned my fair share of sports cars and spent way too much money on them. It blows me away what you can get nowadays for the money. That includes all vehicles. I remember reading an interview with the JD Powers guy and he stated that when recommending vehicles that the quality has risen so much in the past few years that besides Yugo there were no "bad" cars.
Old 06-30-05, 10:14 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Again you are wrong! Are you ever right? Go re-read all the posts that I posted.

1) The G35 never gave me ANY PROBLEMS except I was fustrated with the DEALER so I sold it. It only gave me a issue with the transmission. That was ALL.

2) I never said that the Titan sold more than the Tundra. I said its getting close to Tundra sales.

Still the basic simple interior design that works great.
Let us recap:

1) Isn't your tranny issue a "Problem"?

10-11-04, 07:07 PM
I am considering trading in my 9 month old G35 Sedan 6mt for a IS300 or GS400-430. I am sick of the service bs and have never been treated so bad. I have a seriously bad syncro in my 6th gear, and the dealer is giving me hell to replace the tranny. Making up excuses, etc.

I owe 35k still on it, its worth might be around 27k or so.

I will consider a used GS430-400 or a new IS300.

Any advice would be great guys. Located in SA, TX
If the dealership wasn't helping with a bad 6th gear synchro, why didn't you take it to another Infiniti dealership? Is GUNN still the Infiniti dealer in San Antonio? I hope you didn't buy your 05 through them. The tranny issue seems to be a manufacturer problem not a service department problem.

2) It all started w/this post. You said this and couldn't show us any proof of your erroneous 10k BS numbers. I proved you wrong with NNA's official numbers and you still continued to make a fool of yourself:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...0&page=5&pp=15

05-27-05, 05:17 AM

At least Nissan hit the ball on the head with the Titan. They are selling almost 10k a month now. The Tundra failed since its been out, hopefully they get a better one soon. Nissan for 2007 has a Diesel coming too .
Titan is no where near 10k sales at the time and they still aren't to date:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=64

First you say ...and you've said in the past your 04 G35 had "NO" problems. Now you say the 05 G35 has NO plastic in the interior? What's next? I smell fanboy.
Old 06-30-05, 10:20 AM
HKS JZS161
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Understandable, but my 05 has no plastic anymore.
Originally Posted by Xenthar
All cars have plastic all over the interior. Every car period. Just look at all the plastic used in the new lexus's, or acuras or mbs or bmws. Quite a bit. So does the G35. All that matters is that most of the luxury cars that have plastic use them well so it doesnt look or feel cheap. The 05 G35's interior is awesome. A HUGE step above the 03-04 g35's interior. I know not all people like the layout of the dash. That varies as i think its very nice. You cannot deny that the 05 G35s have high quality interior materials because they really do.
Originally Posted by AmethySC
All cars use plastics in the interior, but there're differences between low quality, hard plastic & high quality, soft touch plastics. The new 05 G35's use better plastics & real aluminium, still not the best-in-class interior, but definately an improvement.
Exactly my point guys....yes, every car has plastic and vinyl..but its the amount of it, the grade of it and so forth...Nissan has been known or rather....not have been known for thier outstanding interiors. Is the G interior nice, I wouldnt say it isnt...the 05 have a big improvent, but compared to other cars....sorry, its still not on the top of the list for me...but yes its on my list of I the car.
Old 06-30-05, 10:23 AM
HKS JZS161
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Chigga
just make sure the engine has been fixed when u are looking @ pre 03.
Actually its was the oil pump on certain production dates...which hense led to some lubrication problems for the crank bearings. BMW offers the service action for all M3s '03 and newer...and have provided a engine warranty of 6yr/100k miles for all vehicles in that period.
Old 06-30-05, 10:26 AM
HKS JZS161
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Pics of yoru car, if that is it in the signature
Dont want to thread jack..but here are a few pics of my car....they are with my old silver set of the volks....the black ones are on the car now...

Old 06-30-05, 10:27 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

LE37T? What offsets are you running? I love the newer set in black face. that's hot!
Old 06-30-05, 10:31 AM
HKS JZS161
Pole Position

LE37T? What offsets are you running? I love the newer set in black face. that's hot!
Yeah, LE37T.

The Silvers were
Front 19x8.5 +30 with a 245/35 19
Rear 19x9.5 +18 with a 275/30 19

The Blacks are
Front 19x8.5 +30 with a 245/35 19
Rear 19x10.5 +25 with a 285/30 19....I just might switch back to a 275...due to height and potential rubbing issues...but we shall see
Old 06-30-05, 11:19 AM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Wow you amaze me. You keep rewording stuff trying to toss the blame back on me when you have been wrong from the start. I never got rid of my G35 because of a problem with the tranny. Yes Gunn is, and they suck. And that is why I will use Austin Infiniti for my service for now. I said close to 10k, I wasn't sure where. I never said 10k was a fact. Your last paragraph makes no sense. You must be smelling yourself.

PS, keep on the way you are acting so chlidish. You sure do make the Lexus owners look bad in other peoples eyes by the way your acting.

Let us recap:

1) Isn't your tranny issue a "Problem"?

If the dealership wasn't helping with a bad 6th gear synchro, why didn't you take it to another Infiniti dealership? Is GUNN still the Infiniti dealer in San Antonio? I hope you didn't buy your 05 through them. The tranny issue seems to be a manufacturer problem not a service department problem.

2) It all started w/this post. You said this and couldn't show us any proof of your erroneous 10k BS numbers. I proved you wrong with NNA's official numbers and you still continued to make a fool of yourself:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...0&page=5&pp=15

Titan is no where near 10k sales at the time and they still aren't to date:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=64

First you say ...and you've said in the past your 04 G35 had "NO" problems. Now you say the 05 G35 has NO plastic in the interior? What's next? I smell fanboy.
Old 06-30-05, 11:53 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Wow you amaze me. You keep rewording stuff trying to toss the blame back on me when you have been wrong from the start. I never got rid of my G35 because of a problem with the tranny. Yes Gunn is, and they suck. And that is why I will use Austin Infiniti for my service for now. I said close to 10k, I wasn't sure where. I never said 10k was a fact. Your last paragraph makes no sense. You must be smelling yourself.

PS, keep on the way you are acting so chlidish. You sure do make the Lexus owners look bad in other peoples eyes by the way your acting.
Russ,

I did not reword anything granted I quoted you verbatim from your previous posts and you reply with a tone of denial trying to explain what you said previously. Again all points have been discussed about the interior from all ends and we've discussed other options available. I've asked nicely that the topic go back to the main discussion of what car is best in the 30k category but you continue to rant and reply immaturely. I'm done with this thread.
Old 06-30-05, 11:55 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

This thread is closed due to many people making this conversation impolite and personal attacks plus the random off topic content it seems to have collected.

Please:
A) lay off the overwhelming fanboy commentary (BOTH Lexus and non-Lexus). This is getting really old .

We ask everyone to be respectful of others, regardless of their favorite auto manufacturer. Having said that, this IS a Lexus forum and those who favor other brands should expect a Lexus bias in the posts of many of our members (most of which are balanced, a couple of which are zealots). If you can't take it without causing problems, you are welcome to go back to whatever car maker forum is dedicated to your taste.

Also everyone please stop dredging up old angry arguments from prior threads to use as ammo in heated discussions. This does nothing but continue threads that have been closed for a reason in many cases and drags posts like this one down the tubes. Knock it off.

B) Try to keep threads at least mildly on topic. If you want a thread about BMWs and their wheels, start a new one.