Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Chrysler Firepower (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-05, 11:46 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the speedometer must be totally digital cuz i dont see the mph markings on the speedomter guage.

but THAT CAR IS FREAKING BEAUTIFUL! Good work chrysler!
Old 06-27-05, 12:09 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i can't believe how much everyone likes this car!!

everyone i tlak to hates it, it's a viper clone.... no really, it's on the same platform and everythign. it's a viper.... dodge/chrysler sharing again

this car is made to be competing with viper, z06, and is supposed to cost viper prices....

porsche dollar for a chrysler.... never

just like i wouldnt pay money for a viper either

and i still hate the design of this thing... looks like a giant ****. just like the slr vision mercedes

oh well, end rant

then again, i hate the chrysler crossfire too... what a piece
Old 06-27-05, 12:22 PM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EGainer

everyone i tlak to hates it, it's a viper clone.... no really, it's on the same platform and everythign. it's a viper.... dodge/chrysler sharing again
pat pat* it's okay baby..

you did state your reason of not liking it, which made this thread uniquely different from any other bashing/flaming thread.
Old 06-27-05, 12:28 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

this car is made to be competing with viper, z06, and is supposed to cost viper prices....

porsche dollar for a chrysler.... never

just like i wouldnt pay money for a viper either

and i still hate the design of this thing... looks like a giant ****. just like the slr vision mercedes

oh well, end rant

then again, i hate the chrysler crossfire too... what a piece

Thats because were not close minded enough to hate a car simply because of an american brand plate were not import fan boys only.

This car is not meant to be competing with a viper (think about that and tell me how much thad make sense?) or corvette at all its a luxory sports car, not a raw sports car. Its more meant for the car to be competing against Caddillac XLR-v and vehicles of that nature.
Old 06-27-05, 12:50 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Interior is AMAZING!

Again for $35,000 thiscar is great.

If they price it incorrectly then it won;t move.

Imagine this with a nice 3-piece wheel with sick lip.

Ted
Old 06-27-05, 12:57 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Inabj2
Thats because were not close minded enough to hate a car simply because of an american brand plate were not import fan boys only.

This car is not meant to be competing with a viper (think about that and tell me how much thad make sense?) or corvette at all its a luxory sports car, not a raw sports car. Its more meant for the car to be competing against Caddillac XLR-v and vehicles of that nature.
closeminded? who said i hated it bc it had american badge?
Old 06-27-05, 01:41 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

the car looks good overall but they gotta fix the back end. looks lilke something is missing/wrong. But i gotta give for the interior.
Old 06-27-05, 02:01 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

ahh...i remember this concept. Looks outstanding...however I still prefer the Chrysler ME-Four12 or whatever it was called.
Old 06-27-05, 03:16 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ted920
Interior is AMAZING!

Again for $35,000 thiscar is great.

If they price it incorrectly then it won;t move.

Imagine this with a nice 3-piece wheel with sick lip.

Ted
It wont be priced at 35k. From what I read before they estimated it would be priced around 70k, but then again it wont be powered by the 5.7L 345 hp Hemi V8. But rather the 6.1 Liter 425 hp found in the SRT-8 line up.

ANd at that price even if it was the 5.7 liter version itd make Getting an SRT-6 crossfire totally pointless. A car that is not selling well anywho.

Personally id... Lower the price of the base Crossfire. (Im not picking an Crossfire over a 350z or S2000 even if it has a nice interior!) To around 25-26k.

Lower the price of the SRT-6 (im not paying money for an SRT-6 over a corvette, and it doesnt have enough luxury to sway other buyers from a corvette..) To around 35-38k.

Id offer this car as a base model with "ONLY" 345 hp at around 45-55k Enough to sway someone to pick this over a 320 hp Caddillac XLR or even dare I say it, Lexus SC430. Offer a super nice interior to make for the fact thad itd still be running behind the Corvette and a comfortable ride. And make it so it still a good performer at least come close to matching the SRT-6s performance. If its kept at around 3500-3600 lbs mid to high 13s would be possible with the base model. You wont find a luxury roadster making this much power south of 80k Closest is the Caddillac SLR and that would be 20k pricier!!

Then Id offer a SRT-8 option using the same engine as the concept version and price it north of 60k, maybe 60-70k. At that price you wont find any luxury roadster making this power for less then 100k. Closest is the Jaguar XKR and that is at 390 hp and close to 90k even the 645 ci is at a pricey 80k. The only roadster more powerful are priced far above 100k closer to the 200k mark. This would be a bargain regarldess.
Old 06-27-05, 06:43 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

ace and gary back in action
lol

Old 08-22-06, 10:54 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Chrysler's V8 coupe moves closer to production

Posted: 0:02am, 21 August 2006

Chrysler's V8 Firepower concept is moving closer to production, thanks to a plan to push the Dodge Viper upmarket, creating a Firepower-shaped gap in Chrysler Group's portfolio.

Sources suggest that the 2008 Viper will have a new chassis and an engine co-developed by McLaren, DaimlerChrysler's F1 partner. A precedent for this has already been set. At the 2006 Detroit show, ASC (American Speciality Cars) showed the Diamondback Viper, which had a 615bhp supercharged engine tuned by McLaren. The carbon bodied Diamondback is thought to be a precursor to the 2008 model year Viper.

Dodge is planning a big upgrade for its supercar, spurred on by the success of GM's 505bhp Z06 Corvette, which trumps the Viper in terms of price, performance and dynamic ability. By taking the Viper upmarket, DCX opens up a gap for the front-engined V8-powered Firepower.

CAR Online drove the Firepower concept in Detroit. It's based on the Viper chassis, albeit with by a 6.1-litre V8 HEMI engine as opposed to the Viper's V10. It's likely that the production Firepower will be twinned with the upgraded Viper, to share components and strengthen the business case for both cars.

The biggest problem with the Viper (although part of its charm) is the 8.3-litre, V10 engine's sheer size and bulk. The Firepower is a far more agile beast with the smaller V8 tucked up nicely against the firewall. Chrysler claims 0-60mph in less than 4.5sec and 175mph flat out.

The Firepower is a charismatic and beguiling proposition. It feels similar to an Aston Martin V8 – stiff, vocal and very fast – and if DCX can sell the Firepower for £45,000-£60,000 in the UK, the Firepower could become a cut-price alternative to the Mercedes SL, Maserati Coupe or Jaguar XKR.

Words: Nick Trott
Pictures: David Shepherd

source : carmagazine
Old 08-22-06, 12:59 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NOW, IF Lexus can build a similar car....
Old 08-22-06, 01:14 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
WOW. Chrysler's design is getting very very appealing now. I see what they're doing now. Take the expensive luxuries out there and scale them down
First the 300c = Bentley
now this = Aston Martin?
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Chrysler is taking a lot of design cues from Aston. The flat front grill, the hatchback with the Bangle-esque spoiler/bumper with elongated taillights, the swooping center console; hell, they even copied the seats!!!

Old 08-22-06, 03:19 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
That's what a lot of mid-late 50's interiors looked like....and back then they used REAL chrome.
However, it causes glare problems in sunlight....one reason why chrome windshield-wiper arms were eventually replaced with the black ones we have today.
That's funny...my father actually shared that same bit of information with me a while back.
Old 08-22-06, 04:18 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

612 scaglietti, overall looks good, front is a bit busy, headlights look very bland

Quick Reply: Chrysler Firepower (Pics)