Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Passenger Annoyances

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-05, 09:28 PM
Megatron
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Annoyances

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask and find out if you have any annoyances with passengers and things they touch in your car sometimes it annoys me!

My biggest annoyance is when someone messes with the radio, second when they move the ac vents, and third when they play with the ac controls. really annoys me!!
Old 06-26-05, 10:04 PM
AgntTinkle
Driver

hahaha
yeah..sometimes it can be annoying
but i guess we all like the same music so radio isnt a problem
Old 06-27-05, 02:27 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hate it when I have a passenger who closes the door by touching the window... not the actual door. I hate those fingerprints.
Old 06-27-05, 05:34 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

This topic is worthy to be placed in the Car Chat forum
Old 06-27-05, 05:47 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 288 Likes on 213 Posts

I hate when passengers are too lazy to lift their foot up and put it all the way in the car before sitting down so as to kick my door trim on the bottom and leave their dirty footprints. I know that piece of rubber/plastic is down their to protect for this, but I hate cleaning that part. It's something that shouldn't need cleaning if you know how to get into a car. Also I hate passengers that try to open the door before I've unlocked it, and they pull the handle real hard expecting it to open, then let it go so it slams. Also, I hate people that don't grab the handle itself, but instead slide their fingernails along the indent of the door handle, leaving those scratches in the door under the handle. That's a tough place to wax/polish.

Other annoyances:

I hate passengers that tell me MY music sucks, and then proceed to change MY music selection, I'm driving, if you don't like it, feel free to step out at anytime.
I can understand touching the temperature, not everyone is comfortable at the same temperatures that I am. I enjoy cold. I don't use the heater very much.
I hate passengers who have to use the mirror in the car for the duration of the car ride and do their make-up. That's what a house is for. Not to mention that it's hard to see when your passenger is nose to nose with the sun visor.
I hate passengers who are "backseat drivers" I'm driving, if you don't like it, feel free to step out at anytime. It doesn't help my confidence that you think I'm a bad driver and have to constantly remind me that you think so, also takes away from my concentration.
I hate passengers who rummage through the backseat while I'm driving.
I hate passengers who I have to remind to put a seat belt on? Are you stupid?
I hate passengers who are supposed to tell me where to go, but when there is a turn we are supposed to take, wait until I'm halfway past the turn before telling me "Oh, we were supposed to turn there."

LOL :P

Hate is such a strong word
Old 06-27-05, 08:13 AM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexSC888
I hate when passengers are too lazy to lift their foot up and put it all the way in the car before sitting down so as to kick my door trim on the bottom and leave their dirty footprints. I know that piece of rubber/plastic is down their to protect for this, but I hate cleaning that part. It's something that shouldn't need cleaning if you know how to get into a car. Also I hate passengers that try to open the door before I've unlocked it, and they pull the handle real hard expecting it to open, then let it go so it slams. Also, I hate people that don't grab the handle itself, but instead slide their fingernails along the indent of the door handle, leaving those scratches in the door under the handle. That's a tough place to wax/polish.

Other annoyances:

I hate passengers that tell me MY music sucks, and then proceed to change MY music selection, I'm driving, if you don't like it, feel free to step out at anytime.
I can understand touching the temperature, not everyone is comfortable at the same temperatures that I am. I enjoy cold. I don't use the heater very much.
I hate passengers who have to use the mirror in the car for the duration of the car ride and do their make-up. That's what a house is for. Not to mention that it's hard to see when your passenger is nose to nose with the sun visor.
I hate passengers who are "backseat drivers" I'm driving, if you don't like it, feel free to step out at anytime. It doesn't help my confidence that you think I'm a bad driver and have to constantly remind me that you think so, also takes away from my concentration.
I hate passengers who rummage through the backseat while I'm driving.
I hate passengers who I have to remind to put a seat belt on? Are you stupid?
I hate passengers who are supposed to tell me where to go, but when there is a turn we are supposed to take, wait until I'm halfway past the turn before telling me "Oh, we were supposed to turn there."

LOL :P

Hate is such a strong word
WOW.. i think you should get yourself a McLaren F1 a one seater.. but a few of those things that you're annoyed of.. same go's for me.. musice and the makeup..
YES i'm annoyed when someone like my mom, aunt or anyone trying to teach me how to drive. when they don't even have a freaking drivers licenses.
Old 06-27-05, 09:51 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexSC888
I'm not necessarily placing you as a driver in this category, ( you probably aren't ) but sometimes people HAVE to " back-seat-drive " because the front-seat driver can't (or won't). Throwing someone out of the car won't solve that problem.

My biggest pet peeve (although I usually drive alone) are people who cross their legs while they are sitting down and inadvertantly rub the bottom of their shoes against the dash, console, door trim, or kick panels.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-27-05 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-27-05, 01:01 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1993ES300x
WOW.. i think you should get yourself a McLaren F1 a one seater.. but a few of those things that you're annoyed of.. same go's for me.. musice and the makeup..
YES i'm annoyed when someone like my mom, aunt or anyone trying to teach me how to drive. when they don't even have a freaking drivers licenses.
I'll take a McLaren

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I'm not necessarily placing you as a driver in this category, ( you probably aren't ) but sometimes people HAVE to " back-seat-drive " because the front-seat driver can't (or won't). Throwing someone out of the car won't solve that problem.
I agree, I've driven with several people who are not the world's greatest drivers. I try to keep my mouth shut however. If they are bad drivers, they dont need to be paying attention to you while they try to drive. When i say backseat drivers, i mean people who say things like "You're going too fast." meanwhile I'm going the speed of traffic on the highway, be it 72-75 mph in the left lane. If i go slower, it's more dangerous (yes i could change lanes to go slower, but why do it?). Or those people who say "move over to the right lane now" when there is nobody in the left lane ahead of me or behind me on a 2 lane(each direction) highway. If someone is coming up behind me, i'll move over gladly. What about the people that tell me I need to put my wipers to hyperspeed when its drizzling? Or the ones who say I'm accelerating too fast when my foot isnt even halfway down on the pedal? Or the ones that say I put my blinker on too EARLY? Or those people that say I brake too hard?

By these people, I'm generally referring to my parents or overly cautious friends
That one seater is sounding mighty fine .
Old 06-27-05, 01:19 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have no annoyances with passengers--because the only passengers i carry are close friends, and they don't do any of the mentioned things you guys talk about. you might think i'm BSing...but no.

all my friends buckle up, no questions asked--it's just automatic.
none of my friends bash my music--i don't bash theirs
we don't give a poo about how we drive as long as the car wasn't damaged and none of us got hurt on the way there.
we know our way around most of the places we go to---no need for late directions, we figure that out before we get there.
torrance is rarely hot enough to actually use the A/C--so no problems there.
my parents rarely ride my car--so i've got no issues about that either.

oooh yes. whoster's car life is good.
Old 06-27-05, 01:27 PM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

Window up window down. Up..Down....up.... STOP!
Old 06-27-05, 01:43 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

it doesnt really bother me much as long as they dont drive my car, or talk to the cell phone really loud with other people while i am driving
Old 06-27-05, 01:48 PM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When someone grabs the OS handle. What is that all about? When I am a passenger I sit in the seat with my seat belt on. Good enough for me.
Old 06-27-05, 01:53 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

"Don't ever touch a black mans radio" - Chris Tucker

Nothing else bothers me.
Old 06-27-05, 02:06 PM
Megatron
Driver School Candidate

Default I feel better now

thanks for the replies everyone, I found them pretty interesting now I know it doesnt only happen to me.
Old 06-27-05, 02:13 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

hey magneto, nice quote in your sig. Nobody in the game these days better than Jay-Z.......

...except Kanye West.

Quick Reply: Passenger Annoyances