Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

socal street race scene, 56k stay away

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-05, 01:04 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Calis losing it's touch, these cars are boring, or maybe it's just the photographers tastes and we're not seeing the whole scene as it is.

Street racing is fun, you should try it. It beats racing at the track any day. Death or destruction from street racing is WAAAYYYY overblown, cops and the media loves it cuz it makes them look or sound important. Most of us already know It's a waste of money and time craking down on street racers. More people die or get hurt from stupid inattentive driving on a daily basis than all street racing combine. Whenever the racers decide to race, all the spectators will definately follow in close pursuit to see the action. So if you do follow them to the scene where the action takes place, you are condoning street racing. Cops busting people for chirping their tires or revving their motor is idiotic at best. Any street racers know the noisy ones that likes to show off are usually the slow ones. They only do that to get attention, just like all the stickers and huge wings they got on. The ones cops really need to go after are the quiet and well behaved ones, those are the ones with the really fast cars waiting to do some damage. If cop want to make money while somewhat keeping the streets safe, follow these guys, everytime they pull a 10 or 11sec run on their opponent, that's an easy $200 fine.

BTW.....I hope you didn't go around calling people ricers for not driving the vehicles you like at a street scene. There you don't have the protection or support of web posters. The street is free for all taste and style and anything can happen.

Last edited by Celicamaro; 07-08-05 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-08-05, 02:30 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant really see anything in those pics. I know they are night time pics. Got any more pics of the S4. That is really the only car that looks good.
Old 07-08-05, 05:01 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Celicamaro
Street racing is fun, you should try it. It beats racing at the track any day. Death or destruction from street racing is WAAAYYYY overblown, cops and the media loves it cuz it makes them look or sound important. Most of us already know It's a waste of money and time craking down on street racers.

by street racing and ensorsing it, you're telling people it's ok to race your cars on public roads at unsafe speeds endangering the public. there's a reason you see cops busting people for racing on public roads, because it is ILLEGAL. by no means do they want to look and sound "important" by cracking down on street racing. they do it to protect the public. if you want to race, go to a track where you're not going to endanger your or other peoples lives.

you seem to be part of the problem, not the solution.
Old 07-08-05, 07:09 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Old 07-08-05, 08:38 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by adidosc

by street racing and ensorsing it, you're telling people it's ok to race your cars on public roads at unsafe speeds endangering the public. there's a reason you see cops busting people for racing on public roads, because it is ILLEGAL. by no means do they want to look and sound "important" by cracking down on street racing. they do it to protect the public. if you want to race, go to a track where you're not going to endanger your or other peoples lives.

you seem to be part of the problem, not the solution.
Here's the part you don't understand. When people talk street racing, they don't mean speed around and cut people off left and right during busy traffic hours. I believe that is what y'all have in mind when you speak or think of street racing, that is what the media and cops like to plant in everyones mind. Apparently it worked. I don't condone stupidity on the road just like I don't condone stupidity on the track, racing carelssly or recklessly on public road while eating or talking on the phone is not street racing, it's stupidity, it's what the general public does everyday. They are the ones that needs major disciplining, just because the law isn't doing anything about it doesn mean it's not a problem. Look at the facts, every year over 30,000 people die from car accidents, maybe once or every couple of years you hear about people who die from street racing. During the same time, you hear more professional racers die or get injured at the track. But the media and most people like to make midnight racing headline news. Sounds a little unfair don't you think? It's like saying flying is not as safe cuz they keep showing us footages of planes crashing.

Racers go way out to industrial areas where no business is open and there is practically no traffic, they generally race way late in the night where the chance of someone poping up unexpectly is nonexistent. Most times, care is taken so no one gets hurt or busted. Of course most people and the media don't want to know this, they just like to assume the worse and make a big stink over it. The media almost always show footage of when the cops have showed up and people are running chaotically everywhere cuz it looks cool on TV. What people need to understand is that the problems and bad reps come from newbies trying to get in the act and getting stupid and f$$king things up. They already announce their arrival or where they're going miles away already, so cops don't even need to look hard. Most accidents happen when cops shows up and try to intimidate people, newbies drive like maniacs to escape only to endup hitting other cars(cuz they're stupid). When cops bust these idiots up, cops also like make a big deal about it. Sometimes they purposely call in the media so the public and federal grants people will think cops are actually doing their jobs. Cops and the medias are the problem. Street racing by my defination is way way way safer than someone getting drunk at home and decides to drive down to the stores to pickup some milk and ends up running some little girl over or just simply talking on the cellphone while driving a huge SUV.

In my town, cops join us to race once their shifts are over. While they're on duty, they play cat and mouse games with enthusiasts so it looks good to the public. Sometimes their cars are the ones to beat. My cop friend comes to hangout with us all the times, when I'm not careful and fall off boost, I have a tough time beating his NSX. Even the chief of police has his own crew, but they don't normally race.

BTW.... only in the import(japanese cars) street scene, can you find people of all races hanging out in peace without killing each other. You got Latinos, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, Africans, Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese, and all kinds of white folks. Just about all of the white folks are from the suburbs too. In their normal lives, these people don't even dare drive anywhere near the places where they hangout with complete strangers way late at night. There is no police supervision, everyone knows their place and behaves accordingly, everyone respects everyone else no matter what their style. The domestics and VW or any other scene or most event can't make that claim, variety is not welcome at these groups, most times they talk **** behind your back. Cops are almost a necessary to bring law and order and detour problems at the domestic hangouts so the idiots who like calling passerbys "ricers" for driving an asian make vehicles don't get their azzes shot at. Happens every nice weekend in my town.
Old 07-08-05, 09:46 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

this thread seems to be heading towards the debate forum faster than men to a hooters on wing night. but, you responded to my post so i will respond to yours celicamaro.

racing carelssly or recklessly on public road while eating or talking on the phone is not street racing
congratulations! you now are aware eating and talking on the phone are not street racing. this is NOT what we're talking about. yes, i'd agree people shouldn't be eating or talking on a phone while driving, but this has absolutely NOTHING to do with street racing. show me a street racer who eats a big mac or calls his girlfriend while racing and we'll bring this back into discussion.

every year over 30,000 people die from car accidents, maybe once or every couple of years you hear about people who die from street racing
the news shows have a certain amount of time they have to report the days news. now, do they get to report everything that happens in a day? nah, they have to make cuts. if you heard about everything that happened in your area, nationally, and internationally, you'd never be finished watching the news. as far as what doesn't get aired, according to what you're saying, if something doesn't get aired on the news it didn't happen. simply because a street race didn't end up on the news doesn't mean it didn't occur. it did.

Racers go way out to industrial areas where no business is open and there is practically no traffic, they generally race way late in the night where the chance of someone poping up unexpectly is nonexistent.
this may be true SOME of the time, but not all. locally i can guarantee you street racers do NOT go to remote areas to street race. they race for a variety of reasons, amung them due to the fact they pulled up beside another modified car at a red light. instead of amiring what the other has done to their car, it turns into a one-on-one race to see which car is faster. it doesn't matter how many laws they need to break or how many innocent people they need to endanger, it's all about the pride.

Sometimes they purposely call in the media so the public and federal grants people will think cops are actually doing their jobs. Cops and the medias are the problem.
you're kidding, right? you actually think cops and the media are the problem? it couldn't be, oh i don't know... the STREET RACERS FAULT? i don't believe the cops "want" to come out and bust everyone, they don't "want" to call the media in, and they don't "want" to prove to their higher ups they are doing their job. do you really think the only thing they have to do is make your life miserable because you choose to break the law and street race? wake up, it's their job to enforce the law. you break it, they make you pay for it. it's how the system works.

Street racing by my defination is way way way safer than someone getting drunk at home and decides to drive down to the stores to pickup some milk and ends up running some little girl over or just simply talking on the cellphone while driving a huge SUV.
so... by your thinking, we should all race the car beside us instead of picking up our cell phone? that logic makes no sense what-so-ever. also, did you possibly have any comprehension about the "drunk at home" comment? now how many times do you hear of someone getting drunk at home, going to the "stores" as you call it, to pick up milk then run over a little girl? i would be willing to bet that street races happen much more often than drunk milk crazed people go running over little girls.

In my town, cops join us to race once their shifts are over. While they're on duty, they play cat and mouse games with enthusiasts so it looks good to the public.
it seems them that in your town, the street racers AND the corrupt law enforcement are the problems. they have a job to protect the public, and obviously they aren't doing it.

only in the import(japanese cars) street scene, can you find people of all races hanging out in peace without killing each other. You got Latinos, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, Africans, Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese, and all kinds of white folks. Just about all of the white folks are from the suburbs too.
so that's why we see corvette shows with all types of races and people showing up? that comment came out of left field there -- which brings me to your next comment:
The domestics and VW or any other scene or most event can't make that claim, variety is not welcome at these groups, most times they talk **** behind your back.
so all commestic and VW are single race only?

Cops are almost a necessary to bring law and order and detour problems at the domestic hangouts so the idiots who like calling passerbys "ricers" for driving an asian make vehicles don't get their azzes shot at.
we're not talking about hangouts. we're talking about street racing. but, by your thinking, cops should only be present at domestic and VW meetings to keep them under control. however, the japanese import meeting up the road will have none of this, and they should be allowed to street race all they want, simply because their car is from japan.

simply put, street racing is illegal and should NOT be done at all. we have autocrossing events, drag strips and other areas designated for racing for that purpose -- racing. no one will back you up saying the media and your other grab bag of excuses are the problem. the people who street race and endanger other people's lives are the problem.
Old 07-08-05, 10:40 PM
phillipin
Driver

like i said, this is like my second time using a digital camera, or camera period. I took pics of the cars that the owners would let me take pics of. Im not even an amature photographer.

Anyway on street racing, its fuggin stupid it shoudlnt be done. But i am a car enthusiast, and i do condone the fixing up of cars, i love cars, i like to see them, hear them. And if you cant tell these cars are parked, they arent racing, no racing takes place in the parking lot of an in n out.

For those who condone street racing, get t-boned by a 17year old in a lowered crx at 45 mph and tell me street racing is safe. Tell me that chances of getting a ticket are one in a million, chances of driving home and you live near a paper mill then getting cut off and rear ended by the racers that think because a street isnt well lit it isnt well traveled.
Old 07-08-05, 11:49 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

They still do that??? I thought street racing was out like the Macarena??? I thought it was all about the Slideways now??? oh well....I still think that people that are street racers are idiots that should have their cars dismantled with a circular saw right in front of their eyes....
Old 07-09-05, 03:13 AM
phillipin
Driver

thats illegal, and i yes they may tow it to a 4rd party yard, but it is highly illegal to them to destroy your car

first if you make payments, you dont own the car the lien holder does. They would be liable for any damages to the vehicle, and if it was purposely crushed you could sue for the entire value of the car plus anguish for losing personal property, hell your bank or lien holder could even sue the county or city for gross neglegence and wilfull destruction of property.

tow to a yard yes, of course
car being put into a compactor no, you know how much liability LA county cops have to deal with, if they have an automati tow and crush policy you would see about 30+ cars a day on the 10 101 110 60 605 210 134 being towed and automatically put in the crusher as you say

get your facts straight

And wtf is a neutral county, are we playing command and conquer here a little to much or what
Old 07-09-05, 06:43 AM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

glad to see i'm not alone here.
Old 07-09-05, 09:58 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Lots of misguided opinions, but no facts to back it up. Ask yourself these questions. How did I hear about street racing accidents? Did I see it myself or did I hear it from the media or from some friend? Does one plane crash makes flying more dangerous than driving?
Old 07-09-05, 10:18 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by adidosc
glad to see i'm not alone here.
Playing the numbers game doesn't neccesarily mean you're right. But it will help make your opinions appear more credible. I don't expect many to agree with me cuz I speak from a view that you and many either hasn't thought about, don't understand or just plain don't care about. If you don't agree with it, I'm not the problem.
Old 07-09-05, 11:52 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Street racing is fun, you should try it. It beats racing at the track any day. .
most people with that attitude are the punks who say their car runs 12s and don't want to go to the track and prove it really runs 15s

Street racing in the boonies is no big deal to me. endangering innocent people/families is not right.

BTW- anyone who spends any time on CL knows Celicamaro in general, just likes to start sh#t by making ignorant comments for no reason other than to get attention by irritating people.
Old 07-09-05, 02:35 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Playing the numbers game doesn't neccesarily mean you're right. But it will help make your opinions appear more credible. I don't expect many to agree with me cuz I speak from a view that you and many either hasn't thought about, don't understand or just plain don't care about. If you don't agree with it, I'm not the problem.
there's a reason many people haven't thought about your opinion, but it is just that -- your opinion. if you want to go around with the idea that street racing is OK, the media is the problem, and all your other notions of what is "right", go ahead. what you can't argue with is the fact that it is illegal, and by doing so and encouraging others to do so, you're breaking the law and endangering others. there is nothing saying i or others have to agree with your way of thinking... if we did it would be a very different united states. the issue at stake is not whether or not we will go along with your way of thinking, but whether not street racing is legal. simple answer, no.
Old 07-09-05, 02:47 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chuckb
BTW- anyone who spends any time on CL knows Celicamaro in general, just likes to start sh#t by making ignorant comments for no reason other than to get attention by irritating people.

Well put chuck.

Quick Reply: socal street race scene, 56k stay away