Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

socal street race scene, 56k stay away

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-05 | 01:42 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by adidosc
there's a reason many people haven't thought about your opinion, but it is just that -- your opinion. if you want to go around with the idea that street racing is OK, the media is the problem, and all your other notions of what is "right", go ahead. what you can't argue with is the fact that it is illegal, and by doing so and encouraging others to do so, you're breaking the law and endangering others. there is nothing saying i or others have to agree with your way of thinking... if we did it would be a very different united states. the issue at stake is not whether or not we will go along with your way of thinking, but whether not street racing is legal. simple answer, no.
You got it all wrong as usual. The issue here is you and a few others having a problem with my opinions. You start playing the numbers game so it'll seem as if your opinions are more right than mine. Fact is, I've never said street racing is not illegal, I said it's fun, people who are quick to say that it's so bad for society just might like it if they try it. Where do you get the idea that I think it's legal? I couldn't careless if you agree with me, but since you want to take issues with my opinions, I'll point out facts and ask legit questions that you and others have not considered as a defense. Now how about addressing those instead of trying to make a point out of things I've never said?
Old 07-10-05 | 06:13 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

blahblahbalbhablah.

I have a severe problem with people that drive reckelessly around bystanders bydrivers, or in other wise somewhat traveled areas. On certain occasions its difficult for me to judge street racing harshly.

If its done 50 miles from any residential, or bussiness area and there is notingness all around and the racing area well guarded, I have a very very difficult time judging someone for that. I seen been in places like that, and although wrecks do happen... its only the car that was running.. Passerbys were stopped and warned about incoming cars by the spectators. In fact in one rare case even the on duty police officer deemed it uneccessary to have everyone disperse. Of course that was a very unknown spot and the amount of people there was very limited and due to the nature of the road rather impossible to develop high speeds.

I been to other places where I agree theyre truly a menace to the public. In fact I got wrongfully "arrested" once since they were using a restaurant and the confused me and my friends customers for participants, later all charges were fully dropped. This are the people that give car enthusiasts a bad name. I have a strong disdain to this group of "street racers" Ie the form that you see in the media in the most.

I also been to the track.. and is truly the only place where one can drive 10/10s and be somewhat safe the fun factor is much better here. If only cost of track usage could go down. This is by far the best place to be in. Drag strips however are as fun as a dyno run if you have a low, mild or moderate hp car. I generally use the drag strip for baseline purposes and if need be tuning purposes.

People in a stop light match that accelarate to the speed limit only... eh.. I have a difficult time blaming them, I mean theyre going the speed limit they just got there quicker then average.
And I find it that this is the category where most of the posters here fall into.
Old 07-10-05 | 06:35 AM
adidosc
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by Celicamaro
You got it all wrong as usual. The issue here is you and a few others having a problem with my opinions. You start playing the numbers game so it'll seem as if your opinions are more right than mine. Fact is, I've never said street racing is not illegal, I said it's fun, people who are quick to say that it's so bad for society just might like it if they try it. Where do you get the idea that I think it's legal? I couldn't careless if you agree with me, but since you want to take issues with my opinions,
go and find where i said i have a problem with your opinion. i'd also encourage you to find where i said. i was never playing the "numbers game" at all. what you take as a numbers game was a simple statement on my part including others into the conversation who also believe street racing is illegal. i was NOT bringing people in because they agree with my way thinking over yours. as far as your view of legalness, please quote me saying you think it is illegal. what you believe me accusing you of thinking is actually me pointing out what you are encouraging is illegal. i've said you are welcome to your own opinion here, and you are. i'm not out to point the finger at you and say "now son, you need to change your way of thinking."

i, and many others on the board, are not out to agree with you. if everyone agreed with everyone, how boring would that be? debates happen everyday because people have differing opinions. you seem to take offense when someone doesn't agree with you, right? instead of taking offense, try to see their way of thinking before you criticize them. like i've said, i'm not trying to change your ways of thinking.
I'll point out facts and ask legit questions that you and others have not considered as a defense. Now how about addressing those instead of trying to make a point out of things I've never said?
i did. LINK
Old 07-10-05 | 07:33 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Calis losing it's touch, these cars are boring, or maybe it's just the photographers tastes and we're not seeing the whole scene as it is.

Street racing is fun, you should try it. It beats racing at the track any day. Death or destruction from street racing is WAAAYYYY overblown, cops and the media loves it cuz it makes them look or sound important. Most of us already know It's a waste of money and time craking down on street racers. More people die or get hurt from stupid inattentive driving on a daily basis than all street racing combine. Whenever the racers decide to race, all the spectators will definately follow in close pursuit to see the action. So if you do follow them to the scene where the action takes place, you are condoning street racing. Cops busting people for chirping their tires or revving their motor is idiotic at best. Any street racers know the noisy ones that likes to show off are usually the slow ones. They only do that to get attention, just like all the stickers and huge wings they got on. The ones cops really need to go after are the quiet and well behaved ones, those are the ones with the really fast cars waiting to do some damage. If cop want to make money while somewhat keeping the streets safe, follow these guys, everytime they pull a 10 or 11sec run on their opponent, that's an easy $200 fine.

BTW.....I hope you didn't go around calling people ricers for not driving the vehicles you like at a street scene. There you don't have the protection or support of web posters. The street is free for all taste and style and anything can happen.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=street+racing

Old 07-11-05 | 12:55 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

GTFM...what's your point? I just came back from a funeral where a friend of mine was kill when some fool talking on a cell phone ran a red light and struck his motocycle hard. Coroners did their best, but from the nose down, we couldn't tell who he was anymore. Most likely this fool will get off easy if she can afford a good enough lawyer.

Stupidity is societies biggest problems. Get stupid with anything or in any field and **** will happen. But many would like to make street racing a bigger problems than it really is. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited by Celicamaro; 07-11-05 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-11-05 | 02:14 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by adidosc
go and find where i said i have a problem with your opinion. i'd also encourage you to find where i said. i was never playing the "numbers game" at all. what you take as a numbers game was a simple statement on my part including others into the conversation who also believe street racing is illegal. i was NOT bringing people in because they agree with my way thinking over yours. as far as your view of legalness, please quote me saying you think it is illegal. what you believe me accusing you of thinking is actually me pointing out what you are encouraging is illegal. i've said you are welcome to your own opinion here, and you are. i'm not out to point the finger at you and say "now son, you need to change your way of thinking."
1) The very reason you post what you've post shows you have issues with my views. Don't get me wrong, I welcome your differences as long as they are not ignorant bias cheapshots.

2) By saying "no ones agreeing with you" or "glad to see I'm not the only one" is playing the numbers game. You are not forcing me to change my view to yours or anyone else, but you are implying that your view is better and has more supporters. You will get more supporters in a forum like CL, but you wouldn't get it in a forum that has racers who regularly races on the streets. It's like saying "let Taiwan have it's independece" to the communist Chinese govt. America and the west want that to happen, but ain't gonna get much support by the admistration who currently hold the power in china.

3) You've concluded on your own that the issue here is street racing is illegal, that means you think I don't think it is. SO I ask again, where do you get the idea that I think it's not illegal? Yes I condone "intelligent" street racing and I know it's illegal, bottom line is, I just don't care.....like most of y'all and the genral public don't care about abiding with the posted speed limits on our highways cuz y'all thought the law is stupid and doesn't serve the public any good. If I get caught, I'll pay the price without complaint. If I don't, the media and cops need to stop painting me and those who do what I do as major problems of society when there are bigger problems out there caused by legal stuff.

i, and many others on the board, are not out to agree with you. if everyone agreed with everyone, how boring would that be? debates happen everyday because people have differing opinions. you seem to take offense when someone doesn't agree with you, right? instead of taking offense, try to see their way of thinking before you criticize them. like i've said, i'm not trying to change your ways of thinking.
You are assuming that I take offense to others opinions that are contrary to my own. That's where you're wrong. What you're missing is that I take offense to cheapshots by people like ChuckB and his little fanboy Gs300Dave who has nothing positive or informative to contribute but to make annoying and irritating post directed at me hoping to start flame wars. If they actually post something unbias and halfway intelligent even if I don't agree, I'd have no problems. But I don't see that ever happening anytime soon.

BTW: I'm not out to get y'all to agree with me, as long as people give a fair look at where I'm coming rather than jumping to ridicule me and start flame wars.

i did. LINK
I was going to respond to your many points, but I didn't want to hi-jack the thread anymore than I already have. I'll think about it.
Old 07-11-05 | 02:28 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Back to the pics, If I unfortunately own one of those cars, I would tint the windows ALL around as dark as possible so no one can see me
Old 07-11-05 | 02:33 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chuckb
most people with that attitude are the punks who say their car runs 12s and don't want to go to the track and prove it really runs 15s
Mark Tozer and all those 800-1000rwhp Supra, sc300 and IS300 guys and their friends in equally powerful Vettes, Vipers and domestics who regualrly races at high speed on the streets wants you to call them a punk to their faces. We all know poweful Supras suk at the track, many of these 700rwhp vehicles can barely hit high 12s. So their drivers prefer to do it on the streets where they can pull from 100-160mph faster than what most can do from 0-60.

Street racing in the boonies is no big deal to me. endangering innocent people/families is not right.
So you agreeing with me?

BTW- anyone who spends any time on CL knows Celicamaro in general, just likes to start sh#t by making ignorant comments for no reason other than to get attention by irritating people.
NEO wants to know when you'll stop following me around and making irritating and unintelligent posts to get on my nerve and start making postive, educational or informative posts?
Old 07-11-05 | 05:39 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Mark Tozer and all those 800-1000rwhp Supra, sc300 and IS300 guys and their friends in equally powerful Vettes, Vipers and domestics who regualrly races at high speed on the streets wants you to call them a punk to their faces. We all know poweful Supras suk at the track, many of these 700rwhp vehicles can barely hit high 12s. So their drivers prefer to do it on the streets where they can pull from 100-160mph faster than what most can do from 0-60.
yah, ok. Show me an 800 hp car that can only run high 12s at the track and I'll show you someone that can't drive.

So you agreeing with me?
unlike you, I'm just telling it like it is (as always) instead of just trying to be contrary to everything anyone says just to get a reaction like you do

NEO wants to know when you'll stop following me around and making irritating and unintelligent posts to get on my nerve and start making postive, educational or informative posts?
don't flatter yourself to think I'm following you around. you are the one who constantly makes negative, uneducational, uninformative posts just to get attention. I have never seen you add any usefull or informative matter towards Lexus cars, which is mainly what this site is about.

get a life

Last edited by chuckb; 07-11-05 at 05:45 AM.
Old 07-11-05 | 05:40 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

So you agreeing with me?

So what would they do if I called mr Tozer and others a punk to his face? Ban me from a board I havent posted in over 2 years? And with proper suspension and tire setup tuning powerful supras Do not have to suck at the track, that is a steorotype that should of ended years ago.

Anyways this thread has hit the ****ter, and I make a request that people that need to debate this some more please either take it to the pms or your favorite istant messenger. The original poster just intended to show the cars he found tasteful.
Old 07-11-05 | 08:42 AM
adidosc
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by Inabj2
Anyways this thread has hit the ****ter, and I make a request that people that need to debate this some more please either take it to the pms or your favorite istant messenger. The original poster just intended to show the cars he found tasteful.
i agree. we've strayed off from the original intent of the post to a debate about street racing. although i've put in my opinions with no personal attacks what so ever (not my style), at this point we'll all have to put this to rest unless we start a thread in the debate forum. besides... at this pace we won't be done with this thread for a looooong long time.

in effort to get this post back to it's original intent (yes i know, i've helped get it off topic)... i'd like to offer a few tips to the budding photographer. hit up walmart and buy a tripod. they're universal and only cost $20 or so for one that will more than suit your purpose. use that in conjunction with a long shutter time (play around with times, but the less light the more time you will need). you'll most likely have to turn it to manual mode to do this. also, if you have a night mode like mine does, try that as well. i've had success with using my girlfriend as a place to hold my camera steady while taking a picture in night mode. other than that, get out and take more pictures. you obviously spent enough money to get a good camera... so put it to good use and take some more pics of cars.
Old 07-11-05 | 10:50 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

yah, ok. Show me an 800 hp car that can only run high 12s at the track and I'll show you someone that can't drive.

Lets stick with your original point. You're calling them punks for choosing to race on the street rather than at the track right?

unlike you, I'm just telling it like it is (as always) instead of just trying to be contrary to everything anyone says just to get a reaction like you do

So if by you "telling it like it is" happens to be exactly what I've been saying. That means either I've been posting intelligent, positive, and nonalternating views just to provoke reactions. Or you're also making negative, uneducational, uninformative posts just to get attention. So which is it?

don't flatter yourself to think I'm following you around. you are the one who constantly makes negative, uneducational, uninformative posts just to get attention. I have never seen you add any usefull or informative matter towards Lexus cars, which is mainly what this site is about.

1) Yes you are following me around. You started the personal attacks on this thread.
2) You like engaging in personal attacks to annoy me. Every post you direct towards me has been negative in nature, I have yet to see a positive one from you. You don't want to see me post informative and intelligent stuff as they somehow offend you. Forum rules says not to engage in personal attacks, but you disregard it.
3) This is CAR CHAT, it doesn't neccessarily have to be Lexus vehicles eventho I do post stuff about Lexus vehicles many times, I even made threads about specific Lexus models. Stop looking for negative stuff in my post to start **** and you'll see.
Old 07-11-05 | 11:05 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Please also be aware we have a second set of rules called 'Response to comments' which is being ignored here.

https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/...ew/2160/1/126/
Response to Comments
If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, do not respond with any further comments that will aggravate the situation. Reacting to a hostile post with more hostility puts you in jeopardy, and puts you at risk for action against your account even if it is another member’s fault. Members have two options of recourse:

1)Email the moderators of the forum in which the offensive comment is posted, directing them to the individual and thread in which the problem occurs. Use the "Notify a Moderator" button on the bottom of the offensive post to accomplish the same thing. Moderators will look into the issues and take the appropriate actions.

2)Resolve the problem between both of you via email or Private Message (PM).
So... knock off the back and forth and back on track either talking about the cars or discussion the pros/cons of street racing. Take the personal stuff about who is staling whom to PM from this point forward or this thread will be closed.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-11-05 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-11-05 | 11:15 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Inabj2
So what would they do if I called mr Tozer and others a punk to his face? Ban me from a board I havent posted in over 2 years? And with proper suspension and tire setup tuning powerful supras Do not have to suck at the track, that is a steorotype that should of ended years ago.

Whenever you deal with street cars, you'll always get this kind of posts. They're all related. Doesn't make any sense to take it somewhere else as thread has not gone off topic. It's the cheap personal attacks that messes things up. Many of the cars the thread starter posted will go on to secret places to street race. It's the next step in a street hangout. Just sticking with these dark and hard to see pictures will make thread unexciting and not even worth posting.

I'd be interested to see what happens if you called mr Tozer and others a punk to his face. keep us posted.

The problem isn't the suspension, MKIV already comes with a great suspension, unlike the 300ZXTT with it's HICAS 4wheel steer that causes massive wheel hp. It's the big turbo that don't kick in til high RPMs. Launch it too high of an RPM and you got no traction, too low and you bog. The Supras that do make good runs are specially prep ones running slicks which is not practical or safe for street driving, that's also true of high HP FWD Civics and others. In order to achieve all those high dyno WHP which most of the owners like to do, a small responsive turbo isn't the first choice.
Old 07-11-05 | 12:24 PM
phillipin
Driver

Whenever you deal with street cars, you'll always get this kind of posts. They're all related. Doesn't make any sense to take it somewhere else as thread has not gone off topic. It's the cheap personal attacks that messes things up. Many of the cars the thread starter posted will go on to secret places to street race. It's the next step in a street hangout. Just sticking with these dark and hard to see pictures will make thread unexciting and not even worth posting.

I'd be interested to see what happens if you called mr Tozer and others a punk to his face. keep us posted.

The problem isn't the suspension, MKIV already comes with a great suspension, unlike the 300ZXTT with it's HICAS 4wheel steer that causes massive wheel hp. It's the big turbo that don't kick in til high RPMs. Launch it too high of an RPM and you got no traction, too low and you bog. The Supras that do make good runs are specially prep ones running slicks which is not practical or safe for street driving, that's also true of high HP FWD Civics and others. In order to achieve all those high dyno WHP which most of the owners like to do, a small responsive turbo isn't the first choice.

dude in the first paragraph i said it was like my second time taking pictures, i know they didnt come out good now your just being a ***** about it, well all i can say is at least i dont live in ***** fuggin MN and go on a luxury performance forum to talk about why street racing is cool and not deadly, f aghat

Quick Reply: socal street race scene, 56k stay away