Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Sick Nissan Fuga aka M45

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-05, 02:06 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks nice but i still prefer the g35 sedan over the m
Old 07-10-05, 03:52 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Is it just me or the camber on the rear wheel is off. It looks like the wheel is not on properly. I've seen a couple in person as well but IMO, it looks like any NIssan I find it quite surprising people get all gushy about the styling of this car.
The rear is especially bad - it reeks of Altima.

Now, don't get me wrong - I like the new M and I'd probably buy it if I could. The thing about it is - I don't like it enough to not drive it. I'd beat the M senseless. Same thing with the new Acura RL. I like those cars, but not enough that a dent on the fender would send me into a frenzy. I'd drive those cars and enjoy driving them. The interiors on both are nice as well. There's just no appeal beyond functionality, however.

Now, if I got a new Lexus GS or a Cadillac STS or a Mercedes E-class or Audi A6 or Saab 9-5 it'd be an entirely different story. Those cars would all stay in the garage except for special occasions like a cool, sunny day when nobody else was on the road and there were no bugs or road work.

M.
Old 07-10-05, 10:23 PM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually liked the original M45. Looked unique (some say ugly) had a powerful engine. That looked like some serious MIB *****, especially tinted out with nice rims. I think the new one looks too cookie-cutter Infiniti/Nissan like the others have been saying.
Old 07-11-05, 12:42 AM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

Isnt this thread meant to appreciate what someone did to their M45. If you have nothing nice to say, just dont say it. I think it looks really nice. I havent really seen any m45's with wheels yet. to the owner

Yes, it has similarities with nissan and other infiniti vehicles. SO WHAT! All car makes have cars that look like each other and share similar designing cues. Mainly, acura/honda vehicles and lexus/toyota vehicles and infiniti/nissan vehicles. You guys make it seem like a bad thing. Obviously this car sells, so no one cares if it shares similarities with nissan. Heck, most people dont know infiniti is made by nissan. Can there ever be a thread about the M35/45 where the same people arent continuously saying the same negative things that they think about it. Not that it bothers me much, but its getting old.

Last edited by Xenthar; 07-11-05 at 12:47 AM.
Old 07-11-05, 12:56 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The M45 is a cool car but the 2nd gen GS still wayy better
Old 07-11-05, 01:31 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Xenthar
Can there ever be a thread about the M35/45 where the same people arent continuously saying the same negative things that they think about it. Not that it bothers me much, but its getting old.

Sure there is...it's called www.freshalloy.com.

It gets pretty old when the same people complain about the same stuff in a forum that mainly caters to Lexus owners and enthusiasts alike.
Old 07-11-05, 02:10 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

I think the M45 is both classy and sporty, yet yields it's sophistication to cars with more prestige. It's like an upper blue collar sedan. Not comparible to the world's best, but not slacking greatly in any particular department.
Old 07-11-05, 12:37 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

just expressing my opinion but I really dislike the new GS design but am very impressed with the Infinity M. The M looks great on the road even with stock wheels but really dazzles in a pair of 3-piece chrome 20s.

i expected more from Lexus in the 3rd gen GS but have come away very disappointed.

great pic Doug

T
Old 07-11-05, 12:45 PM
trent
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I didn't like the tailights on the car (M35/M45)it just looks too big, thats why I went and got the 06GS300 to go with my IS300
Old 07-11-05, 02:12 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ted920
just expressing my opinion but I really dislike the new GS design but am very impressed with the Infinity M. The M looks great on the road even with stock wheels but really dazzles in a pair of 3-piece chrome 20s.

i expected more from Lexus in the 3rd gen GS but have come away very disappointed.

great pic Doug

T
totally agree Ted 1000000%
Old 07-11-05, 02:39 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
Sure there is...it's called www.freshalloy.com.

It gets pretty old when the same people complain about the same stuff in a forum that mainly caters to Lexus owners and enthusiasts alike.
The point is, yes this is a lexus biased forum. Okay whatever. Just because it is a lexus forum doesnt mean that you have to hate on every other car in competition with lexus. I have a friggen LS430....am i biased towards lexus? no. I love my LS, but i do not think lexus is superior to every brand. Unlike some people here, i appreciate other cars and what they have to offer. I dont have a one tracked mind biased towards just one brand

Last edited by Xenthar; 07-11-05 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-11-05, 02:40 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xknowonex
The M45 is a cool car but the 2nd gen GS still wayy better
I dont think the 2nd gen is better than the M45, but i do think it looks better than the 3rd gen GS.
Old 07-11-05, 03:45 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Xenthar
The point is, yes this is a lexus biased forum. Okay whatever. Just because it is a lexus forum doesnt mean that you have to hate on every other car in competition with lexus. I have a friggen LS430....am i biased towards lexus? no. I love my LS, but i do not think lexus is superior to every brand. Unlike some people here, i appreciate other cars and what they have to offer. I dont have a one tracked mind biased towards just one brand
Didn't you mention previously that was your parent's LS430? Not until lately you added the LS430 to your sig to taunt people with. You've been pro-Nissan with 90% of your posts since day 1 and I guarantee you every post that mentions the M45/35 in anyway you have posted on. Nothing wrong with that, but you continue to fight an uphill battle here. How many times of your 370 posts that you have to bring this up? It's obvious you favor Nissan/Inifniti and others favor Toyota/Lexus. Again you don't see any of us rooting for Toyota over in Fresh Alloy and etc. Respect peoples opinions and favorites. And live with the fact you will see Lexus bias here just like any other brand biased forum. Give it a rest.

Do you need to be reminded? Your 2nd post here on ClubLexus was locked up fast...and don't be surprised if this gets locked as well.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109047
Originally Posted by Xenthar 01-31-04, 10:53 PM
I was looking around your forums, and i noticed that your the only forum that talks the most crap about every other car company. I've been to bimmer forums, acura forums, infiniti forums, etc but there hasnt been this much crap talking about other car companies. My question is 'why?' Do you guys feel that you have to talk crap about other cars just to make you feel better about having your car? I'm not trying to **** you guys off or anything but i just wanted to ask why most of you are very biased toward other cars besides your lexus cars. Alot of members on this forum seem to be really high headed..even more than bmw folks.

If you have an answer to my question, then please post an answer. Once again, i'm not flaming here, i'm just asking a question
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...073#post959073
Originally Posted by Xenthar 07-14-04, 08:37 AM
No im not a troll. My parents have an ls430 so i would think that since it is a lex...then i can come on here.
Old 07-11-05, 03:53 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

Actually, the LS will be fully mine in a week or so when my mom takes delivery of her CLS500 But yes, for the past few months i have been driving it. And actually, i was more pro-acura in the beginning. Not infiniti.

Hmm..i was told that bringing up dead threads to add to the flame is against forum rules...

Last edited by Xenthar; 07-11-05 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-11-05, 04:10 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Do you need to be reminded that your ANTI-OTHER CAR BRANDS as well? I mean you are always bashing other brands that aren't LEXUS. ALWAYS. So I suggest look in the mirror at yourself instead of being biased as you usually are to Lexus.

And btw, its obvious you favor Lexus. Yes I know we are on a LExus forum, but some of us own both vehicles and AREN'T biased like yourself.

Originally Posted by flipside909
Didn't you mention previously that was your parent's LS430? Not until lately you added the LS430 to your sig to taunt people with. You've been pro-Nissan with 90% of your posts since day 1 and I guarantee you every post that mentions the M45/35 in anyway you have posted on. Nothing wrong with that, but you continue to fight an uphill battle here. How many times of your 370 posts that you have to bring this up? It's obvious you favor Nissan/Inifniti and others favor Toyota/Lexus. Again you don't see any of us rooting for Toyota over in Fresh Alloy and etc. Respect peoples opinions and favorites. And live with the fact you will see Lexus bias here just like any other brand biased forum. Give it a rest.

Do you need to be reminded? Your 2nd post here on ClubLexus was locked up fast...and don't be surprised if this gets locked as well.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109047

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...073#post959073

Quick Reply: Sick Nissan Fuga aka M45