Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Sick Nissan Fuga aka M45

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-05 | 04:13 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

no need to add on to it. Just leave it alone and lets get back to topic. BTW, i think i saw that pic of that m45 in infinitim.com.
Old 07-11-05 | 04:15 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

If that is the same car, then those are enkei's. They dont look like it from that angle though
Old 07-11-05 | 04:20 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Doug it is a Sick M...thanks for sharing
Old 07-11-05 | 04:44 PM
Neo
The One

Alright guys, take it to PM if need be. Talking about the M seems like a highly charged topic but let's not let it become a discussion on personal tastes. Feel free to discuss the M that Doug posted. If you like it, give it a . If not, post that too. Just keep the topic of the discussion on the M.

Personally, I like the M. On paper, I like it more than the current 3GS. I've seen both in person, sat in both, seen both on the road and have always been drawn to the M more. This is purely on visuals. Again, this is just a personal opinion and I don't have a problem with others disagreeing with me.

I have not driven either car and obviously have had to live with neither so I have no comment on the short and long term feel of owning them. My 2GS has been great and I have learned to live with the minor issues of the car. If I end up owning the other two, I can then comment on them more.
Old 07-11-05 | 04:56 PM
LT. LEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by whipimpin
The rear is especially bad - it reeks of Altima.

Now, don't get me wrong - I like the new M and I'd probably buy it if I could. The thing about it is - I don't like it enough to not drive it. I'd beat the M senseless. Same thing with the new Acura RL. I like those cars, but not enough that a dent on the fender would send me into a frenzy. I'd drive those cars and enjoy driving them. The interiors on both are nice as well. There's just no appeal beyond functionality, however.

Now, if I got a new Lexus GS or a Cadillac STS or a Mercedes E-class or Audi A6 or Saab 9-5 it'd be an entirely different story. Those cars would all stay in the garage except for special occasions like a cool, sunny day when nobody else was on the road and there were no bugs or road work.

M.

That's crazy talk. I say get a car and drive the hell out of it. And when it can't be driven anymore, get another one.

I love the new M. I think what I like most about the car is the technology and guts it has. To be honest, so many of the cars look similar these days, so ultimately it's up to personal taste. The only thing I would say I don't like about the new M, as I was driving behind one today, is that it seems to be a bit narrow, or maybe it's too tall. Other than that I think the car is pretty much perfect for a sports sedan.
Old 07-11-05 | 08:30 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

I dont think the M is bad. Honestly, I can't see how someone could like the 3rd gen GS and not like the M. they both have a similar style to them. Obviously, Lexus quality is superior, but you can't knock the 345hp of the M either. Now when the GS460 comes out, see ya M
Old 07-11-05 | 09:58 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

i love new M35/45 and i really think they look much sportier than the new GS but i havent driven neither of those, so i wouldnt know which one is actually better. But the only werid thing is i havent seen a single M on the road. i drove probably around 1K miles last month and i've seen none. And I probably saw around 3 or 4 3GS on the road and tons of tons of new RLs. I have to give props infiniti for M35/45.

I dont know if that picture is sick or not since i cant really see anything except that it has a HUGE wheels on it. But i like M in general. Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-12-05 | 11:22 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

I can't see how anyone feels the new M is all that. M vs. 3rd gen GS style...I pick the Lexus inside and out. I love my 2nd gen GS looks and the 3rd gen is growing on me.

M45
Old 07-12-05 | 03:55 PM
BkLexZ
Pole Position

I like th m45 a lot and if i had to choose between the m and the 3rd gen gs it would be real hard.
Old 07-13-05 | 05:34 PM
beauphus
Pole Position

i love the new M and every time i see it i try to find something i really dont like about it and it is hard. i DO NOT care gor the G35 too much. I personally think the M reminds me of my 2nd Gen GS but a little updated. i havent had the pleasure of driving or even seeing the interior of the M which to me is extremely important. i have found with most nissan cars i have been in and owned that i personally dont care too much for their interior styling but maybe the M is different.

all this being said i think the 2nd Gen GS is one of the best cars to own of other cars in its class. you couldnt convince me that MB or BMW are superior overall even though they each have areas where they certainly take the cake.

and if anybody is buying a car for name alone or trash talking other cars more than anybody i would figure that to be typical of a BMW owner - not lexus (not to offend anybody) and to my surprise at CL i find slander to be very minimal with very little "trashing" of other cars. in fact i find most people here are quick to point out areas that even Lexus should improve. nothing wrong with constructive criticism.
Old 07-14-05 | 11:57 AM
GS3Tek

The M's are very nice
However, they don't have the sweet tone like the Gcoupe, FX , and Z. Yes it's a sport sedan, so maybe on a more sedated side
Around here, I have seen at least 3 or 4 just like the RL
Old 10-10-05 | 02:22 PM
ShenLong
Driver School Candidate

M45 are sick cars, better pics:

Interior is nice too:

Old 10-10-05 | 02:52 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

this looks pretty good. if it had better looking wheels it'd be nicer.
Old 10-10-05 | 04:55 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

[/QUOTE]

That side profile is beautiful. Very elegant and aggressive. I don't think I would change a thing on that car. Is that an aftermarket side skirt kit or is that a Infiniti option? The only thing I don't like about the interior is the wood color. I do not like their color or the finish which looks more like a 80's TV stand. I would like to see a lighter tan colored wood like in the Audi A8 and a redder cherry finish with a glossier polished look. Awsome car. Just wish the M were a little wider and the roof a little lower like in the production concept that had the white leather accents which helped it not look so much like a Nissan.
Old 10-10-05 | 05:23 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Why did we dig up this 3 month old thread..? We need to put "56k nono" in the thread title at this point.

Quick Reply: Sick Nissan Fuga aka M45