Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hey guys let's talk some Nascar!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-05, 11:39 AM
LexFather

I don't know much about the sport except they clog the traffic down here all weekend when there is a race.

And Jeff Gordan must be God b/c I don't even KNOW the sport and I see his name always winnining year after year after year.

Can someone explain why they haven't made him CARRY the brand? The guy seems to be that damn good..

Old 07-12-05, 11:49 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
How on Earth can you say that Stewart is a good driver? He wins races....literally......by pushing people out of his way, forcing them to spin into walls, every dirty trick in the book. ANY driver could win races if they did what he did. The guy is an absolute disgrace to racing....and should have been kicked out long ago. Even mild, well-behaved Jeff Gordon, who almost never gets mad, has had enough....he is ready to kick Stewart's a - - if nobody else does.
stewart is no dirtier than harvick, johnson, and a whole slew of people that i could rattle off. what makes it seem that way is b/c he doesnt do the "awww shucks, i didnt mean it" thing like say a jeff gordon would do. and how can i say he's a good driver...........well he's won in every type of car imaginable. triple crown in USAC, IRL champ, nascar champ, damn near won the 24 of daytona this year (suspension broke while leading by 3 laps in a vette). i know you may not like the guy, but dont be foolish. he may not be very warm and fuzzy but the guy holds a pretty wheel. and dont think for a second that gordon wants a piece of stewart. be real. gordon needs to worry about his lack of performance this year or he'll be on the outside looking in......

Doc
Old 07-12-05, 11:57 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I don't know much about the sport except they clog the traffic down here all weekend when there is a race.

And Jeff Gordan must be God b/c I don't even KNOW the sport and I see his name always winnining year after year after year.

Can someone explain why they haven't made him CARRY the brand? The guy seems to be that damn good..
he pretty much does carry it. him and junior and to a lesser extent a few others. gordon is a polarizing figure in nascar. like most of the best drivers are. hardcore, old school fans hate him b/c he's polished, speaks well, dates models, drives expensive foreign cars and is a pretty boy. the new legion (and women) like him b/c he's someone that they can relate to. he can race his *** off and then fit in well at a board meeting. i personally cant stand him for none of the reasons above. i think he's a good driver thats benefitted from the pockets of a billionaire owner and his resources. but the combination is that damn good.

i will say this though about nascar........i have been to several BIG TIME sporting events. The best super bowl ever (when carolina played the pats), 2 world series games in yankee stadium (when the mets got spanked in 2000), final four a couple of years ago in san antonio, acc basketball tourneys, etc. nothing, and i mean NOTHING compares to a nascar race. the energy there is incredible. my ex-girl, her brother, his fiancee and i went to the race in talladega in april and they were amazed. you truly have to get there. sick you need to roll out to hampton in november and check it out. you wont be disappointed.......

Doc
Old 07-12-05, 12:22 PM
ktiger
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Because Dale Earnhart Jr. is the brand. While Jeff may be the best driver (which open for debate), Jr. is the most popular. His father, Dale Earnhart Sr. was the brand before he died in a wreck a couple of years ago.
Old 07-12-05, 01:55 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I've really gotten into Nascar in the past year. There are a lot of young new drivers and the sport is only getting bigger. I think we're in for some great racing over the next decade or so.

Truex Jr. is one of my favorite up and comers.

Check out Nascar!
http://www.nascar.com/