Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Latest Toyota 4000gt spread GORGEOUS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-05, 10:43 AM
saleem
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest Toyota 4000gt spread GORGEOUS!

OH MY GOD ... that red picture looks so damn sexy .. please toyota stop blue balling us and bring this car out ... that is sexy as hell .. 4.6 liter v8 sounds about right because the new LS is supposed to be sporting that engine .. please toyota ill buy one in a heartbeat .. now there is also another conflicting report of a yellow pictured supra replacement floating around ill post that for you guys aswell .. I hope toyota makes this .. it looks ****ing sick

Old 07-13-05, 11:03 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are just too many rumors/imaginary renderings of the next Supra for too many years it isn't even funny anymore. As you see from the third pic on the left, the rumors date back to 1996. 10 years almost!!

BTW, the last pic says "Production possibility: 50%".
Old 07-13-05, 11:18 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 224 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
There are just too many rumors/imaginary renderings of the next Supra for too many years it isn't even funny anymore. As you see from the third pic on the left, the rumors date back to 1996. 10 years almost!!

BTW, the last pic says "Production possibility: 50%".
I agree, but at least the yellow one looks OK from the front . . .
Old 07-13-05, 11:24 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

I sure hope this car doesn't make it to production. It's FUGLY.
Old 07-13-05, 11:33 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 324 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by vegassc400
I sure hope this car doesn't make it to production. It's FUGLY.
I agree.

I don't think the styling on the Supra can get any better than the last production year.
Old 07-13-05, 11:40 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

This just in: (R&T Jul/Aug 2005 Issue thanks to k3vo @ my.is)
The rendering is in line with the yellow car above.
Attached Thumbnails Latest Toyota 4000gt spread GORGEOUS!-newsupra.jpg  
Old 07-13-05, 12:07 PM
saleem
Pole Position

This just in: (R&T Jul/Aug 2005 Issue thanks to k3vo @ my.is)
The rendering is in line with the yellow car above.
that is a complete false article ... the NSX REPLACEMENT is in the works .. honda just made an official statement just two days ago ... the current NSX is going bye bye .. 1sicklex reported that here a couple days back .. honda sh-awd .. noway .. I call a super bull**** on that one ... Toyota has enough money to out right develop there own and they have ... just cant wait for the Tokyo autoshow .. the CGI in the above post and the very top one that I posted I think the final product will be a mixture of both .. and we will see it at this years tokyo autoshow ..
Old 07-13-05, 12:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

seriously i dont' think i will pay much attention to the pics right now. yes i think it's ugly, but i think a lot of the pics are still concept pics, the real car will probably look a lot different.

i think it's just a good fact already that toyota will have something out again in the supra league, that's good enough to know. and i agree that there is no reason for toyota to get anything from honda. they have the ability to build their own if they want.
Old 07-13-05, 01:47 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

is it just me or do some of these (last couple) look alot like the front of a Hyundai Tiburon??

-Annant
Old 07-13-05, 01:47 PM
saleem
Pole Position

Is there a way I could be cryogenically frozen till october .. I CANNOT wait anymore for the Tokyo Autoshow .. all the funky concepts are always shown there .. super hightech stuff .. last one kind of sucked though .. only thing cool was the honda HSC concept .. nothing else was sporty .. Toyota showed a few mailbox looking cars with funky lights .. hopefully it wont be like that this year .. but yeah if anyone has a time travel machine or a way to put me in cryo sleep till october .. it will be most welcome
Old 07-13-05, 01:55 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 127 Likes on 68 Posts

I'm inclined to think that the introduction of the next Supra will coincide with the IS250/350 coupe next year. This would make the most financial sense utilizing an existing chassis power/drivetrain. I would reckon the base variant as a 350Z fighter (300hp 3.5L V6) and potentially a v8 (07 LS460) version. Although the intro of the GTR as a Infintii here in the US may throw the Lexus IS600h - coupe as more of a possibility to distance the models.
Old 07-13-05, 02:24 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
i think it's just a good fact already that toyota will have something out again in the supra league, that's good enough to know. and i agree that there is no reason for toyota to get anything from honda. they have the ability to build their own if they want.
Yeah, when was the last time Toyota bought any technology from other auto makers? Toyota may copy others' technologies and develop their own (and often improved) versions, or they may co-develop technologies with others, but I don't remember Toyota buying any finished product from others.
Old 07-13-05, 02:27 PM
saleem
Pole Position

Yeah, when was the last time Toyota bought any technology from other auto makers? Toyota may copy others' technologies and develop their own (and often improved) versions, or they may co-develop technologies with others, but I don't remember Toyota buying any finished product from others.
By the way Toyota is the only company next to ferrari in F1 developing there entire car in house .. the engine the chassis .. everything from scratch .. that says a lot about toyota .. I know in my heart they have something up there sleeve and they wont let me down ..
Old 07-13-05, 03:11 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

I really think this picture looks real good! Like i said before, i am sure toyota has something but i will hold my joy until i see the real production car. the rumors about supra has been around.
may be i should wait for the supra instead of getting a IS.

Old 07-13-05, 03:15 PM
saleem
Pole Position

maybe we should all get together and wash our "supra not around no more " blues away by doing a group effort and writing a song about it and then we could make a video and submit it to Toyota along with these scans .. lol

Quick Reply: Latest Toyota 4000gt spread GORGEOUS!