Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

"Phaeton = Annoyington"- Autoextremist.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-05, 06:36 PM
sicknickel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to enjoy it for the next 4 years
Originally Posted by foofighter
I'll give VAG credit for trying to step up their game. But part of the reason why i left the VAG family to get into an 06 GS300 is due primarily to the fact that they dont have anything coming out that truly moves me. the passat looks nice but it just doesn have the "VW" feel to it to make me want one. I find it ironic that when i first looked at the GS it struck me as a nice looking car. Whereas before, i would not take a second look at it. Now that's how i feel some of the german cars are to me...boring.

Add to this, VAG's inability to figure out their quality control issues. I dont care how much "vorsprung durch tecknik" you have, if the dam car has CEL's and other issues like peeling window switches, how do they expect to compete in this market place? Add to that their dismal customer service and dealer network, i'm surprised more customers arent leaving them for other name brands. How would you feel if you spent 50K+ for an A6 take it in for service or warranty work and they give you a loaner car that's from budget and it's a friggin chevy cavalier...i dont know bout you but i'd be friggin pissed.

Anyway, these are a few of my frustrations with VAG right now. Maybe i'll come back to them, maybe i wont, I'm currently enjoying my GS very much right now.
Old 07-14-05, 06:39 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is the deal i made w/ the Mrs. (note: i have automotive A.D.D.) so far so good, it's almost been a week and there's a lot of things that are truly enjoyable about this car...
Old 07-14-05, 06:49 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

I was actually able to drive and sit in the Phaeton last summer during a dealership gathering we had. It really is a great car, and I must give VW credit where credit is due. The interior simply outstanding which contained some nice Lexus touches and the usual Audi touches as well. Great design and the entire car is built with some very fine materials. to VW for their effort. The exterior while not polarizing is still a fine classy design. However, would I get it over an Audi A8?? NAH.

Also in Phaeton news, I jsut read that the car is just starting to pick up in Europe. Sales have increased so much that they had to ramp up production. We will see if it starts to pick up here as well. I will try and find the story and post later.