Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What do y'all think of this CLS (more pics pg 3)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-05, 12:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by foofighter
oh i havent showed u pics of our local shopping malls. YOu'd think you stumbled across some SUV meets...and there are some areas of socal that have their fair share of overly raised fat tired trucks that amount to zero functionality once they're that high off the ground.

Yes Mercs are like corolla's here. M3's aren't that special high performance cars you see once in a while...they're everywhere here. As are anything Mercedes w/ a "55" designation.
yeah that's typical socal, so much money floating around. seriously m3 is like nothing there, eevn amg is maybe a bit rare but it's nothing like spectacular to look at. i was in LA this past weekend and i lost track on how many amg i saw. sl55 alone i saw 4 already.

let me guess, you are in the newport beach area?
Old 07-18-05, 01:00 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ding ding ding you are correct!

i'm right near Fletcher Jones (socal's number one mover of MB) so i see a lot. Hell i even see those dam Maybach's driven by the owner...which i think is rediculous, since if you're buying that car you shouldnt be the one driving it.
Old 07-18-05, 01:04 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I think Maybach 57 is for those who want to drive it themselves & the Maybach 62 is for the chauffeur driven owners.
Old 07-18-05, 01:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ding ding ding you are correct!

i'm right near Fletcher Jones (socal's number one mover of MB) so i see a lot. Hell i even see those dam Maybach's driven by the owner...which i think is rediculous, since if you're buying that car you shouldnt be the one driving it.
yeah it;'s very funny. to a lot of people (even in the world), they talk about cali and say that oh, BH is the place to go, that's where the money is at, rodeo drive, and you see all the ***** there

but seriously man, from what i see, if you want to see the most money in cali right now, i think the newport beach is where it is. people there are so crazy, nba stars live there, it's just insane
Old 07-18-05, 01:30 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

agreed, it's where all the old money and new money reside. There are custom housing tracks that cost you 3 mill just for the land and then ontop of that you have to build a house...not just any house mind you it has to actually be approved by the HOA!!!

Yes The OC definitely lives up to the hype on TV...anything south of Newport (referred to as South County) is filled w/ the affluent
Old 07-18-05, 01:46 PM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes henry, so many sl55 here... i can't figuer out why MB would be chosen over porsche? Anybody got some ideas on this? Is there some kind of special incentive programs on the AMG models?
Old 07-18-05, 01:57 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

it's because it's an MB period. Nothing more needs to be said..."i have an SL55" frankly porsche twin turbo's are nothing here...i see a lot of those. The rare ones are the GT2 and 3's. occassionally i'll see the CGT scream by along w/ the enzo. Lambo's arent too uncommon either. People are buy the top of the line, doesnt matter what it can do, they just want the best that their money can buy. I see old ladies driving E55's and you know that car will never see the light past 80mph.
Old 07-19-05, 01:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

it's because it's an MB period. Nothing more needs to be said..."i have an SL55" frankly porsche twin turbo's are nothing here...i see a lot of those. The rare ones are the GT2 and 3's. occassionally i'll see the CGT scream by along w/ the enzo. Lambo's arent too uncommon either. People are buy the top of the line, doesnt matter what it can do, they just want the best that their money can buy. I see old ladies driving E55's and you know that car will never see the light past 80mph.
very true, it's about the image i guess

so foo, you live and work in newport beach?

and yeah, oc.... what a damn nice area
Old 07-19-05, 02:58 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

I'm more interested in the Yacht dealers lining up both sides of Pacific coast HWY than even the Ferrari dealer. Last time I was at that dealership, there was no customer, not even a dam tourist. That particular day, they even had a Mclaren F1, a rare GTO, a few F40, and tons and tons of F355. It's almost as if I was at a Mitsubishi dealership.

Just curious Foo fighter, would you happen to know how much one of them funny looking boxy little houses that lined the whole harbor cost? Not the big fancy ones built into the cliff heading towards Laguna, but the little square ones that are painted pink, yellow, powder blu and other funky gay colors.
Old 07-19-05, 05:31 PM
LexFather

I really need to get paid for this.......

http://www.vitt.jp/

Old 07-19-05, 06:10 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Celicamaro
I'm more interested in the Yacht dealers lining up both sides of Pacific coast HWY than even the Ferrari dealer. Last time I was at that dealership, there was no customer, not even a dam tourist. That particular day, they even had a Mclaren F1, a rare GTO, a few F40, and tons and tons of F355. It's almost as if I was at a Mitsubishi dealership.

Just curious Foo fighter, would you happen to know how much one of them funny looking boxy little houses that lined the whole harbor cost? Not the big fancy ones built into the cliff heading towards Laguna, but the little square ones that are painted pink, yellow, powder blu and other funky gay colors.
those houses are well over 1 mil...the crazier thing are the people that buy up a couple of these homes demo them and then build ontop of that!
Old 07-19-05, 07:07 PM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

in general? you should come sit in my office and look out the window. In a given 1/2hr segment i'll see about 2 of them drive by. I'm in the heart of Mercedes Benz country...next to the biggest dealer there is in orange county Fletcher Jones...i see a lot of craziness driving around this intersection of the OC. This CLS is the current trendy car to have for the Orange County trust fund babies.

here's an example of the craziness...see something shiny and silver?

and this is from today...
HOLY CRAP!!!! Did you see that IS in the first pic and that Dually. Hot hot hot
Old 07-19-05, 10:54 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

hahah....its funny you say that OC is BENZ country..............today me and my buddy were standing in the parking lot at our office and we noticed that one freakin car after the other that came to park was a BENZ....SL, CL, S, E and thier AMG counterparts......not including the ones parked already in the parking lot. People have tooooo much money over here.
Old 07-19-05, 11:09 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

i think that is an F430...i saw a red F430 in Costa Mesa next to the best Persian restaurant in Los Angeles, Darya.

It is probably the same driver.
Old 07-19-05, 11:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!
i think that is an F430...i saw a red F430 in Costa Mesa next to the best Persian restaurant in Los Angeles, Darya.

It is probably the same driver.
yeah i would think it's a f430 too. seriously, if it's f360, i think it would be pretty common in newport beach area and not worth taking a pic of

Quick Reply: What do y'all think of this CLS (more pics pg 3)