Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What do y'all think of this CLS (more pics pg 3)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-05, 06:47 AM
Milla...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes Beverly H. (Melrose / Rodeo Dr.) and Hollywood are the touristy spots that the media puts out there. Its where movie stars and producers take their afternoon breaks. Alot of old stubbern wealth resides there I wouldn't say so much new wealth, ironicaly you can tell by the cars driven, I've notice in the Beverly Hills area you'll see a lot more Bentleys and Rolls R. Jags, Audi 8's, S classes LS's you know all the big body cars, then its the sport stuff. In the OC area its the sports stuff then the big body stuff. In socal its all about status, status status oh and did I mention Status.
Old 07-20-05, 01:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Milla...
Yes Beverly H. (Melrose / Rodeo Dr.) and Hollywood are the touristy spots that the media puts out there. Its where movie stars and producers take their afternoon breaks. Alot of old stubbern wealth resides there I wouldn't say so much new wealth, ironicaly you can tell by the cars driven, I've notice in the Beverly Hills area you'll see a lot more Bentleys and Rolls R. Jags, Audi 8's, S classes LS's you know all the big body cars, then its the sport stuff. In the OC area its the sports stuff then the big body stuff. In socal its all about status, status status oh and did I mention Status.
yeah you are right on man. in b hill you really see those big cars running around, you see ferrari and what not sometimes, but not "common" however in oc, that's a whole new story. you really see a lot of new money, and most of all, YOUNG money i put it. exotic is really the word you use. one time at a traffic light i saw 5 s classes together, and at least 2 of them are s600. and at s shopping mall i saw 360 and turbo left and right
Old 07-20-05, 02:17 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

go to what i affectionately call "fascist island" "fashion island" the land of the neuvo riche and old money as well.

the neuvo riche is crazy flaunters...trust fund babies that are heavy in to the club scene and have gf's that look like strippers...i was at an open house for a tuning company a few months back and you see people pull up in TT porsches and the guy came out w/ tattoos and a bling bling belt buckle that said "OC" LOL it was nuts.

as for what i see out my window today: CL65, Bentley Continental GT, your run of the mill CLS and CLS55
Old 07-20-05, 02:28 PM
Milla...

Originally Posted by foofighter
people pull up in TT porsches and the guy came out w/ tattoos and a bling bling belt buckle that said "OC" LOL it was nuts.
That right there just sickens me.