Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What do y'all think of this CLS (more pics pg 3)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-05, 11:47 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do y'all think of this CLS (more pics pg 3)

Only thing missing is the V-TEC emblem , other than that, I think this is the best looking CLS(from the rear anyway) I've seen so far. The picture is small so it's hard to see if there's any flaws in the execution of the wider fenders.
Attached Thumbnails What do y'all think of this CLS (more pics pg 3)-cls.jpg  
Old 07-15-05, 11:49 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This wide fenders look impressive!!
Old 07-15-05, 11:52 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Celicamaro
Only thing missing is the V-TEC emblem , other than that, I think this is the best looking CLS(from the rear anyway) I've seen so far. The picture is small so it's hard to see if there's any flaws in the execution of the wider fenders.

I dont know why you like the VTEC emblem so much. Honestly, I think it needs a HEMI emblem.

by the way, Honda has i-VTEC now.
Old 07-15-05, 12:49 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DC52E55
I dont know why you like the VTEC emblem so much. Honestly, I think it needs a HEMI emblem.

by the way, Honda has i-VTEC now.
i-VTEC sounds feminine and that little "i"in front just doesn't look right. Makes Honda look unsure of itself. HEMI sounds like frankenstein and should not have been resurrected. It's looks crude and devalues any modern car with that emblem. It is however awesome on old american muscle cars or on todays crude trucks. VTEC on the other hand is slick, sofisticate, powerful, yet simple, it's synonamous with aweseome never ending highend power. Looks great on just about any modern vehicle. The cooler ones vehicle look, the better it'll look with V-TEC. It completes the design. Ferrari's boss would be proud to have one on his enzo. VTEC will also not look out of place on the side of an F-15 as it is the automotive equivalent to an afterburner but with better fuel economy.
Old 07-15-05, 12:56 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 357 Likes on 246 Posts

I think this CLS will break down on the freeway just like all the others

Wide body LOOKS good tho!
Old 07-15-05, 01:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow, i am very surprised how fast stuff got on for this car and how nice they are
Old 07-15-05, 02:05 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I actually think it looks pretty good. I am a big fan of widebodies, just not the huge widebodies. This looks like its right on the line of being too wide. More pics from different angles or
Old 07-15-05, 02:28 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

i like my styling simple...

I just love that crease that starts from the front fender and goes down the shoulder, very strong features. From a design standpoint it's been executed perfectly. Reliability wise well i cant speak on that

Old 07-15-05, 02:32 PM
LexFather

Yeah, that wing has to go on that CLS, I don't like it. Its such a clean design and its going to be hard to add things to it without upsetting the balance.

Old 07-15-05, 02:49 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

The wing does have to go, but otherwise it looks good. I cant wait til my mom gets hers.
Old 07-15-05, 03:27 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

They do look amazing. The styling of them just emanates high-class, like something you'd see on a runway in Milan. I will agree with foofighter that the stock look of a CLS is the best. That AMG (while maybe too low for how stock it is) is the best looking CLS I've seen...and I've seen a few. To be honest, I'm not a fan of that black (Brabus?) CLS. We would have one right now if rear seat room weren't an issue (see thread on this same page. )

James
Old 07-15-05, 03:32 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jet864
They do look amazing. The styling of them just emanates high-class, like something you'd see on a runway in Milan. I will agree with foofighter that the stock look of a CLS is the best. That AMG (while maybe too low for how stock it is) is the best looking CLS I've seen...and I've seen a few. To be honest, I'm not a fan of that black (Brabus?) CLS. We would have one right now if rear seat room weren't an issue (see thread on this same page. )

James
when they designed this CLS, they had coupe in mind and they werent kidding...tall people such as yourself would have a heck of a time getting comfortable in the back seat of these things.
Old 07-15-05, 03:46 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by foofighter
when they designed this CLS, they had coupe in mind and they werent kidding...tall people such as yourself would have a heck of a time getting comfortable in the back seat of these things.
Yeah man, I tried. Sat back there and just started laughung because it wasn't even close. But hey, Porsches don't have squat for rear room either, I'm not trying to take anything away from this beautiful, fast car.

James
Old 07-15-05, 04:57 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I love the side shot of the silver AMG CLS. It looks so sleek and classy.
Old 07-15-05, 05:29 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

btw...are there anymore pics of the that widebody cls?

Quick Reply: What do y'all think of this CLS (more pics pg 3)