Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

VW drivers and their huge egos eh

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-05, 11:49 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Incendiary
Then I saw a nice Crown Vic, totally hooked up (i.e. with the blue and red lights), sitting on the side of the road. That put an end to those ideas...
Ha!
"Yo I saw the most hooked up Crown Vic on the highway! It had crazy lights! After I tried to race it the driver gave me a ticket....."
Old 07-26-05, 09:12 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hah, I am still an old dubber at heart. Nothing quite gives u the driving satisfaction like a VW does, well, until the dashboard falls apart on you at least....
Old 07-27-05, 03:02 AM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you are seeing a lot of the VW's starting to come down in price (the used Jettas and Passats) and kids are getting those instead of Hondas. VW's are girl cars anyways...Jettas at least.
Old 07-27-05, 09:01 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I peep Jettas and Beetles regularly- 85% of the time there is a chick behind the wheel...
and 35% of the time a HOT chick is behind the wheel

Yeah, Mustang drivers are pretty pad- as are Ford Ranger drivers.
Old 07-27-05, 11:34 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Back in the day a buddy had a new Hemi RoadRunner - with a few options: 36-gal fuel tank, 3.32 custom rear end (making the Memphis-Fort Meyers trip faster than L. Skywalker made the Kessel run). A little touchy to launch, It was a blindingly fast cruiser at 100+. Of course there were NO creature comforts . . . unless you count a really cheesy AM radio you could hardly hear over the bellowing engine. Unfortunately it had these little "Hemi" logos in its (fake) hood scoops that caused no end of stoplight challenges. When his little brother bought a 383-engined RoadRunner a few months later, my friend exchanged badges with him. Problem solved.
Old 07-27-05, 12:21 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

This jogs my memory...last week I was waiting outside a hotel in a rental Lincoln LS for some visiting friends. A paper plated IS pulls up and parks across the Valet zone and the loading zone blocking me between his car and the Super Shuttle. The young driver gets out, flips his 70's hippie hair and gives me the smug look. To rub it in, he and his passengers come out, stop right in front of my car and take their time to light up cigarettes...all while looking at me like they are royalty.

It gave me a kick as I have not seen that attitude from Lexus drivers...at least not to that level. Alas...they are very young maybe just out of HS.