Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

VW drivers and their huge egos eh

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-05, 10:32 PM
neoprelude
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VW drivers and their huge egos eh

Almost everytime a jetta is behind me, their riding my ***, blipping thre throttle anything to do to egg you on. Once once behind me already doing 15 over the speed limit but my dad was in the car, then he passed me on a non passing road. I knew I could own pretty much any stock jetta but why waste your time. Some other kid from my school with a total stock passat vr6 (older gen) was telling me it was a turbo vr6, and my engine isn't shared with the toyota supra and it was my parents car...
Old 07-23-05, 10:48 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

People are going to be stupid (especially about the engine comment) but just do your thing. High school's stupid anyways, I assume it'll be over soon enough.

James
Old 07-24-05, 09:40 AM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel you. I know some friends with Jetta's that think if they have racing rims, it must mean they must now driving Turbo VR6's. One of my friends know that my GSwould eat him alive, so he tries to get me to race him in my Camry . And he's in his 30's, not a school student or something

I've had Golf's & Jetta's try to go at me ever since. Sometimes I play, other times I let them and go pull the Ricer fly by still But if it makes them feel better, more power to them because I know they're not in my league.

Just brush that dirt of ya shoulder.
Old 07-24-05, 12:53 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jet864
People are going to be stupid (especially about the engine comment) but just do your thing. High school's stupid anyways, I assume it'll be over soon enough.

James

Highschool children are often extremely ignorant about cars and vehicles in general. Although there are some exceptions to that rule.

their kids theyre not that much better then the 12 yr old that sees some riced out car and says something tothe I WONDER IF IT HAS NAWWWWWASWSSWWSSS!!!!
Old 07-24-05, 03:05 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Inabj2
Highschool children are often extremely ignorant about cars and vehicles in general. Although there are some exceptions to that rule.
The exceptions to that rule ( like me ) generally live to tell about it. Jet, fortunately, was another exception to that rule.
Old 07-24-05, 03:23 PM
LexFather

In all honesty I rarely notice the VW driver and I can't remember any aggresive ones. IMO, VW drivers (my experience) are A-okay

Old 07-24-05, 03:41 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
In all honesty I rarely notice the VW driver and I can't remember any aggresive ones. IMO, VW drivers (my experience) are A-okay
You're right...VW drivers in general are not too arrogant. Though I generally don't believe in automotive stereotypes, a lot of VW's have rather sedate female drivers too.

In general, BMW jocks used to be the most arrogant. Today, as a group, without question, it is the Mustang V8 guys who are the craziest and most arrogant. No other group even comes close. I have seen these Mustang idiots.....many times.....do things with their cars that would make your toes curl. Not every Mustang driver is crazy, but as a group, they are involved in and cause more serious accidents than any other group I've seen.
Old 07-24-05, 03:55 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
You're right...VW drivers in general are not too arrogant. Though I generally don't believe in automotive stereotypes, a lot of VW's have rather sedate female drivers too.

In general, BMW jocks used to be the most arrogant. Today, as a group, without question, it is the Mustang V8 guys who are the craziest and most arrogant. No other group even comes close. I have seen these Mustang idiots.....many times.....do things with their cars that would make your toes curl. Not every Mustang driver is crazy, but as a group, they are involved in and cause more serious accidents than any other group I've seen.
I've seen a few aggresive BMW drivers but IMO, not more than some other less capable handling brands. In all honesty, they don't bother me too much, the cars are capable, I just hope the drivers are As for Mustangs, well that is expected, its a car that attracts that mind-set. Again though, in all honesty, nothing out of control.

The worst, absolute worst, are Honda drivers. Some of them are out of control. And some of these new NIssan owners, VQ power, , even without the 3.5, out of control.

Its the )(#$)_ marketing for some of these cars. People see an Altima do a 180 on the T.V, which is rehearsed and driven by a professional and they try drive a damn sports sedan.

IMO, I notice the sportier a car/SUV is marketed, no matter how un-sporty, the driver, drives like a madman/woman.

Old 07-24-05, 04:15 PM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree! All the VW drivers I've seen around here drives normal. I blame the drivers!! It's always the drivers that makes the cars or namebrands look bad. Where I live, it's mostly trucks that pull off stupid stunts.

~Josh
Old 07-24-05, 04:26 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Some of them are out of control. And some of these new NIssan owners, VQ power, , even without the 3.5, out of control.

Its the )(#$)_ marketing for some of these cars. People see an Altima do a 180 on the T.V, which is rehearsed and driven by a professional and they try drive a damn sports sedan.

IMO, I notice the sportier a car/SUV is marketed, no matter how un-sporty, the driver, drives like a madman/woman.

Yep. I was just about to add Nissan drivers. This past month I've noticed many Nissans flying by me and doing some crazy stuff. I personally can barely drive down the road without another Maxima trying to race me.(and these are VQ35's I have a VQ30. Why even try to race me?? Your going to win assohle.) With gas prices as crazy as they are now, why are you trying to race me??
I'm doin 85 in the middle lane a few weekends ago at 2am and I have a brand new Maxima doin 120 flying by me repeatedly trying to get me to follow pursuit.

As far as the VW owners, yeah there are a few out there that always want to do some crazy stuff, but that goes with every brand. My friend has a hooked up Jetta and all he does is go around lookin to race people.

Honda/ Acura. Dont get me started on them.

However I am glad that those with STI's and EVO's dont go around racing everyone they se with a hooked up car. At least most of them know that they can easily beat a majority of cars out there.
Old 07-24-05, 04:35 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by magneto112
Yep. I was just about to add Nissan drivers. This past month I've noticed many Nissans flying by me and doing some crazy stuff. I personally can barely drive down the road without another Maxima trying to race me.(and these are VQ35's I have a VQ30. Why even try to race me?? Your going to win assohle.) With gas prices as crazy as they are now, why are you trying to race me??
I'm doin 85 in the middle lane a few weekends ago at 2am and I have a brand new Maxima doin 120 flying by me repeatedly trying to get me to follow pursuit.

As far as the VW owners, yeah there are a few out there that always want to do some crazy stuff, but that goes with every brand. My friend has a hooked up Jetta and all he does is go around lookin to race people.

However I am glad that those with STI's and EVO's dont go around racing everyone they se with a hooked up car. At least most of them know that they can easily beat a majority of cars out there.
Great point, I notice, EVO and WRX owners are pretty civil as well, never an issue with them. AS you stated, they KNOW they can whoop and surprise some ****.

Old 07-24-05, 10:32 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

The worst here in SC, to me, are the people with raised trucks who must think, for whatever reason, that they're driving sports coupes.

I can't tell you how many times one of these things has barrelled up behind me and I've actually had to start praying that the guy sees me way down there in normal-car-height land and can stop before monster-trucking over my car. Same thing for lane-changes, merging with traffic and passing.

After the monster-truck drivers ... I'd say that Civic drivers are the worst. I second the Mustang citation as well.

M.
Old 07-24-05, 11:48 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by magneto112

i have i-VTEC! do u ? lol just playing
Old 07-25-05, 07:30 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The exceptions to that rule ( like me ) generally live to tell about it. Jet, fortunately, was another exception to that rule.
Thanks man.

James
Old 07-25-05, 11:58 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

I was running down I-95 on Saturday night with a buddy of mine, coming back from AC, doing about 95 or so, when I saw a Supra, 300ZX, and two Mustangs cruising. My friend said the Supra guys kept looking over, but alas, they wouldn't follow. Would've been fun (I normally don't hope for highway games, BTW), though I'm sure that they woulda toasted me, even if bone stock. Then I saw a nice Crown Vic, totally hooked up (i.e. with the blue and red lights), sitting on the side of the road. That put an end to those ideas...

Quick Reply: VW drivers and their huge egos eh