Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Valentine One not "fool-proof"...they GOT ME!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-05, 04:22 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
You're also aware, aren't you, Iceman, that in our state ( VA ) the use of one ( not necessarily the possession ) is illegal?
Yep, but I've always wondered about the Constitutionality of that one. Not to mention I still see all kinds of cars with their radar detector prominently mounted on the windshield right below their EZ-Pass. I guess it's one of those things you can get an extra ticket for if they stop you for something else (like speeding), but they can't pull you over just because they see you've got a radar detector.
Old 07-27-05, 08:35 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FutureGS400

I've REALLY come to rely on my V-1 radar detector and it's saved me numerous times... until this A.M. on the way to work! I don't really drive like a madman or race around on the street, but I admit I do exceed the speed limit *somewhat* on a regular basis. I am NOT a risk taker however, and try to be a considerate driver (so no "lectures" on speeding please )
Anyway,I had just gotten off the freeway and coming down a major blvd. through a commercial area with light traffic and SUDDENLY my V-1 beeps like crazy and goes instantly to full alert, then goes silent! Never seen it do that before (yes, I HAVE heard of "instant on" radar) but just as I start to slow down a bit, I see the motorcycle cop with lights on come out of a driveway and pull in behind me!
Yes, he wrote me up- fortunately, it's been about two years since my last speeding ticket. So, I figure the odds finally caught up with me (again) and no hard feelings toward the cop. Actually, he was very nice about it-almost apologtic! Besides, what could I say- I was definitely over the limit and we both knew it so... oh well.
Lesson: stay vigilant and don't be over confident in your radar detector. And if you get caught-don't whine about it; you probably deserve to get a ticket for something just about every day, right?
Forget Detectors, my lawyer has gotten me out of every single speeding ticket i've ever gotten. Since he only charges $110 a case its worth every penny. He has also gotten everyone I know off every single time, the guy is a genius. I see you are in California, if you are in San Diego PM me and I'll give you his number.

I've been SOOO guilty and way over and haven't lost a single case. The best part is, after you fax him your ticket you don't even have to show up in court he does it all, and keeps you updated with monthly mailings, until the last one says "Case Dismissed".
Old 07-27-05, 08:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by toy4two
Forget Detectors, my lawyer has gotten me out of every single speeding ticket i've ever gotten. Since he only charges $110 a case its worth every penny. He has also gotten everyone I know off every single time, the guy is a genius. I see you are in California, if you are in San Diego PM me and I'll give you his number.

I've been SOOO guilty and way over and haven't lost a single case. The best part is, after you fax him your ticket you don't even have to show up in court he does it all, and keeps you updated with monthly mailings, until the last one says "Case Dismissed".
umm.... does he do cases in LA areas then, or just san diego? futuregs400 is in LA area

i suppose he doesn't come all the way up to norcal right?
Old 07-27-05, 11:32 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

V1 = good.

Sounds like laser to me.

Never understood why VA of all states would outlaw detectors.