Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan Altima with OEM 2GS spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-05, 03:06 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why does the third picture have a yellow turn signal and the other ones have a red turn signal???
Old 07-28-05, 08:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!
why does the third picture have a yellow turn signal and the other ones have a red turn signal???
i say it's just the angle
Old 07-29-05, 04:29 AM
flipspeed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
I don't necessarily hate FWD but I've owned enough of them to know they're not that fun to drive..at least the ones i've owned. So don't stereotype me being one of those who only read what's on the internet. I don't really spend much time on other message boards other than CL, my.is and TN occassionally. You've seen my Solara as you were the one who actually spent time to dig up a photo and post a worthless thread on it. Yes it has a decklid spoiler, but it did come from the factory like that. It serves more of an asthetic piece than anything else. My IS300 is the sameway...has a decklid spoiler for asthetic purposes, and I do know that it's not big enough to create downforce to the rear at high speeds...perhaps a little..but not much. 54/46 weight ratio for the IS is pretty good for a daily driven sports sedan...can't really say the same for the ES, Solara or Camry for that matter.

I do know you don't need a huge rear spoiler to assist with braking or aerodynamics for everyday driving. You're not decelerating from 100+ speeds to enter a hairpin corner on a daily driven vehicle. Asthetics okay fine..but performance...unless you're circuit racing for a title or prize money..it's basically pointless.
you spelled "aesthetic" wrong. what kind of clublexus editor are you!? anyways, i don't even remember if your solara had a decklid spoiler. so spoilers on fwd cars are stupid unless it came from the factory and you were stuck with it? having one as a option or putting one later on is a way to personalize a car for a few hundred bucks. makes no difference if it's on a fwd or rwd car. sure, a spoiler might not aid in performance but it is the trend that has yet to die off.
Old 07-29-05, 06:18 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by FLiP Sp33d
you spelled "aesthetic" wrong. what kind of clublexus editor are you!? anyways, i don't even remember if your solara had a decklid spoiler. so spoilers on fwd cars are stupid unless it came from the factory and you were stuck with it? having one as a option or putting one later on is a way to personalize a car for a few hundred bucks. makes no difference if it's on a fwd or rwd car. sure, a spoiler might not aid in performance but it is the trend that has yet to die off.
I invite you to re-read what I posted previously. No need to read in between the lines it's not a hard concept to grasp. Since we've strayed waaay off topic and everyone has made their points like or dislike...lets go back to the original topic please.

Thanks.
Old 07-29-05, 10:35 AM
YellowRace
Driver

Originally Posted by blacksc400
not completely bad taste, but not lexus parts allowed on Altima!!!!!!!!!
I guess when you can't afford a Lexus, you'll hook up a Nissan with a little Lexus lovin'.
Old 07-29-05, 10:58 AM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
i say it's just the angle
i was thinking that, but it looks pure yellow...like how it was before the refreshening
Old 07-29-05, 12:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
I invite you to re-read what I posted previously. No need to read in between the lines it's not a hard concept to grasp. Since we've strayed waaay off topic and everyone has made their points like or dislike...lets go back to the original topic please.

Thanks.
i second that motion. i don't want to touch the cloes botton