Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ticket for 86 in a 55

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-05, 08:03 PM
Corey140
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My first ticket was for 16mph and I know I received 2 points (Never heard of no lo before so I didn't plea it ).

Basically, I heard if I receive 4 or 6 points before I turn 21, my license will be revoked.

Edit: I found the info on their website

Under 21 Years of Age Suspension
The driver's license of any person under 21 years of age convicted of any of the following offenses shall be SUSPENDED:

Hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident in violation of Code Section 4-6-270.
Racing on highways or streets.
Using a motor vehicle in fleeing or attempting to elude an officer.
Reckless driving.
Any offense for which four or more points are assessable under subsection (c) of Code Section 40-5-57.
*Unlawful passing of a school bus.
*Improper passing on a hill or curve.
*Exceeding the speed limit by 24 miles per hour or more.
Purchasing an alcoholic beverage.
Driving under the Influence.
Aggressive Driving, Code Section 40-6-397. (Item #5)
Misrepresenting age for purpose of illegally obtaining any alcoholic beverage (3-3-23 (a) (3)).
Misrepresenting identity or using false identification for purpose of purchasing or obtaining any alcoholic beverage (3-3-23 (a) (5) ).
The driver's license of any person under 18 years of age who has accumulated a violation point count of four or more points within any 12 month period.
I guess the last one is the wrong info people keep telling me about...
Old 08-02-05, 10:46 PM
lexodude
Pole Position

Hey,
I just wanted to say thanks to all of the responses bc you guys are the greatest help always. Anyways hes 16 and lives in South Carolina. I live in Florida. I'm just waiting to hear back from him because he said his dad knows someone that works for the government or something so he might TELL HIS DAD which might save him but his dad will probably sell his car.

Thanks
Old 08-02-05, 10:58 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Corey140
My first ticket was for 16mph and I know I received 2 points (Never heard of no lo before so I didn't plea it ).

Basically, I heard if I receive 4 or 6 points before I turn 21, my license will be revoked.

Edit: I found the info on their website

I guess the last one is the wrong info people keep telling me about...
Good find! Bring that butt to a meet!!

www.seloc.net

Old 08-03-05, 10:06 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i got a ticket for doing 110 in a 40..the cop put down me doing 90 though so my licesne wouldn tget taken and cause he saw my stepdad's badge..i just had to pay a 220 dollar ticket..got off easy
Old 08-03-05, 11:54 AM
Corey140
Intermediate

Good find! Bring that butt to a meet!!

www.seloc.net
You might see me in my hometown but I think I will be in B-more the week before the meet because school starts that Monday or Tuesday (8/22) for me........
Old 08-03-05, 12:15 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 363 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by tuddy
i got a ticket for doing 110 in a 40..the cop put down me doing 90 though so my licesne wouldn tget taken and cause he saw my stepdad's badge..i just had to pay a 220 dollar ticket..got off easy
HOLY **** @ 70 mph over. In NY i'm pretty sure they'll haul you off to jail even for 50+, which officially is what you did. Here's how the NY system breaks down. Speeding 40+ over the limit in NY is grounds for the officer to hit you with 16 points at once on your license. And in NY, if you get 11 points within 18 months, your license is revoked for 6 months.
Attached Thumbnails Ticket for 86 in a 55-nyslaw.jpg  
Old 08-03-05, 06:26 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BrianGS430
why is that?

the attorney will really help out no matter how serious the situation...

i got a ticket for not yeilding to oncoming traffic while making a left turn... 3 points $150.

lawyer said some weird stuff like the bushes on the left side of the vehicle hindered the driver's ability to see oncoming traffic therefore causing poor judgment of the turn blah blah blah...

judge was like " alright thanks bernard. You may leave now Mr. Kim."

hahaha twas awesome...

but in your friend's case, it's going to be much more serious because its 31 mph over the speed limit... really reckless driving... in philly 6 points means license gone and you really can't argue off the speeding ticket because there is no mistake there... it's simple recklessness.

but get an attorney and find out what your options are and do whatever he can do to lower the points, community service, traffic school etc.

he's going to have to pay the fine... he might be able to get it lowered but he's going to have to pay a ticket in that ballpark.
I see it already, his attorney claiming his foot feel asleep on the gas and he could do nothing lol

Anyhow good luck to him, did he not see the cop or not have radar protection?