Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cops family & friends bages, cards, ect...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-05, 03:13 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cops family & friends bages, cards, ect...

When people get pulled over i heard them say if u have one of these things the cop usually lets u go...well how do u use it? i have something like one i think but now what? Is there something special it is suppost to say? Are u suppost to say something when u get pulled over...my cousin gave me something like one I GUESS but not sure if it is one forreal or not!

PLEASE HELP!!

Dont wanna get pulled over and show the cop this thing and he laughs at me!

What do these things look like???

Kia
Old 08-02-05, 04:24 PM
LexFather

I am not sure what this "thing" is but the procedure is to put it in your wallet or purse and when its time to show your license, you make sure you let his see your "Get out a ticket pass" but you have to do it discreetly.

Old 08-02-05, 04:37 PM
mikevogel
Pole Position

hand him 20 bucks with you licence ha ha
Old 08-02-05, 05:07 PM
LexFather

SHOW HIM YOUR __________ (rhymes with kiddies) !!!!!

Girl u know I'm just messing wit ya

Old 08-02-05, 05:31 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

LOL...yall are out of control.

I assume you are talking about PBA cards and police shields you see some people display in the window of there cars. They do help, but they arent guaranteed to get you out of a jam. I have a police shield anda a few cards which some say is the hardest thing to get, and they have gotten me out of a few speeding tickets and such. It just shows that you are a supporter of some sort and most nice cops will give you a break. Good luck trying to get one as they are not freely given out. I got my shield from a guy that took my best friends drug test for the state of NJ. I assume he has some sort of connections.

Last edited by magneto112; 08-02-05 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-02-05, 05:33 PM
IS300ED
Rookie

I think you are referring to PBA cards.

The department in which I work, as well as the surrounding agencies are big on these, however, it is very easy to tell if they are legit cards/shields or just stuff that someone purchased off Ebay. Courtesy should be extended to the holder of a card/shield who has a real connection to a legitimate duly sworn police officer, where the holder of the card is courteous to the officer stopping them.
Old 08-02-05, 06:07 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Well here in Ma we get stickers for our windows that show we are friends or family of officers. I have one and some notice and some don't. I always ask nicely for consideration and they usually are cool and they sometimes notice my last name cuz my cousin is a trooper.
Old 08-02-05, 06:24 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

I heard from a cops daughter that there are also things called FOP cards (Fraternal Order of Police) that family members get... she said she's been pulled over a couple times and just whipped it out and the cops gave her a break. I guess when they ask you for your license, you can maybe just hand your card to them with your license.
Old 08-02-05, 08:08 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

yup those PBA things. I think thats what shes talking about. In FL they have a metal sheild that you put in the corner of your rear liscence plate. Its not a sure thing to not get you a ticket, but it sure as shot helps.
Old 08-02-05, 10:34 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by magneto112
LOL...yall are out of control.

I assume you are talking about PBA cards and police shields you see some people display in the window of there cars. They do help, but they arent guaranteed to get you out of a jam. I have a police shield anda a few cards which some say is the hardest thing to get, and they have gotten me out of a few speeding tickets and such. It just shows that you are a supporter of some sort and most nice cops will give you a break. Good luck trying to get one as they are not freely given out. I got my shield from a guy that took my best friends drug test for the state of NJ. I assume he has some sort of connections.

Well the thing i have is a badge and it is encased in glass? Dont know if this counts my cousin knows alot of cops but it looks more like a plack then an PBA or mini shield.

Can u post a pic of the card and shield??? I thought it was more or less a mini shield! I will post a pic of it tomorrow and someone tell me if it counts if not imma try to get one that i KNOW FOR SURE counts! One for the plate seems more convient but it seems like it would get stolen often.

Kia
Old 08-03-05, 01:15 AM
BrianH
Driver

my brother is a firefighter and just having the red firefighter sticker on the back of the my other brothers car has saved him several times. once he didnt have his seatbelt on and the cop pulled next to him and told him to put it on and he did and then the cop said he was lucky he had the sticker. and it got him out of a speeding ticket, just having it on the back.
Old 08-03-05, 06:34 AM
BigMoNYC
Lexus Test Driver

Quick breakdown..... correct me if im wrong

PBA (Patrolemans Benevolent Association) is pretty much the Union that the cops are in.... in NYC. I think the PBA only exists in NYC. Also there is DEA(Detectives Endowment Association) and SBA(Sargeants Benevolent Assocation) Each rank has its own union. But once again... i believe the PBA is only in NYC.

FOP (Fraternal order of Police) exists in almost every other state. (someone correct me if im wrong about this)

As for the courtesy cards or minishields that are given out, they are usally given to family members or close friends. Be prepared to be asked who you know, how you know them, and where they work (unit) when showing that card/minishield when getting pulled over. Also remember, not everyone honors these courtesy cards/minishields. Just be prepared to explain as to who issued the card to you.
Old 08-03-05, 05:25 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BrianH
my brother is a firefighter and ... once he didnt have his seatbelt on
I'm sorry, but I just couldn't let this pass. No firefighter (or police officer, or EMT, or emergency room nurse) worth a damn doesn't buckle their seatbelt. NONE.