Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2006 Quattroporte Executive/Sport GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-05 | 05:00 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

Default 2006 Quattroporte Executive/Sport GT

Maserati is readying two new versions of its Quattroporte model, to appear at the Frankfurt motor show in September. The new models, dubbed Executive GT and Sport GT, are designed to enhance the comfort and performance of the car respectively. Both are due to go on sale in early 2006, and although no prices have yet been set, expect a hefty hike on the Quattroporte V8 Sport’s price of £74,550.

The Executive GT adds a wood veneer finish for the cabin, as well as front and side chrome grilles, 9-spoke 19” wheels, wood and leather steering wheel and a comfort pack for the rear seats. The Sport makes the wheels bigger still at 20”, and adds a sport steering wheel, carbon-fibre interior and aluminium pedal covers. The biggest coups for the Sport model, however, are an improved gearbox offering 35% faster shifting, and a new exhaust design to give greater access to the rich sound of the V8 motor.

Old 08-02-05 | 05:04 PM
LexFather

I love this sedan, people are sleeping on it. Thanks
Old 08-02-05 | 06:37 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

That Quattroporte is a HOT sedan. If I had the money, i'd possibly consider it over an S55. Although I wonder how it'd be to drive this car everyday? It has the Maserati V8... and well I just imagine a Maserati or Ferrari engine as very delicate and finnicky... and couldn't imagine an engine like that being able to handle everyday duty. Regardless.... BEAUTIFUL cars.

I REALLY wish Lexus would do something like this.... at least with their GS and SC, if not with the LS sedan also. I believe if they even produced 5-10% of their cars with some sort of real sport package with a somewhat stiffer suspension (to reduce body roll), and a smaller diameter, thick-rim steering wheel (the SC already has a nice one), and a less intrusive VDIM... they'd be able to steal away a good amount of german buyers.
Old 08-02-05 | 07:16 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

A great 4 door sports sedan, my favorite. I've been raveing about it for a while. Blows away the CLS in comparison, it's also pricier. But the Porsche 4 door will compete. :thumup: to sexier and sportier and FASTER 4 door sedans
Old 08-02-05 | 09:36 PM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

That thing on the road has an unbelievable presence. It looks like non other. It will turn a lot of heads. From the front it looks like a Italian sports car, but only bigger. It has the curves on the sides and the rear is OK. I'd take it over the S55 and 760, the cars that this car is competing with in terms of size.
Old 08-03-05 | 02:54 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter
CL Folding 1M

It doesn't need a faster tranny, it needs a more 'crusing friendly' tranny.

Gosh, the transmission sucks on this car.
Old 08-11-05 | 07:11 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

from Maserati Press Release) Building on the huge international success of the Maserati Quattroporte, two new versions of the model will appear on the exhibition stand at Frankfurt in September: the Quattroporte Executive GT and the Quattroporte Sport GT.

Eagerly awaited as the car that would relaunch and consolidate the great Trident tradition, the Quattroporte was unveiled at the Frankfurt Motorshow in 2003. The first orders were taken the same day from clients who were immediately struck by the unmistakable style and advanced technology without ever having driven the flagship model. Since then, the Quattroporte has been a bestseller in its category on the US, European and Asian markets.

Presented as a unique saloon car with two souls: elegant and comfortable but with a sporty performance, an extensive personalisation programme was developed for the Quattroporte. These new versions enhance the car's dual character in a very exciting manner.

Quattroporte EXECUTIVE GT

Distinguished by a blend of elegant eye-catching colours and refined wood veneer finishes for the interior, the Executive GT includes the following accessories:

Chrome mesh grille, side chrome grille, external identification plate, 9-spoke 19" ball-polished wheel rims, wood and leather steering wheel, roof section in Alcantara and a series of features dedicated to providing maximum comfort levels for passengers (among them comfort pack for the rear seats and stowable rear table in wood or titanium). Further personalisation options are available.

source : seriouswheels.com
Old 08-11-05 | 01:30 PM
mdw131
Lead Lap
CL Folding 100000

I have the spyder cambiocorsa...Definitely needs a more cruising tranny as I have it as a daily driver, although its only really a 5 min drive to the train...The first gear or so is finniky in stop and go traffic....Plus its not really cruising comfortable as all the girls who ride in my car always complain about....No vanity mirror, no cup holder(in 2002 model no, later ones yes), seat ergonomics, a little jumpy in low gears, etc....

Truth of the matter is who gets the car thinking its a cruiser though? If I want a pure luxury cruiser Id get a SL, 645, or XK.....This puppy is a sportscar....

In terms of a sedan, that is a predicament...When I think luxury sedan I think comfort and relaxation....I guess you'd have to compare it more so to an M5 or RS6/S8 type of car not LS or 7 or S class....

I dont really like the lines though...Ok, I like the side and back but the front bumper just doesnt do it for me...Reminds me of like the ugly, IMO, generation two camaros from the 70's...

My favorite is the gransport personally...Wont be getting that any time soon since the mas I have now was a gift from a friend of the family....

Originally Posted by vraa
It doesn't need a faster tranny, it needs a more 'crusing friendly' tranny.

Gosh, the transmission sucks on this car.
Old 08-11-05 | 02:49 PM
gs430jw
Pole Position

I've seen this car in person twice and it is very nice. I love the way the car sounds
Old 08-11-05 | 02:59 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter
CL Folding 1M

We had a regular Maser for a few weeks. That's where I got my statement. Honestly I haven't seen the new M5 nor the Audi's. But when you compare it to even the M3's SMGIII....
Old 08-11-05 | 05:23 PM
mikevogel
Pole Position

wow that interior looks great is it real carbon fiber?
Old 08-11-05 | 07:27 PM
LexFather

My God. I think it maybe I am just crazy but why is there carbon fiber in a car that weighs over 4,000 lbs?