Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

06 Accord sedan & coupe changes(pic)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-05, 06:35 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts
Default 06 Accord sedan & coupe changes(pic)

New exterior styling on both Accord sedan and coupe include new front bumper and grille design, rear bumper and trunk lid design with integrated third brake light, LED taillights, re-styled 16" and 17" alloy wheels and new exhaust finishers.

Four new colors are added to the line-up: Royal Blue Pearl, Alabaster Silver Metallic, Cool Blue Metallic (Coupe) and Carbon Bronze Pearl.

Performance enhancements

The 3.0-liter VTEC V6 engine's output increases to 244 horsepower @ 6250 rpm and 211 lbs.-ft of torque at 5000 rpm; new engine features include Drive-By-Wire (DBW) throttle control and high performance intake and exhaust valve timing. (Horsepower and torque calculations reflect new SAE J1349 procedures revised August 2004.)

The 2.4-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine's output increases to 166 horsepower @ 5800 rpm and 160 lbs.-ft of torque at 4000 rpm; new features include Drive-By-Wire (DBW) throttle control and high performance intake and exhaust valve timing. (Horsepower and torque calculations reflect new SAE J1349 procedures revised August 2004.)

A sport-oriented Accord Sedan EX V6 is available with a 6-speed manual transmission.

All V6 coupes and sedans have revised suspension bushings and damping rates to complement the upgraded 17" wheel and tire packages.

All V6 models receive Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) and Brake Assist.

New interior styling

Revised interior styling includes new steering wheel design, new seat fabrics, new shift **** on automatic transmission models, restyled instrument panel and satin chrome vent accents.

Other enhancements

Smart Maintenance System automatically calculates common vehicle service intervals.

Enhanced sound deadening materials reduce Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH).

Additional safety measures include daytime running lamps and front passenger seat belt reminder.

Heated side mirrors are added to EX and V6 models.

Revised trim levels/packages

Value Package (VP) replaces DX sedan trim level; new standard features include air conditioning, keyless entry, power locks and cruise control.

LX Special Edition is added; standard features include 16" alloy wheels, rear disc brakes and Electronic Brake Distribution, in-dash CD changer, steering-wheel-mounted audio controls, body color side sills and carbon fiber-look interior accents.

LX V6 coupe and sedan models add new features, including power moonroof, 17" alloy wheels, VSA and heated side mirrors.

Old 08-02-05, 08:30 PM
AlwaysLate
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rear of the sedan reminds me of the Mercury Montego.
Old 08-02-05, 08:42 PM
mikevogel
Pole Position

i dont like the coupe looks like a cougar
Old 08-03-05, 01:37 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Pontiac G6? Looks good, they just need to get rid of that side molding so it'll look smooth like the back end.
Old 08-03-05, 01:38 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

the turn signal for the hybrid is white...

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-image?...ord-Hybrid.jpg
Old 08-03-05, 10:57 PM
biker
Lead Lap

A sport-oriented Accord Sedan EX V6 is available with a 6-speed manual transmission.

Under the old rating the engine would have been around 260HP. A TL for almost 10K less.
Old 08-04-05, 06:08 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

At least the rear end is better the the current, I still like the looks of the older model Accords better.
Old 08-04-05, 06:22 AM
Milla...

I am so not digging the triangle tail lights. The coupe is just not worth talking about.

AmethySC your Avator avaitor avater ahhh anyway what / who is that? Kinda haunting.
Old 08-04-05, 08:05 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Milla...
. . . AmethySC your Avator avaitor avater ahhh anyway what / who is that? Kinda haunting.
Haha, isn't she cute ?
I' ve had several comments & pm on it being creepy already lol . I don't know what she is exactly, but looks like an Alien-human hybrid to me.
Old 08-04-05, 08:09 AM
LexFather

I mean, its an Accord, I don't expect it to be some sort of styling leader. IMO, Honda has no clue when it comes to proportions and I don't know who is designing these cars/trucks but they are mostly all horrendous.

The new lights don't make the rear look so frumpy but it doesn't look much better.

Anyway, I expect sales to stay awesome, which means, 400k a year but with an almost all new Camry coming, I don't think these changes will be enough.

Does the new Camry get the 3.5 V-6?

Old 08-04-05, 08:56 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

The rear of the Accord coupe looks like the Cougar, the rear of the Accord sedan makes it look somewhat like a G6. I think it's okay. The 98-02 generation I think looked best.
Old 08-04-05, 09:15 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I still hate the rear. I just convince 2 female friends to purhase a Honda Accord V6. One loves her car to death and the other will love to run back to her 4 cylinder Camry. I guess she perfer comfort over sport. Man if Honda can only go back to the golden days.
Old 08-04-05, 11:36 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rogers
I still hate the rear. I just convince 2 female friends to purhase a Honda Accord V6. One loves her car to death and the other will love to run back to her 4 cylinder Camry. I guess she perfer comfort over sport. Man if Honda can only go back to the golden days.
Great news! Current Civic still ride and drive like Hondas of the early 90s. Get them while they're still here. Unfortunately the interior isn't quite as good. Too much cheap hard plastics. Everybody online seem to hate current Civic(eventho 98% never driven the car) and sales are slightly down(due to press carping), so you can get a really good deal when the 06 arrives.

If RSX is any indication, new Civic will be refine, soft, quiet and tall feeling(Mazda3, RSX, corolla, TC). No good in my book. You'll no longer get the low to the ground feel with expansive view of the road that Hondas are famous for and superior tactile feedback that only a firmly sprung lower vehicle gives. Seems like people don't want sport or great tactile feedback anymore. Camry like charactors are the way to go nowadays, sales will go thru the roof if Civics become more refine, isolated and tall.

Last edited by Celicamaro; 08-04-05 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-04-05, 06:33 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

Geez, it seems like all car manufacturers are adopting this style for a rear bumper. Not that it looks bad, but the maxima and GS already look similar to that, no need for another one. I personally thought it looked fine the way it was
Old 08-04-05, 07:12 PM
wiz2
Rookie

Damn I like that better than the wifes 2004
Plus a 6 sp for the V6 sedan! At least they realized that a few of us family guys want to row our own. Honda already knows they cant make a V6 auto transmission perfom and last.
Toyota has nothing under the umbrella in this category

Quick Reply: 06 Accord sedan & coupe changes(pic)