Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

California Crackdown on Modified Cars

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-05, 10:23 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next they'll probably take the Power Block of Spike TV... gotta like Horsepower TV, Trucks..etc I always felt we were doing our county a favor by moding..it puts $$ into the economy. Just don't want my mod $$ going to hell...I mean paying a stupid ticket.
Old 08-17-05, 12:46 PM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
They did that at the Eibach HQ meet here in SoCal a few months ago. Corona P.D. waited outside the parking lot and as soon as they got on the city street, they ticketed/towed away cars that were totally smog illegal.
There was a biker meet last night at Chuy's at Magnolia & 15. A biker was stopped, surrounded by 5 Corona PD, as I head into Lowes. On the way out, there was another biker stopped, surround by around the same number. That's when I noticed Corona PD was really patrolling the area, a lot of them. Moral of the story: Don't meet in Corona and it doesn't appear to be limited to cars only.
Old 08-17-05, 02:34 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have been in San Diego for the last 6 years and I can tell for sure that the racing scene here was affected pretty badly with this all dragnet deal. Police has an 1/8th mile track down here as a part of legalizing the racing scene; however not many people go there since it is way too short.
If they had a 1/4 mile track out here I would not be as pissed. I just riced out my Scion TC and now I am thinking that I should have bought a fast stock car instead and kept it that way.
Old 08-17-05, 03:58 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by retrodrive
I have been in San Diego for the last 6 years and I can tell for sure that the racing scene here was affected pretty badly with this all dragnet deal. Police has an 1/8th mile track down here as a part of legalizing the racing scene; however not many people go there since it is way too short.
If they had a 1/4 mile track out here I would not be as pissed. I just riced out my Scion TC and now I am thinking that I should have bought a fast stock car instead and kept it that way.
Dude, it's a little off topic, but how do you add the little custom banner to the bottom of your posts?