Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

V8 Acura Legend Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-05, 07:45 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
. And it would be a HONDA LEGEND, not an Acura Legend. I guess the CL would be back?

[/I]
If they ever do build this car and it is a Honda Legend it will be an RL Coupe. The CL was never a Honda Legend 2-Door and not even offered in Japan. The Legend is the RL here, so if the badge it a Honda Legend it can't be a CL. If anything, the CL would be more a TL Coupe, or if in Japan a Honda Inspire Coupe.
Old 08-07-05, 07:52 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
If they ever do build this car and it is a Honda Legend it will be an RL Coupe. The CL was never a Honda Legend 2-Door and not even offered in Japan. The Legend is the RL here, so if the badge it a Honda Legend it can't be a CL. If anything, the CL would be more a TL Coupe, or if in Japan a Honda Inspire Coupe.
THat is a good point. The Cl is the TL equivilent of the coupe.

Old 08-07-05, 08:50 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dx3
I have owned about 7 Acura Legends - and they looked a hell of a lot better than that. V8 is great - but the Legend coupe (91-95) body style was one of the best flowing cars ever. In fact, I would have a hard job finding a slicker looking stock 93 car than a Legend coupe.

The V8 is

Body is

Jonny
I agree too. The Legend was a very classy car and quite the competitor to the SC400/300.

Although I think this new artist rendering of the Legend is nice and sporty, it is by far not as luxuriously looking as the past Legend. This one looks like a cross between an Acura TL and a Honda Civic with a nice aftermarket bodykit. The target demographic is probably not the same as the past.
Old 08-07-05, 09:16 PM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The NSX also 2nd Gen Legend is Classic. Nothing Acura puts out will top the Legend in fit / finish. It's a timeless design just like the 2nd Gen GS. Both 90's cars that were just slightly ahead of its time design wise. Those cars will never be forgotton.
Old 08-08-05, 06:55 AM
Milla...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TI II
The NSX also 2nd Gen Legend is Classic. Nothing Acura puts out will top the Legend in fit / finish. It's a timeless design just like the 2nd Gen GS. Both 90's cars that were just slightly ahead of its time design wise. Those cars will never be forgotton.
I second that I will always hold those two cars in high regard. The NSX and the Legend (sedan and coupe 91-95)
Old 08-08-05, 07:00 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts
Thumbs up

Love the Legend coupe
Old 08-08-05, 07:09 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As a former owner of 3 Acura Legend coupes including a 6-Speed, I have to admit that I kind of like this photoshoped version. I think if they came out with it I would buy it. Acura is definately heading back into the right direction. If only they were at this point back in 1996 rather than the dip they took during those year who knows where they could be today.
Old 08-08-05, 05:20 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TI II
Nothing Acura puts out will top the Legend in fit / finish. It's a timeless design just like the 2nd Gen GS. Both 90's cars that were just slightly ahead of its time design wise. Those cars will never be forgotton.
Why not? Honda COULD top the original Legend's fit and finish if they put the proper corporate focus and resources into it. There was nothing magical about that car, it was simply an amazing piece of engineering and aesthetic design.

To think that we've already seen the best car designs that will EVER be produced is foolish. Not to take anything away from the past, but we must also have faith in the designers of today and tomorrow.