Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Do you like bling bling style'd chromed out rims?
Yes I like it or think it's alright
26.67%
No, I hate seeing it, especially on a luxury car
73.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Does anyone here like "bling bling" rims?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-05, 04:43 PM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does anyone here like "bling bling" rims?

I'm looking around and I see a lot of disapproval when there's a car that is sitting on dubs that have a lot of bling in them. Or cars that have (expensive) authentic and more classy looking spinner rims.

I'm wondering, am I the only one that likes all of that? I could see why people would disapprove of it, but anyone else like them? I'm not here to defend all types of them because a lot of cheesy. But whenever there's a pic of wheel posted that has a lot of chrome on it, it seems to get a thumbs down rating for the most part.

Where are my brothers at?

Last edited by GStateOM; 08-09-05 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-09-05, 05:20 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GStateOM
I'm looking around and I see a lot of disapproval when there's a car that is sitting on dubs that have a lot of bling in them. Or cars that have (expensive) authentic and more classy looking spinner rims.

I'm wondering, am I the only one that likes all of that? I could see why people would disapprove of it, but anyone else like them? I'm not here to defend all types of them because a lot of cheesy. But whenever there's a pic of wheel posted that has a lot of chrome on it, it seems to get a thumbs down rating for the most part.

Where are my brothers at?
First its bling, its not ghetto, there is a difference. Bling rims on a Lexus is bling, not ghetto. Ghetto is when your rims cost more than your car or somethign like that. "Ghetto" gets mis-used like "rice".

Anyway, first of YOU GOT TO DO YOU. You pay for it, you have to lay your head and sleep, you drive in it. There is BLING on CL and there is good bling and bling that some don't prefer. Good bling is polished quality rims, or chrome WOrk Equips and other examples of bling done well. Lexus is one of the few cars that can get away with CHROME and look damn good.

Now understand its bigger than CL doesn't like ghetto rims. Speaking from an art standpoint, from a modding standpoint, wheels are to ACCENT your car. Wheels are not to take your eyes AWAY from the car. They are to make the picture all go together. Too many times, I see a car or hear people say "nice wheels" and don't say ANYTHING about the car.

Its like wearing a Hugo Boss suit and some clown shoes or some Air Jordans. It just doesn't go and people will only notice your feet.

Old 08-09-05, 05:37 PM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

^I didn't know what to name this thread but I think you sort of get an idea of what I mean Not the best choice of words

Example, if I posted and said these were my next wheels, I would get a lot of disapproval without people actually knowing what brand it was.. Or these or .

It's like the term ricer. High quality or not, it seems these type of rims usually get squeezed into one catagory, from Lexani to Bob's wheels.
Old 08-09-05, 05:44 PM
LexFather

^I didn't know what to name this thread but I think you sort of get an idea of what I mean Not the best choice of words

Example, if I posted and said these were my next wheels, I would get a lot of disapproval without people actually knowing what brand it was.. Or these or .

It's like the term ricer. High quality or not, it seems these type of rims usually get squeezed into one catagory, from Lexani to Bob's wheels.
Well most are poor quality. I'll give it to Davin, they are high -quality wheels, which are reflected in the price. They STARTED the spinner trend and well the knock-offs came running. Heck just like knock-off Volks, HREs etc.

Those wheels are just not pleasing to my eyes. They could be a pattern on a tie, i just don't like the shape.

Again, do you. Buy and rock what YOU want. Don't seek other peoples approval or you will always be miserable

Old 08-09-05, 05:44 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Besides being bling those wheels are ugly. But like 1Sick said, mod your car the way YOU want to. The people of CL arent paying for your mods so dont go by what they want. If you post pics and someone doesnt like something Im sure they will let you know, but it is a LOT worse on other sites
Old 08-09-05, 05:52 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

My personal opinion: I'm not easily wowed by shiny objects. I would hope that our higher intellect would lead us to not be as easily fascinated as monkeys. Just because it's shiny doesn't make it special.

... and that's just my opinion.
Old 08-09-05, 06:35 PM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

It's not really about how people dictate other people, just a simple who likes it and who doesn't
Old 08-09-05, 10:55 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a tough call, but pretty much it falls to aesthetic taste, alot of the cheaper wheels are simply made for the "round and shiny" crowd, meaning as long as its 20" or larger, shiny, and round they are fine (regardless of fitment, weight, finish, yadda yadda).

Clublexus tends to go for the cleaner style, but alot of us still like chorme or polished (me included). I think LXOgood, BLuelex, Teelex, Lexis11, are good examples of clean bling!
Old 08-09-05, 10:56 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

It's not really about how people dictate other people, just a simple who likes it and who doesn't
Gotta say... nope.
Old 08-10-05, 05:42 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Yup I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the bling, can't help it. Nothing like seeing a beautiful chrome wheel gleaming after some polish. Just sp pleasing to the eye. Now a lot of chrome wheels can also be ugly as all hell but again it comes down to what you like.
Old 08-10-05, 05:51 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Spinners look tacky on a lexus. If i am in the market for rims, they would have to have to be deep dish and staggered, I dont want "fans" as wheels
Old 08-10-05, 06:30 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's all personal preference. Me, I think 18" is the biggest a SC should have. But that's my opinion. 1sick said it best saying the buyer is the one that has to live with the choice. If they like it - so be it. As for Bling rims....too busy for me. They seem angular and sharp.
Old 08-10-05, 06:42 AM
Milla...

Me personally I like bling wheels, but not the cheapy ones, the ones that look like plastic. As mentioned it has to be clean bling as in multi spoked / mesh / five, six spoke style .
Old 08-10-05, 07:20 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

I don't like spinners, but I do think polished rims can look very classy on certain cars of certain colors, also depends on the style of the rims too.
Old 08-10-05, 07:23 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

i would definitely like a deep dish also with some chrome and even a nice polished look but i hate cheap looking rims i hate to see crazy cars with thesame rims like some of the 20s on the net

Quick Reply: Does anyone here like "bling bling" rims?