Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

are u tired of lifted trucks

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-05, 02:21 PM
DavesGS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Out in the Riverside area there are tons of them. Actually I work across the street from a fedex freight location and they have at least 10 lined up. To each their own. I personally don't like them but they probably don't like lowered cars. My only complaint is that if you are going to have a car lifted that high learn to drive it. like someone mentioned most are about 4 feet tall so they can barely see over the dash of a geo metro let alone a lifted truck. It always happens to me on the freeway, I am driving and some dumb *** person driving a lifted truck doesn't see me next to them and they almost big foot me.
Correct me if I am wrong, but why is it that they can lift their trucks so high that they need a ladder to get in but when someone lowers their car too much they are given a ticket.
Old 08-18-05, 02:30 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesGS
Out in the Riverside area there are tons of them. Actually I work across the street from a fedex freight location and they have at least 10 lined up. To each their own. I personally don't like them but they probably don't like lowered cars. My only complaint is that if you are going to have a car lifted that high learn to drive it. like someone mentioned most are about 4 feet tall so they can barely see over the dash of a geo metro let alone a lifted truck. It always happens to me on the freeway, I am driving and some dumb *** person driving a lifted truck doesn't see me next to them and they almost big foot me.
Correct me if I am wrong, but why is it that they can lift their trucks so high that they need a ladder to get in but when someone lowers their car too much they are given a ticket.

I do know that at least here in NJ, they will ticket you for being to high. Back in high school and right after (a few too many years ago for me to care to mention..................18 ) a lot of my friends were into the lifted scene. A lot got harrassed just like lowered cars do now. There was a limit as too how high the bumper could be from the ground. Of course, guys got around that by using insane body lifts (lifts body off chassis). But that unstabalized the whole truck even more. I feel that the police tend to focus more on whatever is the prevelant style of the times. There are many more lowered vehicles today, so they get the harrassment. While my friends got harrassed with lifted trucks, I cruised a slammed S-10. Never got hasseled once!
Old 08-18-05, 03:16 PM
bizzy928
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QuikLex
You've obviously never ridden in a truck that was lifted correctly. I'm not saying that they are meant for road racing, but atleast in my case, my lifted F-350 corners just as good as my GS did stock...can't exactly complain. As for gas mileage, turbo diesel power baby!
I highly doubt that. Your lifted truck has a much higher centre of gravity.
Old 08-18-05, 05:28 PM
wSC300
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only time I don't like lifted trucks is when im behind them in traffic, My SC is almost too low with a stock suspension (notice how i say Almost because i plan to upgrade suspension eventually). I know a guy at my school who has an old Jeep Cherokee lifted SO HIGH you can see a foot between the top of his Axles and the bottom of his car, (he does go offroading in it and he ALSO upgraded tire size, unlike the people who get the 6-8 inch lift but keep the stocl tires resulting in NO increased ground clearance.
Old 01-29-06, 10:38 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to revive an old thread but I do LOVE lifted trucks.

Gotta love the F-350 Turbo Diesel. The thing sounds like a jet spooling up and releases a cloud of smoke when u floor it