Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

are u tired of lifted trucks

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-05, 07:46 PM
mikevogel
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are u tired of lifted trucks

im am really tired of seeing all these trucks lifted but they have never got off the highway this picture just made me laugh gotta love the wrx
Attached Thumbnails are u tired of lifted trucks-8644sti_muddy_truck.jpg  
Old 08-09-05, 07:57 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

While I'm not a fan of lifted trucks/off roading, some look hot. There's lots of these big boys running around on Maui; the lifted Tundras are pretty sweet.
Old 08-09-05, 08:00 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Yeah i'm sick of them. It's pointless to lift a truck that high. It's not like they take it off road in the first place. Plus it's a waste of money for those expensive tires...and gas. What's the point!?
Old 08-09-05, 08:07 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can see the purpose if they're actually doing it to increase clearance for going off road... but if you do it just to look "cool" and never see one speck of dirt, common now. GET YOUR TRUCK DIRTY!
Old 08-09-05, 08:15 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

it's standard issue for young OC boys to have escalades and chevy's all lifted and will never see the dirt...funny they dont get hassled for illegal mods...
Old 08-09-05, 10:42 PM
OGS
Lead Lap

Love the lifted trucks...especially when a hot girl is driving it!
Old 08-09-05, 11:07 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

1SICK, where's the poll?! I gotta give my 2 cents by way of choosing an option!! help a brotha out here (I'm serious!)

but yeah, as others have stated, I don't have a problem with lifted trucks IF they take it offroad. If they don't...
Old 08-09-05, 11:22 PM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by foofighter
it's standard issue for young OC boys to have escalades and chevy's all lifted and will never see the dirt...funny they dont get hassled for illegal mods...
Wonder how much a lift job typically would cost.
Old 08-09-05, 11:27 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2000gs300
Wonder how much a lift job typically would cost.
couple hundred at 4wheel parts (they suck btw)
Old 08-10-05, 12:00 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

it's also a problem in the 925 as well, hell my LS400 has been offroad several times...
Old 08-10-05, 01:13 AM
calispyder
Rookie

People have different taste. I know there are some people out there that ask why do you lower your car so low. I used to have a 3000GT VR4 spyder on coilovers and had to angle up just about every driveway so i wouldnt scrape the front. I have a gs and a 2001 f-250 thats lifted 8" on 38" tires and I use it offroading. I get hassled all the time by the CHP. I got 3 fix it tickets in less than 6 months, for no mudflaps and one for the headlights being to high. Mine were 56 inches high and the limit is 54, and one for the exhaust being 1 inch to high off the ground . I dont drive it much now. Only when im pulling the trailer with the quads in it. Here is a picture at Pismo dunes, and of my last car. Having the lift helps because I can cross the creek easier to get to the dunes and the bigger tires have better flotation so I dont have to air down the tires anymore in the sand.
Old 08-10-05, 01:15 AM
calispyder
Rookie

My last car. I like lifted and lowered. Hope to lower the gs soon. please forgive the cheap wheels
Old 08-10-05, 06:38 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I happen to really like lifted trucks. They used to be a dime a dozen around here about 10 years ago. Now there's very few. Everyone here now drives a civic so slammed they can't have more than 1 person in the car.

As for the utility aspect.........

Do the majority of people that buy stock trucks and SUV's actually use them for work or offroading (like the H2)? No
Do the majority of people that put performance suspensions on their rides actually autocross them? No

It's all about expressing your own individuality with your ride. They are enthusiasts just as we are, only with a different type of vehicle and different direction.
Old 08-10-05, 07:39 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

To me they're very ugly & an eyesore. No reaon to do that except for practical purpose AFAIC.
Old 08-10-05, 09:26 AM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by foofighter
funny they dont get hassled for illegal mods...
I'm not gonna sit around and try to figure out why people spend their money in the way they do, cuz that would just drive me to put a gun to my head and escape this cruel, cruel world... but it DOES really tick me off that lowered cars are constantly ticketed in the interest of "public safety" yet lowered trucks (without a doubt the most unsafe vehicle on the road) NEVER GET HASSLED ONCE... it almost makes me want to join the force so that I can hassle these truck owners just as much as "import" drivers get hassled... even the score a little.

and on a side note... is it just me or has anybody else noticed that 95% of the people that drive those trucks are 4 foot tall guys with spiked hair... maybe the psychologists were right.

Quick Reply: are u tired of lifted trucks