Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Considering a 03 G35 coupe.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-05, 07:06 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by toy4two
Before you touch a G35 read page 4 of this thread:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...06692&start=80

Its no comfy Lexus.
hey, i got a G35 coupe. and guess what, i got it from Gwinnett Infiniti. and its no comfy lexus........
Old 08-17-05, 10:09 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

wow,.. that post that you linked to was hella long,... dayummmmm!!! i was beginning to think it had no end.... but some interesting insight / experience no doubt.

So,....if the comfort level was a biggie, i wonder what size / shape body ole dude has....

.....also, i'm wonderin' what new generations issues that car had.... just like the 90' model 300Z??
Old 08-18-05, 08:18 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As a 2004.5 G35C Owner I guess I can voice an opinion. Wonderful sporty car with a bullet proof drivetrain. Interior is NO WAY like a Lexus and the service experience sucks compared to how Lexus treats you. Do I regret my purchase NO WAY. Love the exhaust note and the list of modifications you can do to this car is unreal.

Now if the new IS was around when I got this G35 I might have gone the otherway and stayed in the Lexus family.

Hope that helps.

PS: If looking at a used G35 make sure you inspect the bottom side bolsters for permanent depressions.
Old 08-18-05, 08:38 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SAVVY
As a 2004.5 G35C Owner I guess I can voice an opinion. Wonderful sporty car with a bullet proof drivetrain. Interior is NO WAY like a Lexus and the service experience sucks compared to how Lexus treats you. Do I regret my purchase NO WAY. Love the exhaust note and the list of modifications you can do to this car is unreal.

Now if the new IS was around when I got this G35 I might have gone the otherway and stayed in the Lexus family.
Well, I bought my Infiniti from a dealership that sells both Infinit & Nissan in the same showroom(all except one Infiniti dealeship is set up this way in Vancouver), & my service experience with Lexus is much superior. I won't say the Infiniti service sucks, just unimpressive, & I don't feel like I was treated better than the Nissan customers except I get the longer warranty. As I said earlier, if you can live with the inferior build quality of the G35c compared with the Lexus, go for it, you'll get rewarded with it's great handling, performance & style.

As for the style of the new IS350, the only angle I like better than the G35c is from the straight front angle. I still like the G35 coupe better in all other angles. However, I think the new IS looks better than the G35 sedan in just about any angle, plus it has better built quality inside & out plus the new gadgets. I probably won't get one until they decide to offer a 6MT & a coupe version though.
Old 08-18-05, 12:31 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

I just drove an 04, and the interior was gettin' on my nerves,.... all the $2 plastic pieces, that in most cases weren't even attached to anything,.. like the cup holders in the center, and the first aid thing in the rear seat,.... I'm not a big fan of the amber lighting or that ridiculous clock in the center console. I did get up and go,... just didn't feel as powerful as the SC400, while yet having more hp... weird?

The exhaust note is nice,... it handled well, but since my coupe has modded suspension, not the same, but by no means inferior to a stock SC400.

I'm gonna have to go find EXACTLY how I would want it... pearl white or black with NAV and see how I'm moved by it,.... as the red one didn't do enough to make me run out of there with a for sale sign for my coupe.

It's still a good contender,... it has me considering re-evaluting a newer model NSX,... just to be sure....