Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus is afraid of the M35/M45 (because Jesus himself said he has one)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-05, 02:09 PM
gs430jw
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to jump in here after reading the Nissan Forum I'll take on any M45 out there especially in the looks department. I always get them confused on the road, can't tell if that’s an Altima or a M45. . Also come talk to me when you guys put some miles on the Altima, sorry M45
Old 08-16-05, 02:10 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I test drove a used 1998 GS400 and thought it was a really great RWD Accord.

The dealer thought it was worth a lot more than I did.

M45, baby! Both are better than the contemporary GS model.
Actually, it is a RWD Avalon.
Old 08-16-05, 02:19 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

mods i know you may want to close this

but its really making me laugh

if it doesnt get too crazy can we keep it ....can we ..huh huh
Old 08-16-05, 02:19 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by rominl

just let other people say what they want, you can never win over them. just be yourself and enjoy what you have

VERY well said!!!!
Old 08-16-05, 02:39 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by GSquicksilver
this is what one of them said:

For the first time in the history of Lexus, they have made an attractive looking car.
Too bad under it's gorgeous skin it's still an overpriced rwd Camry.

why the hell
Sounds hypocritical because someone can say...

"Too bad under it's skin it's still an overpriced rwd Altima."

Ignorance is bliss.
Old 08-16-05, 03:37 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Take a look at this week edition of Auto Week. They compare the GS430 and the M45. Here is their concluding comment:

"So yes, the Infiniti is easily the winner here. Buyers who are never going to push their luxury sedans as hard as we do, and who like the greater isolation and the extra brake and steering assist of the Lexus, might disagree. While it may not be as sophisticated and road-course smooth as a BMW 5 Series or even an Audi A6, the Infiniti M45 is easily the Japanese champion in this class. Sayonara, Lexus."
Old 08-16-05, 04:06 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

...more @$$hats that can't tell the difference between an Altima and an M...Obviously these people haven't driven a Lexus and can't take it for what it worth...and they have the intelligence to state that they do not understand the logic of Toyota & Lexus...lol...what do they think Nissan & Infiniti are...?

And Infiniti service...what a joke...I could only dream of the day their service was near the level Lexus provides overall. I mean...it's not like you bought a Nissan is it?
Old 08-16-05, 04:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by lkirchner
Take a look at this week edition of Auto Week. They compare the GS430 and the M45. Here is their concluding comment:

"So yes, the Infiniti is easily the winner here. Buyers who are never going to push their luxury sedans as hard as we do, and who like the greater isolation and the extra brake and steering assist of the Lexus, might disagree. While it may not be as sophisticated and road-course smooth as a BMW 5 Series or even an Audi A6, the Infiniti M45 is easily the Japanese champion in this class. Sayonara, Lexus."
http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=102927

Here is the entire article...I read it in the paper copy last night. Autoweek clearly prefers the M45's handling but admits that if comfort was a factor they would chose the GS.

They also criticized the GS's stability control for not allowing powerslides. This, in my opinion, is sheer nonsense......one should not be doing powerslides on dry pavement in a non-racing situation anyway...they can be dangerous.

Last edited by mmarshall; 08-16-05 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-16-05, 04:16 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

It is only the shallow, immature, insecure man who needs to bash other products to make himself feel better about his own choice. It seems clear that there are advantages and disadvantages to both the GS300/430 and M35/45. Hell, you could compare the GS300/430 to the Hyundai XG350L and make rational pros and cons to each.

But if the only way you can make yourself feel better about your own purchase is to put down others, then that's pretty sad.
Old 08-16-05, 04:28 PM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Iceman
It is only the shallow, immature, insecure man who needs to bash other products to make himself feel better about his own choice. It seems clear that there are advantages and disadvantages to both the GS300/430 and M35/45. Hell, you could compare the GS300/430 to the Hyundai XG350L and make rational pros and cons to each.

But if the only way you can make yourself feel better about your own purchase is to put down others, then that's pretty sad.
Oh so true.
Old 08-16-05, 04:44 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Iceman

hmmmm

you have to read all the M35/45 threads before you say that
Old 08-16-05, 04:45 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexmex
Not too long ago, one of the local newspapers in Mexico City ran a poll to see which car people would prefer, Acura, Lexus or Infinity. Lexus won by a huge margin, followed by Acura or Infinity.

Quite funny considering Infinity has been here for over 10 years, Acura just got here in December and Lexus is nowhere to be found.
That's cool!! Hopefully more Lexus cars will make it to Mexico soon!
Old 08-16-05, 04:50 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by skpark70
Just ask general public which car would you rather have Lexus or Infinity....
Enough said...

I don't buy a car for IMAGE.
Old 08-16-05, 04:52 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lkirchner

you have to understand that most of these mags are drivers who write reviews based on their driving experience which entails mostly performance.

lets get this straight and out in the open, we all know that LEXUS has never really pursued the performance end of the spectrum as it only attracts a small margin of buyers. Lexus's greatest attribute has to be it's refinement. The Interior.... best hands down in my opinion, although I tend to like the styling cues of the german interiors a bit more, but as far as comfort and quality.... I truly believe Lexus has them beat.

let those guys be.... their ignorance will keep going and when they learn more they'll just quietly shut up. People who know what they got, have nothing to prove so why bother. I said it since my first test drive to now, their line is poorly made for the long run. I'll laugh when I see their resale value.

btw... infiniti or lexus..... i'd rather drive a Lexus and I bet I get a whole lot more eyeballs steaming me down also
Old 08-16-05, 04:53 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gs430jw
I had to jump in here after reading the Nissan Forum I'll take on any M45 out there especially in the looks department. I always get them confused on the road, can't tell if that’s an Altima or a M45. . Also come talk to me when you guys put some miles on the Altima, sorry M45
The M45 has less look-a-likes compared to your car. It doesn't even LOOK like a Altima, Maxima, etc. Your car on the other hand looks like everything else in its brand Lexus and Toyota.

Quick Reply: Lexus is afraid of the M35/M45 (because Jesus himself said he has one)