Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus is afraid of the M35/M45 (because Jesus himself said he has one)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-05, 04:54 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KVA
...more @$$hats that can't tell the difference between an Altima and an M...Obviously these people haven't driven a Lexus and can't take it for what it worth...and they have the intelligence to state that they do not understand the logic of Toyota & Lexus...lol...what do they think Nissan & Infiniti are...?

And Infiniti service...what a joke...I could only dream of the day their service was near the level Lexus provides overall. I mean...it's not like you bought a Nissan is it?

Hmmm Lexus was a hair better than my Infiniti service. They are very alike. You obviously haven't tried it.

But it also depends on the dealer as well.
Old 08-16-05, 04:59 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Hmmm Lexus was a hair better than my Infiniti service. They are very alike. You obviously haven't tried it.

But it also depends on the dealer as well.
I have to agree, it depends on the dealer.... my exgf was looking for the G35c and every single Infiniti dealership I went to was totall a$$hats..... but i've heard good stuff from other members I know that also own infiniti's.... but thats not to say i've never gotten bad service at a Lexus dealership. I only go to 2 dealerships in SOCAL as I know they always take care of me.
Old 08-16-05, 05:05 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

The M45 has less look-a-likes compared to your car. It doesn't even LOOK like a Altima, Maxima, etc. Your car on the other hand looks like everything else in its brand Lexus and Toyota.
and that my friend is a smart move.... its callled a styling cue. Something that progresses thru its blood line, key word "progress"

Infiniti comes up w/ total revamps b/c nothing has really stuck to its branding, they haven't yet found their niche in the spectrum. I'm not trying to blast it but it's something Lexus was trying to define also until recently Lexus has made a name for its self...... refinement. I work in the automotive industry and we get tons of sponsors offering to jump on board..... we hear these pitches often and Inifiniti definitely knows it needs to carve its character in the spectrum which is why they're so hard up on it's imaging now while others aren't too concerned anymore.
Old 08-16-05, 05:25 PM
V8_MPG
Pole Position

The M45 is based on Japan's Nissan Gloria which is the most widely used taxi cabs in Japan. My dad's friend who has a Q45 took a ride in my GS400 and said that Infiniti and Acura will never beat the luxury status of Lexus. Yea the M45 has 340hp and good handling but a good engine and handling doesn't make a good luxury car.

The M45 has less look alikes? Yeah in the Infiniti lines but it looks like a Buick to me.
Old 08-16-05, 05:29 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by melvz
The M45 is based on Japan's Nissan Gloria which is the most widely used taxi cabs in Japan. My dad's friend who has a Q45 took a ride in my GS400 and said that Infiniti and Acura will never beat the luxury status of Lexus. Yea the M45 has 340hp and good handling but a good engine and handling doesn't make a good luxury car.

The M45 has less look alikes? Yeah in the Infiniti lines but it looks like a Buick to me.
Umm no it is not based on that.
Old 08-16-05, 05:32 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by melvz

I do find it cute some think the GS is a big Camry. the GS has always been platform specific. The M35/45 is a Nissan Fuga, badged as an Infiniti. It has to look like a Nissan, b/c it is a Nissan.
This car is also based off the FM platform, which is the 350Z/FX/G35 platform.

So its REALLY funny to see how they try to make fun about something they know nothing about and their car IS in fact based on a car costing 1/2 as much.

Old 08-16-05, 05:33 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Umm no it is not based on that.
Is it based ot the "FUga"

which was the "gloria "
Old 08-16-05, 05:38 PM
V8_MPG
Pole Position

What TLW said.
Old 08-16-05, 05:39 PM
LexFather

The M45 has less look-a-likes compared to your car. It doesn't even LOOK like a Altima, Maxima, etc. Your car on the other hand looks like everything else in its brand Lexus and Toyota.
Get this through your skull. Nissan BLATANTLY ripped of the 2nd generation GS styling and made EVERY last sedan of theirs, look like something Lexus came to the market with 8 years ago.

Everyone copies, Lexus copies, Benz copies, everyone copies.

If you don't think the M45 looks like a
Passat
Altima
G35
Maxima
A6
GS 300/430

You need glasses. You have a lot of AUDACITY to come here, and tell a member, his car (3GS) looks like everything from Lexus/Toyota.

How could u make such a ridiculous comment? The 3GS is the FIRST car based on a DESIGN philiosophy called "L-Finesse". Its designed to be a Lexus, period.

The M35/45, is nothing more, than a Nissan Fuga with Infiniti badges.

Lexus has continued to seperate itself from Toyota. This is clear. Infiniti are still Nissans with badges.

The 2 companies approaches today are totally different and have ALWAYS been different.

This is not something to argue. These are FACTS. I am not putting the car or brand down. They have made tremendous strides recently. The M35/45 is a sensational car. Its selling well. The reviews are solid. Its an excellent car.

Old 08-16-05, 05:48 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I agree with the title....

I'm glad that Lexus is afraid of the Infiniti( hey, I did spell it right this time..lol).

Why? Well, Lexus is on top of almost every chart for a long time and they may let their guards down a little bit. Now, here comes the Infinity M, the BMW, the new MB and everything else that will kick Lexus's luxury butt.

Back in 1989 when Lexus was introduced to the world, they raised the bar of luxury, reliability and customer's services. Fifteen years later, everybody else is raising the bar against Lexus. So, Lexus have to go one step farther and work harder to gain it's #1 luxury brand in U.S or at least stay in #1. Believe it or not, Lexus had been talking about this problem back in 2000 and how to prevent it and how to stay on top. They know one day Infinity, Acura and everybody else with take turn to kick thier butts and they're right( that was 5 years ago). Lexus see this is coming...

Now, they launch the new GS with the same hp/tq, but the engine and transmission is bulletproof from the previous GS430 and the 6 spd trans from the LS430. Now, they can concentrate on the small details such as rattle, noise, brake noise, wind noise or some thing really small. After they get all the bugs out, next year we will see the GS350, the GS450h and then the GS460. Your're talking about 3 choice of engine, config. and power.

I know Lexus is afraid of every car manufacturers....and they do. That's why in the next few years you will see Lexus coming out with new model almost every six months

This is how the car mags comparison start from April of 2005:

April/2005: Lexus GS430 vs M45.

Early 2006 Lexus GS350 vs M35.

May 2006 Lexus GS450h vs...none

Sept/2006 Lexus GS460 vs..?

In between you can fill in the RX400h, the new IS250/350, the new ES350, the new GS in between, the new LS short or long wheel bed, and the new SUV's. The LF-A is a rumor, but who knows.

I'm talking about a company that's afraid of their competitions....

Last edited by VVT-i; 08-16-05 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-16-05, 05:49 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Mike is correct about the 3rd Gen GS. The First 2 generation GS models were essentially Toyota Aristo-based but the current new one is designed MUCH more specifically to be a Lexus. I have test-driven it myself...and I can tell you that it drives like NO other standard Toyota product. My only real complaint with it was the unnecessary pull-down tray on the lower-left dash for the mirror controls that hits your left knee.
Old 08-16-05, 05:52 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

somebody post some pics of the cars please of thesecars and their counterparts
Old 08-16-05, 05:53 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

As usual, talking non-sense Lexus BIAS owner. If Lexus was so different, how come the ES330 / Camry, or the Toyota SUV is the Lexus full size SUV. The Rx330 / Highlander. LOL ok they are so different!! And Lexus are still Toyotas with Lexus badges. Fact sure, no just your opinion.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Get this through your skull. Nissan BLATANTLY ripped of the 2nd generation GS styling and made EVERY last sedan of theirs, look like something Lexus came to the market with 8 years ago.

Everyone copies, Lexus copies, Benz copies, everyone copies.

If you don't think the M45 looks like a
Passat
Altima
G35
Maxima
A6
GS 300/430

You need glasses. You have a lot of AUDACITY to come here, and tell a member, his car (3GS) looks like everything from Lexus/Toyota.

How could u make such a ridiculous comment? The 3GS is the FIRST car based on a DESIGN philiosophy called "L-Finesse". Its designed to be a Lexus, period.

The M35/45, is nothing more, than a Nissan Fuga with Infiniti badges.

Lexus has continued to seperate itself from Toyota. This is clear. Infiniti are still Nissans with badges.

The 2 companies approaches today are totally different and have ALWAYS been different.

This is not something to argue. These are FACTS. I am not putting the car or brand down. They have made tremendous strides recently. The M35/45 is a sensational car. Its selling well. The reviews are solid. Its an excellent car.

Last edited by KrazyLexus; 08-16-05 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-16-05, 05:57 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DjFergi
I think the M45 is an awesome car. It will surely out handle a stock GS hands down. However, I'm sure with some mods the GS would be a worthy opponent.

The GS is and will always be a luxury vehicle, not sport luxury. Lexus is simply put, luxurious. I love my GS and wouldn't trade the car in for anything.

I also love the M45 though. I think the car is a beast as far as the drive train and suspension goes. I would love to own one.

Some people are just biased and it is a very sad thing.

Either way, the M and the GS are both phenomenal(sp?) vehicles for each class they fall into.
You're right, it will definitely outhandle a stock GS430, I guess that explains why through the slaloms the GS is about as fast as the M 45

It also explains why the M runs out of steam on the highway faster than the GS does

The M is a good car from Infiniti ... it's not my style, but still a good car .... I just have problems with people making claims that are unjustified.

The new Gs chassis a great chassis ....and a lot of 2GS owners have commented on how exceptional the chassis really is in test drives. Also remember the new IS uses the GS chassis, and early reviews have called the IS's handling best in class or near best.

The GS may not FEEL like it handles good, but objective measures like slalom times do indeed prove a GS can keep up with the M .... after all it's the objective measures in the end that count, not subjective opinions
Old 08-16-05, 06:02 PM
LexFather

As usual, talking non-sense Lexus BIAS owner. If Lexus was so different, how come the ES330 / Camry, or the Toyota SUV is the Lexus full size SUV. The Rx330 / Highlander. LOL ok they are so different!! And Lexus are still Toyotas with Lexus badges. Fact sure, no just your opinion.
I am not playing around anymore. If you just want to come here and argue and not READ what people say, your stay will get shorter.
READ WHAT I SAID
The 3GS is the FIRST car based on a DESIGN philiosophy called "L-Finesse". Its designed to be a Lexus, period.

Since the GS came out in 2005, and its the FIRST LEXUS that is now all LEXUS, OF COURSE the other cars/SUVs will still be offered as Toyotas. THEY ARE OLD.
The GS is the First, the IS is the 2nd and so on.

How could u MISS that point. INSTEAD, you come in here with this and stating something WE ALREADY KNOW.

READ what people say. STOP jumping to conclusions people are bashing and "hating" on something. STOP skimming through posts, only picking things to debate.

However, looking at the link, provided to us, I guess, its not surprising.....

Quick Reply: Lexus is afraid of the M35/M45 (because Jesus himself said he has one)