Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Bling Bling!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-05, 07:20 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bling Bling!!!

It's a silver car made for an arab sheik, not the color silver but MADE OF SILVER. I wonder how much this car weighs. Can you imagine a GS?

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41ab6...B0JBDBHCTEDkLE
Attached Thumbnails Bling Bling!!!-pic23977.jpg  
Old 08-18-05, 07:37 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting .........I've seen a a SL55 like that a yr ago. It definitely stands out. I think it was all chrome.
Old 08-18-05, 07:50 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by LexLaw
Interesting .........I've seen a a SL55 like that a yr ago. It definitely stands out. I think it was all chrome.
That's a Mercedes calender with the chrome mercedes, they have a chrome E class too . . .
Old 08-18-05, 07:51 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
It's a silver car made for an arab sheik, not the color silver but MADE OF SILVER. I wonder how much this car weighs. Can you imagine a GS?

[url]http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41ab690ez769dfbd3/ced3/__sr_/4f78.jpg?phB
Bad Gateway
The following error occurred:
[code=DNS_HOST_NOT_FOUND] The host name was not found during the DNS lookup. Contact your system administrator if the problem is not found by retrying the URL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator.
Old 08-18-05, 07:56 AM
Chigga
Lead Lap

its not silver, its chrome paint, there are paint now days are chrome, you don't have to plate the individual panels, you just spray them on.
Old 08-18-05, 07:57 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 360 Likes on 249 Posts

your link is broken, what kind of car is that? Looks like an A8?
Attached Images  

Last edited by np20412; 08-18-05 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-18-05, 07:58 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks chopped. Either that or the camber of the rear wheels are set with neg camber and the front are normal.
Old 08-18-05, 08:41 AM
Milla...

Ahhhh no, look at my caaarrr. Meh it looks nasty.
Old 08-18-05, 09:03 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Either way it is ugly.
Old 08-18-05, 09:04 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Silver is one of the softest metals out there. A car made of silver is gonna be very fragile. Don't think the sheik would like that.

I agree it's more probably just a chrome-painted car. But then again, it's Arab. Anything is possible there.
Old 08-18-05, 09:13 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Where's the photographer's reflection..?
Old 08-18-05, 09:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Silver is one of the softest metals out there. A car made of silver is gonna be very fragile. Don't think the sheik would like that.

I agree it's more probably just a chrome-painted car. But then again, it's Arab. Anything is possible there.
yeah that's what i was going to ask. silver is hella soft, i am not sure if you actually want to make a car out of it.

chroming the panels would probably make more sense

but still either case it's not my taste
Old 08-18-05, 10:37 AM
Chigga
Lead Lap

damn it, no one reads my post.

its real, look the reflection of the dude's head on the far upper right corner of the hood. The car was painted chrome, not plated, not silver, but painted chrome, there are lots of stupid show cars out there are painted chrome, if you going to plate each panel chrome, might as well make the car out of gold cause its gonna weight a lot.
Old 08-18-05, 10:44 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Guys, please do some research before you post. The A8 is an alluminium car. This car was made by MTM in Germany for the said sheik.
They removed all the paint and pollished the Alluminium underneath to get the bling look.
Old 08-18-05, 11:51 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good Job Ritchie, I was going to end the suspense and follow up with what is truly is but everyone had their own belief and consipiracy theories that I just wanted to see how far it would go.

Here's the actual write up of the car:

In Dubai the mtm Audi A8 polished was the eye-catcher. The car was analysed and in many studies the enamel varnish of the aluminium car body was removed. Furthermore the car was cleaned. After that, the car body was poslihed with fine abrasive paper as well as special polishes to high gloss. The blank dress must not have any defects, because of the fact that retouching was not possible. Finaly the car was protected with special clear varnish against enivornmental impacts.
Because of the fact that it is impossible to polish plastic parts like front- and rearspoiler, mirror house, side sillboard or also fuel tank cap, they were enameled in a complex way to get a chrom effect. Finaly they were polished with clear varnish.

Optics:
For the new top model of the Audi family we developed a discreet aerodynamic package for better output. The front- and rearspoiler is available in different materials like Carbon, aluminium vaporized or to enamel in the current car-color. In the interieur there are entrance strips as well as door mats with mtm logo available. A steering wheel can be ordered soon. The kingly leather accouterment can be worked over in the way you want to get a kingly ambiance in the car. The offer of interieur parts are rounded off by changed instruments scales - the speed indicator can show more than 300 km/h.

Engine:
Between the cylinder heads of the 4,2 litres V8-aggregate a compressor is put. Thus a performance of ca. 450hp and a torque of 530 Nm is reached which is leading to excellent driving performance.

Suspension:
The air-spring-chassis was modified, so that a programming of speed dependent heights is possible.

Wheels:
The 9,5x19" mtm-bimoto rims are SLC coated and snuggle excellent to the high gloss polished blank dress of the luxury car.

Quick Reply: Bling Bling!!!