Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

JIC-Magic USA wants to know what you guys want!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-05, 11:05 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about a single exhaust for JZ-chassis SCs (Soarers) ?

I've never heard a dual system that I actually thought sounded nice, and the cost is way too much on dual exhaust systems. I'd just as soon get a single exhaust for a MKIV Supra (JZA80) and have it extended to fit (plus custom mounts). Why not save the work? I think there'd be more single SCs out there if there was a system offered that had 3" mandrel bends in SUS304 and a nice muffler and mounted up without any hassle. And even a 4" for the boosted SCs
Old 08-21-05, 01:15 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

I'll take a camber kit.... and maybe some LED silhouette lighting w/ reasonable prices.
Old 08-21-05, 02:45 PM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UptownGS
I'll take a camber kit.... and maybe some LED silhouette lighting w/ reasonable prices.
thats what i am talking about. we need a camber kit bad for the second gen..............
Old 08-21-05, 02:51 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DavE713
how about more parts for the sc3/4 like someone said the sc has gotten alot cheaper so more and more people are getting into it...look at the for sale forums i would say about 3/5th of the page people are looking for and selling there sc...and THIS!!!!....we want a REAR windshield spoiler!!!!!!!
But better..AND I WILL BUY IT.
Old 08-22-05, 12:20 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Yukio, since JIC carries alot of suspension components. Camber kit for the IS would be great.
Old 08-22-05, 08:00 AM
Leets
Lexus Champion

What I want is a reasonable response to all the complaints that I've heard about JIC and its products. Why do the exhausts have a reputation as falling apart? Why is the customer service department regarded as one of the worst around? And, with all this negative reputation, why does JIC still demand such a high premium above several of the highly reputable Japanese brands? I'm just hoping for a suitable resolution to all the "horror stories" that I've heard.
Old 08-22-05, 10:17 AM
yukio@jic-
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Leets
What I want is a reasonable response to all the complaints that I've heard about JIC and its products. Why do the exhausts have a reputation as falling apart? Why is the customer service department regarded as one of the worst around? And, with all this negative reputation, why does JIC still demand such a high premium above several of the highly reputable Japanese brands? I'm just hoping for a suitable resolution to all the "horror stories" that I've heard.
Answer to your first question: The owner(s) of the products do not maintain and clean their products. Most people think that they just slap on the products, drive off, and don't worry about keeping the products in good working order. That is the most improper way of keeping a product in working order. If you buy a car, do you just put fuel in it and drive off, totally neglecting changing oil, doing alignments, and keeping it clean? No. That is why we suggest that you do routine maintanance about once or twice a month to make sure things are working right. Some of the repairs or complaints that we get, we review the pictures and the product is in HORRIBLE shape with obvious neglect. Take care of the part and the part will take care of you.

Answer the Second question: Please tell me specific examples in PM and will see if I can give you an answer.

Answer to the 3rd question: Well you want to know the horrible truth? A lot of the Japanese "manufacturers" outsource their assembly in China or other places than Japan. Thus keeping prices down. JIC Prides oursevles in being assembled, developed, and shipped out of Japan. Ask around about other companies.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. Thanks.
Old 08-22-05, 11:36 AM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Some camber plates.. Please.. camber plates!
Old 08-22-05, 01:54 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Dear JIC,

Although the SC300/400 is not made anymore, the Supra conversion junkies are picking up on the SC at a highly impresive growing rate. With the vehicles becoming inexpensive, the extra cash is there for aftermarket.

I ask that you remember this when deciding which vehicles to produce aftermarket parts for. Although the newer vehicles are in the spotlight for the simple fact they are in current production, the SC 300/400 shares not only it's following, but the crossovers from the Supra crowd which are highly regarded as the most aggressive tuners in street tuning. For this reason you have the position to tap a highly active, and commonly overlooked market.

Thanks
There is tremendous wisdom in this post.
Old 08-22-05, 03:28 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Dear JIC,

Although the SC300/400 is not made anymore, the Supra conversion junkies are picking up on the SC at a highly impresive growing rate. With the vehicles becoming inexpensive, the extra cash is there for aftermarket.

I ask that you remember this when deciding which vehicles to produce aftermarket parts for. Although the newer vehicles are in the spotlight for the simple fact they are in current production, the SC 300/400 shares not only it's following, but the crossovers from the Supra crowd which are highly regarded as the most aggressive tuners in street tuning. For this reason you have the position to tap a highly active, and commonly overlooked market.

Thanks
Werd!

Yeah,
A lot of good items suggested here....

A CF or Fiberglass front lip for the 97+ SC would be cool....as would a bolt -on mandrel bent single exhaust system for the V8's...

What about harness bars? That would be nice....
Old 08-22-05, 03:36 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

im sure you would make tons of sales with 97+ bumper lips.. please don't make them fiberglass though
Old 08-22-05, 04:11 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by yukio@jic-
If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. Thanks.
Thanks for the excellent feedback. PM sent.
Old 08-24-05, 12:02 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Leets
Why do the exhausts have a reputation as falling apart? .

exhausts fall apart!? how???
Old 08-24-05, 04:56 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

hey JIC im actually building another 1st GEN GS so if u guys have any body kits and exhaust (3inch) and looking forward to see what other applications u would have available.
Old 08-25-05, 08:16 AM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CarlssonLS400
exhausts fall apart!? how???
The one I saw personally was due to poor welds.