Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Thinking about buying a Prius

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-05, 12:22 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by omaha_lex
I'd be all over a Prius if they offered leather seats and a sunroof... I just can't give up those comforts that I have in my ES.

And regarding the "sticker"... I've never been to CA and therefore haven't experienced its traffic, but why are you all complaining about the possibility of not being able to drive in the carpool lane(s) that are intended to be used by those that are CARPOOLING???
In California traffic REALLY sucks. If you have a qualifying hybrid, the DMV has a certain number of stickers they are distributing which allows you to drive in a carpool lane by yourself. This is a tremendous time saver. Just like how motorcycles can cruise in the carpool lane. Trust me on this, it's a good thing!
Old 08-24-05, 12:24 AM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by omaha_lex
I'd be all over a Prius if they offered leather seats and a sunroof... I just can't give up those comforts that I have in my ES.

And regarding the "sticker"... I've never been to CA and therefore haven't experienced its traffic, but why are you all complaining about the possibility of not being able to drive in the carpool lane(s) that are intended to be used by those that are CARPOOLING???
because getting to use it will save hrs of traffic time
Old 08-24-05, 12:32 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
The Prius is a great car! It's really roomy on the inside. Pretty good pick up as well. You can get the Smart Key and 4th generation navigation, just like on our beloved LS430. I would forgo the tax credit for a car pool lane sticker anyday. I hate sitting in bumper to bumper traffic. In fact, I'd probably PAY money to be able to drive down a carpool lane by myself.

Let's hear it for a GROUP BUY from Elizabeth on the Prius.

INDGOGRL's commute sucks even for being up here in NorCal.

She would be quite interested in a Prius if she can use it in the car pool lane. We have car pool lanes on our expressways as well, so we see much more possible uses than just on the freeway, plus all that gas savings will allow more money for mods on the IS.

Lastly, she will be able to keep the milage down on the IS, but don't tell flipside909.

We'll never hear the end of it.

Last question, what 's this I hear about mods available for the Prius ??

I'd like to start a thread called: "MY Prius Story"
Old 08-24-05, 12:39 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

LOL. Too bad I'm not connected to Toyota dealership anymore. I can only arrange Lexus group buys now.

I'm going to call Ryan right now and tell him you're getting a Prius, he's going to be mad!

And what else could you possibly do to the IS? It's perfect the way it is now, gosh darn it!

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Let's hear it for a GROUP BUY from Elizabeth on the Prius.

INDGOGRL's commute sucks even for being up here in NorCal.

She would be quite interested in a Prius if she can use it in the car pool lane. We have car pool lanes on our expressways as well, so we see much more possible uses than just on the freeway, plus all that gas savings will allow more money for mods on the IS.

Lastly, she will be able to keep the milage down on the IS, but don't tell flipside909.

We'll never hear the end of it.

Last question, what 's this I hear about mods available for the Prius ??

I'd like to start a thread called: "MY Prius Story"
Old 08-24-05, 12:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

glen, we have 3 people on the list for prius already, with you that's 4 we demand a group buy liz!!
Old 08-24-05, 12:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
LOL. Too bad I'm not connected to Toyota dealership anymore. I can only arrange Lexus group buys now.

I'm going to call Ryan right now and tell him you're getting a Prius, he's going to be mad!

And what else could you possibly do to the IS? It's perfect the way it is now, gosh darn it!
no more toyota hookups? come on this is unreal.... i am so spoiled i don't know how to negotiate anymore.....

any toyota sales here on the forum? a GB will work i think
Old 08-24-05, 12:51 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by rominl
no more toyota hookups? come on this is unreal.... i am so spoiled i don't know how to negotiate anymore.....

any toyota sales here on the forum? a GB will work i think

Get the idea we're not joking ??

Sam at Premier Mobile drives a Prius to do his installs and he has a complete hood wrap of clear bra on it.

OK the first mod has been identified !

Now what mod to do for day #2?

Hmmmmmm
Old 08-24-05, 12:54 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are times when I drive in SoCal and I see the traffic at a stand still, I also see the toll lanes open. Man, if you don't want to just sit there and want to get home sooner, paying that extra $2+ (depending on which toll road/lane) is worth it.

As for the carpool lanes, it does help sometimes and if you can squeeze onto it with this sticker, it will save a lot of commute time. I have, however, seen times when the carpool lane is also backed up.
Old 08-24-05, 12:55 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Now what mod to do for day #2?
Don't you mean hour 2? You're the fastest mod in the west!
Old 08-24-05, 01:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

mod 2 for me is lowering, and mod 3 is wheels. how about that
Old 08-24-05, 01:11 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by Neo
There are times when I drive in SoCal and I see the traffic at a stand still, I also see the toll lanes open. Man, if you don't want to just sit there and want to get home sooner, paying that extra $2+ (depending on which toll road/lane) is worth it.

As for the carpool lanes, it does help sometimes and if you can squeeze onto it with this sticker, it will save a lot of commute time. I have, however, seen times when the carpool lane is also backed up.
Only while driving the 210 a couple of weeks ago, did I realize that the car pool lane in LA is effective 24hours and weekends included too? Wow that was news to me. Up here in NorCal, I'm so used to rush hour use only.

Now that the freeway nearest my home has had the overpass construction completed. It is now the second interchange in NorCal to have a dedicated car pool lane to car pool lane overpass. No more getting in the car pool line and then switching across lanes when transitioning from one freeway to another.

This new interchange is a good indicator of the traffic situation becoming more and more like SoCal.

I see a hybrid in our future.
Old 08-24-05, 01:13 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
mod 2 for me is lowering, and mod 3 is wheels. how about that
i think the Prius would look good on a set of Work or iForged wheels.

now if Wald or Junction Produce make body kits for them...
Old 08-24-05, 01:32 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

i sware, around Berkeley, I see a lot more Prius than Honda Civics and Toyota Corollas combined. Every other Prof. has it, and i think it's such a trend here.
Old 08-24-05, 01:33 AM
Neo
The One

Only while driving the 210 a couple of weeks ago, did I realize that the car pool lane in LA is effective 24hours and weekends included too? Wow that was news to me. Up here in NorCal, I'm so used to rush hour use only.
Yeah and there are entrance/exit areas too. If you don't know the areas that well, you can get "stuck" on in the carpool lane as your exit approaches. I also noticed that parts of toll roads have a hierarchy too. I saw a "carpool" lane within the toll road too so if you pay and have the required number of passengers, there is an additional benefit.

Now that the freeway nearest my home has had the overpass construction completed. It is now the second interchange in NorCal to have a dedicated car pool lane to car pool lane overpass. No more getting in the car pool line and then switching across lanes when transitioning from one freeway to another.
I saw that on my way home from your place a few weeks ago.
Old 08-24-05, 01:35 AM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by DC52E55
i sware, around Berkeley, I see a lot more Prius than Honda Civics and Toyota Corollas combined. Every other Prof. has it, and i think it's such a trend here.
It is probably also easier to park a Prius in Berkeley vs some big sedan/minivan/truck/SUV/...

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying a Prius