Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus TD Event - Taste of Lexus Performance Edition

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-05, 05:11 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good news. I was on the waiting list, but I got a confirmation. Try calling. They are very accommodating.
Old 09-13-05, 08:31 PM
kb2yza
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW will have to call them I have been on the waitlist for 2 - 3 weeks or more with no response.
Old 09-13-05, 08:54 PM
GSspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexRexBlue
Good news. I was on the waiting list, but I got a confirmation. Try calling. They are very accommodating.

do u have the number, or is it the one on the email that they sent us
Old 09-14-05, 05:49 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

It is the phone number to register at the event. 1(866)-LEXUS-64
Good luck!
Old 09-17-05, 07:31 PM
kb2yza
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pix

Awesome Event took some photos and posted some up here at:

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...y.php/cat/3389
They seem to have mixed themselves so it is a bit back and forth.

Enjoy

--Peter
Old 09-18-05, 07:38 AM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Did any of you attend last year's Taste of Luxury? I LOVED it because I could drive all the cars and the competition. Food was great, etc.
I suppose this one's focus was more on performance. I was really disappointed with the driving courses that were too short, lack of many competitor cars, and the general average courses. For instance, last year they actually built up mountains, threw out obstacles, put you on a real race course with banked turns, etc. This year there was virtually no competition. They did run demos, but anyone could guess you could put a prof driver in the Lexus and a not so professional in the competiton.
Food wasn't nearly as good, those little square plates were a little silly, too,
The stations for driving weren't as well staffed so people waited a lot longer because there was nobody to direct them to the cars, etc.
Even the directions to get there were subpar. I ended up using the navigation system in my car.
I understand last year's cars were provided by a company. This year's Lexus' were brand new and provided by Lexus so they weren't broken in.
Did I still enjoy it, yes, because I really wanted to drive the ISes. I drove the GSes also but if I had pushed could have done that at the dealer. I own a 400h but drove one to really push the limits and I didn't want to try it on my own car. Now I know why I had to wait so long for a blue RX400h!
I don't know how to post the pics, but I have examples of the mountains they built last year.
I guess I'm getting spoiled? Or did others who attended both notice that this one seemed like a cheaper production from last year.
Old 09-29-05, 02:52 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Folks in Houston, Miami and Chicago be sure to check out this thread for a special event for our members.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180674
Old 10-17-05, 07:28 PM
LexFather

Its in ATL this weekend, SELOC is going together with some of our fellow car clubs.We are taking vids. I hope I don't get kicked out

Old 10-23-05, 10:27 AM
MarkW2005

I've signed up for Lexus TD event in Dodger Stadium! But the problem I didn't get a confirmation for the date and time slot that I selected for the event.
Old 11-05-05, 12:38 PM
LexFather

This is the last weekend for this spectucular event. Thanks LEXUS and to all CL members who posted pics and their thoughts

Old 11-05-05, 10:51 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Hate to say this but I wasn't too impressed with Taste of Lexus this year at Dodger Stadium today. In comparison to years past events...the amount of vehicles was to little for the many people that were there. The lines were long and the food was cutback to just gourmet snacks. The Taste of Luxury the year before and the previous invite only Lexus events were worth going to. Can't really say the same for the experience I had today. I hope Lexus doesn't make this mistake again next year.
Old 11-06-05, 10:31 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by flipside909
Hate to say this but I wasn't too impressed with Taste of Lexus this year at Dodger Stadium today. In comparison to years past events...the amount of vehicles was to little for the many people that were there. The lines were long and the food was cutback to just gourmet snacks. The Taste of Luxury the year before and the previous invite only Lexus events were worth going to. Can't really say the same for the experience I had today. I hope Lexus doesn't make this mistake again next year.
I agree it was "less" of an event but in retrospect it must cost tens of millions to hold it and no one else even brings the competiton.

Lexus in this case again is a victim of its own success. Word spread of the event like wildfire so there were TONS more people in Atlanta as well.

Maybe they'll make one for Lexus owners and one for the general public?

Old 11-06-05, 02:36 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I went yesteerday with Flipside and Mikeloc24. While there we ran into JoeZ from My.IS. The food was finger foods/snacks set up at various tables in the main tent. There were mini egg rolls (good), a mysterious fish cake (not good), spinach crescents (awful), fruit, bruschetta (salsa on top of crusty bread), various desserts. The best was they had Fiji water, which is my favorite so I drank about 3 bottles while there.

The lines were long. The IS350 line was longest so we decided to wait in the slightly shorter IS250 line because I really wanted to test drive the car I am considering next. Mikeloc was next to us in a even shorter line for BMW 3series. Mikeloc wanted to drive that so I jumped in as a passenger. When we came back, Flipside, Mikeloc and I jumped in to a 250, which I drove, but it was AWD. After coming back JoeZ was in the 350 so we jumped in that one with him. lol..we got a lot accomplished in one line wait.

I have to say the BMW performed the best, but nothing beats the Lexus interior and reliability.
The BMW handled well through the cones, but the Lexus had a bit of fishtail.

After that we got a goodie bag, Paul McCartney cd, Zagut guide for US wrapped in a beautiful leather cover, and something else also wrapped in leather cover but I can't remember because I accidentally left mine in the back of Mikeloc's SC! lol so Mike, if you are reading this I'm going to call you this week so I can swing by your house to pick it up!

Overall, this drive was less than what I expected and less than some great ones I've attended in the past. I'm okay with lack of food, but they should have had some more competitors cars out there. But all in all, it was worth the 2 hours I spent there.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 11-06-05 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-06-05, 04:17 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

i just got back from dodger stadium. i preferred the is250 awd over the is350 and bmw 330 for handling. i was able to fly through all the turns and the car was beeping and screeching the whole time through the turns. still, i felt that i was in control of the car the entire time.

i felt like i couldn't go into turns as fast with the 330. in fact, i took out a few cones with the 330...good thing i wasn't caught!

Last edited by howiedoit; 11-06-05 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-06-05, 04:47 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Went to Dodger Stadium this weekend, having attended Taste of Luxury last year and enjoyed it. Coming in, I knew it was not totally the same--I caught the website line 'competitors only for IS and GS'...so I wasn't surprised except that there was no C-class, only the 3-series for the IS and no other nameplates.

All in all, it was good, if not up to the lofty standards of last year. This year was more casual, but had pluses such as the golf workshops, massage stations, and all-you-can-eat (even if it was just small snack items). I liked the gifts too at the end, they were much better.

If only they had last year's event with this year's added refinements AND the big stars, 2 IS and 3 GS!!! But who am I kidding here, it was free and it was fun, plus high quality to boot. Kinda like being at Disneyland. Lines weren't as long as I feared, and the cars were fun to drive. I found the IS truly gorgeous in person, and the GS is fantastic as well. The RX 400h was quite nice too.

Also saw some ClubLexus license plates in the lot...now who were those?