Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

VW Cabriolet Spy Photo's

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-05, 04:34 PM
GS Kid 300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dunno why but... I give VW a big
Old 08-24-05, 06:01 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Looks like a Geo Metro...
Old 08-24-05, 06:45 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by adidosc
maybe this will help to shed the "women only" stereotype the car has now.
What " women-only " stereotype? That's nonsense. Anybody laughs or scorns at me in a VW will get a good view of my middle finger. There was (and is) no reason whatsoever why males cannot drive VW Beetles and Cabrios. Those who think otherwise are only fooling themselves.....and missing out on some convertible fun.

Now...granted.....I generally don't recommend VW purchases, but that has more to do with reliability and lousy electronics then any gender issue.

Now...the thread topic...the spy shot. I wouldn't really call this a Cabriolet. Cabrios are usually associated more with soft-tops. This is obviously a retractable hardtop.....and has advantages that soft-tops don't, especially in weathersealing.

Last edited by mmarshall; 08-24-05 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-24-05, 06:47 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheRupp
. The new Passat and the new Jetta are definitely more masculine-oriented styling.

See my post above. There was nothing UN-masculine about the last ones.
Old 08-24-05, 07:57 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall
What " women-only " stereotype? That's nonsense. Anybody laughs or scorns at me in a VW will get a good view of my middle finger. There was (and is) no reason whatsoever why males cannot drive VW Beetles and Cabrios. Those who think otherwise are only fooling themselves.....and missing out on some convertible fun.
i certainly wasn't disagreeing with you there. i was commenting on the fact that most people see the cabriolet as a girl's car, therefore giving it that stereotype. i have no problems with anybody driving whatever they want... guy, girl, dog, doesn't matter to me. i was, however, just commenting that there are a lot of people who see it as a girl's car, and to those people i hope this can change their mind. sorry if there was some confusion.
Old 08-24-05, 09:36 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
See my post above. There was nothing UN-masculine about the last ones.
i know a kid who drives around in a drop-top Rabbit, which was the predecessor to the Cabby. I wouldn't want to be seen in a Beetle, but I wouldn't turn down the chance to drive a modded 1.8T Beetle...
Old 08-26-05, 07:43 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts
Default New Volkswagen Cabriolet-Coupé is called Eos

Text & photos courtesy VW AG
08-26-2005

The name of the new Volkswagen cabriolet-coupé has been chosen: Eos – goddess of the dawn.

The name Eos refers to the Greek goddess of the dawn and evokes associations with an idealised cabriolet driving situation – in the early minutes of a summer day. Phonetically, Eos is a quick, clear name which is easy to say all over the world.

The Eos concept continues to draw on Greek mythology. If you believe the Greek myth, the goddess Eos rose with her chariot from the depths of the sea to bring the people daylight every morning. Eos is also the mother of the wind and of the evening and morning star. Dawn, wind, stars – this all fits in perfectly with driving a fascinating cabriolet.

The Eos body concept was not derived from a closed-top model, it was developed as an independent cabriolet-coupé. Fundamental technology such as the engine range (85 kW / 115 PS to 184 kW / 250 PS) and the running gear can all be traced back to the new Passat. Dr. Wolfgang Bernhard, Member of the Board of Management with responsibility for the Volkswagen brand, will unveil the Eos at the International Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt on 12 September 2005 at 11 a.m.

source : Germancarfans
Old 08-26-05, 08:01 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by adidosc
i certainly wasn't disagreeing with you there. i was commenting on the fact that most people see the cabriolet as a girl's car, therefore giving it that stereotype. i have no problems with anybody driving whatever they want... guy, girl, dog, doesn't matter to me. i was, however, just commenting that there are a lot of people who see it as a girl's car, and to those people i hope this can change their mind. sorry if there was some confusion.
No problem. Thank you for being so polite. I probably should not have made the middle-finger comment myself.
Old 09-12-05, 07:27 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts
Default New Volkswagen Eos Details . . .

Text with nore pics HERE
Old 09-12-05, 07:36 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Its a very smooth looking car with an AWSOME interior, but the design is severely missing something. Most of that has to do with the rear and side. Add a decklid spoiler and some sportier sideskirts maybe. The front looks pretty cool to me. Very similar to the Passat. Nice looking but not for me.

Damn, it also has a panoramic roof!!?? Thats really nice. Hopefully its not an expensive option, I love that idea.

My guess is that this car will priced in the low 30K range fully loaded pushing 40K.

Wierd name too. EOS!!!??

Last edited by magneto112; 09-12-05 at 08:25 AM.
Old 09-12-05, 08:21 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Well after reading the text, I'm kinda upset that they just took the Lexus idea of Convertible, Targa, Sunroof that was on the LF-C(I think that was the model name) and ran with it.
Old 09-12-05, 08:22 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

That car is too adorable.