Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Have you seen this BMW commercial...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-05, 08:58 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you seen this BMW commercial...

This morning a BMW commercial came on and this guy was having a major problem with his BMW, so here comes BMW service plan to the rescue is the moto of this commercial. Good advertising? I don't think so. I prefer to see Lexus commercials refering to "Pursuit Of Perfection"...IMHO.
Old 08-26-05, 01:20 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Default Haven't seen it

Was it a 7 series? It's kinda funny that BMW would do a commercial centered around their maintenance service. I guess thats's there way of fixing their image with the public or prospective buyer.
Old 08-26-05, 01:32 PM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexLaw
Was it a 7 series? It's kinda funny that BMW would do a commercial centered around their maintenance service. I guess thats's there way of fixing their image with the public or prospective buyer.
I overheard the commercial while making breakfast this morning, so I didn't see what car it was. It sounded like the BMW was stranded and wouldn't start. The voice over then passed an air of calm over the commercial stating BMW has a wonderful (paid) service plan. My thought then was ... ouch ...lookout... don't buy me!!
Old 08-26-05, 01:35 PM
saleem
Pole Position

its actually the other way around ... the two truck driver is stranded with his flashers on .. along comes a bmw in the middle of nowhere hallelujah ! and saves the tow truck driver .. and then they show at the end how bmw's include 60000 mile complete service or some bull**** .. its a lame add ..