Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2006 RAV4 Pic

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-05, 07:35 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Pretty good, is it PS ?
Old 08-27-05, 08:11 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks kinda xA meets RX 330 meets Highlander with 4Runner undertones.

I like it, now I want to hear the details on the V6 :-)
Old 08-27-05, 02:23 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this picture was under an embargo until Aug. 29...they took that part out...look

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/6128/rav418yg.jpg
Old 08-27-05, 02:35 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by G35_TX

Uh oh... Mazda 3 Hatch styling was stolen.
Yes, that's just what I was thinking, too....before I read your post.

And not just Mazdas, but a number of vehicles use this rear-end C-pillar treatment....among them the Subaru B9 Tribeca and the Pontiac Vibe (another Toyota-based design).
Old 08-27-05, 08:17 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Love the looks of the Mazda 3 hatch, that's why that RAV4 pic looks good. The Mazda 3 & 6 are my favourites in their respective class
Old 08-27-05, 08:33 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

here are some spy shots

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2159965

i have a question...when these people test cars in the middle of nowhere in the desert, where do they go at night? do they drive back to HQ or rent a place at some motel in the desert, and hope that no one comes and takes pictures in the parking lot??????
Old 08-27-05, 10:35 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!

i have a question...when these people test cars in the middle of nowhere in the desert, where do they go at night? do they drive back to HQ or rent a place at some motel in the desert, and hope that no one comes and takes pictures in the parking lot??????
It's called field testing. Alot of manufacturers do it in the desert heat/climate for endurance testing..they drive back and forth...around city blocks in circles and etc. It's not uncommon to see this kinda testing in the Mojave Desert, Nevada, Arizona and here around SoCal. This is the only way they can get a good idea of how the car will run and react in real world driving. This is so they can record/observe any problems or issues so they can correct for the final production. They don't disclose info to the public or tell people what there business is..... so antsy kids that like to take pictures sell them on the internet and post them on the have nothing of real value other than pics of a bunch of camo covered cars to talk about and wonder. It's only obvious they're out there testing...and for a reason...and are pretty stern in their reactions for the obvious.
Old 08-27-05, 11:44 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
It's called field testing. Alot of manufacturers do it in the desert heat/climate for endurance testing..they drive back and forth...around city blocks in circles and etc. It's not uncommon to see this kinda testing in the Mojave Desert, Nevada, Arizona and here around SoCal. This is the only way they can get a good idea of how the car will run and react in real world driving. This is so they can record/observe any problems or issues so they can correct for the final production. They don't disclose info to the public or tell people what there business is..... so antsy kids that like to take pictures sell them on the internet and post them on the have nothing of real value other than pics of a bunch of camo covered cars to talk about and wonder. It's only obvious they're out there testing...and for a reason...and are pretty stern in their reactions for the obvious.
thanks, but that didn't answer my question ...and you are implying something about me taking pictures of the camry...

they must test in the desert for several days; do they drive 2 hours back to toyota HQ to cover it up or find someplace cheap to stay at???????

Last edited by LEXUS FAN!; 08-27-05 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-27-05, 11:57 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!

they must test in the desert for several days; do they drive 2 hours back to toyota HQ to cover it up or find someplace cheap to stay at???????
All depends on their agenda and what their plan of action is for their testing. It's for them to know and for us to not find out. Who cares if they stay at some place cheap to stay at or drive back to HQ. The point of the fact is that they do what they need to do and do it without having to disclose their whole schedule to the public for cameras and paparazzi to follow and chase them down. In the end it doesn't matter what they do or don't do. That's the whole point of them covering up the cars and trying to do their testing out in the rural areas.

Last edited by flipside909; 08-28-05 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-28-05, 12:05 AM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
All depends on their agenda and what their plan of action is for their testing. It's for them to know and for us to not find out. Who cares if they stay at some place cheap to stay at or drive back to HQ. The point of the fact is that they do what they need to do and do it without having to disclose their whole schedule to the public for cameras and paparazzi to follow and chase them down. In the end it doesn't matter what they do or don't do. As long as they get their main objective done.
I understand. The way you talk makes it sounds like you work for them or something and you don't want anyone to know.

I'm just very curious about the process that goes into building and testing a car that is why i'm asking. I am fascinted wtth these spy cars and everything...

it sounds like you are defending them or something
Old 08-28-05, 10:16 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Camo'd cars stay at motels sometimes.

Whatever the copied styling, I think it looks pretty good, even the front end.

biker, you moved to VA?
Old 08-29-05, 12:44 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-29-05, 01:44 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Default PR: Toyota To Reveal All-New RAV4 And Yaris At 2005 Frankfurt Int'l Motor Show

08/29/2005 Torrance, CA

Toyota Motor Marketing Europe (TMME) will stage the world premier of the all-new RAV4 sport utility vehicle (SUV) and unveil the all-new Yaris three-door and five-door liftbacks, at a press conference at the Frankfurt International Motor Show. Both vehicles featured at the press conference will have European specifications.

Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. will launch the all-new RAV4, its most affordable SUV, this fall for the 2006 model year. The completely restyled and reengineered third generation RAV4 will feature significantly improved performance and a larger, more refined and modern interior when it goes on sale. The all-new Yaris, which replaces the ECHO, will launch next spring for the 2007 model year. As Toyota’s most affordable passenger car, the Yaris will feature contemporary exterior styling and a surprising and upscale interior.

The RAV4 and Yaris will debut in the U.S. at a press conference at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas on Wednesday, November 2.

Credit: Toyota Motor Sales, USA
Old 08-29-05, 02:23 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

I still don't like them. It looks better then before, but it looks too much like a car......
Old 08-29-05, 02:32 PM
timoc42
Lead Lap

the rear looks a little like a renault clio.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 RAV4 Pic-clio2_ext3.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2006 RAV4 Pic