Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Saw a new Skyline in Baltimore today

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-05, 11:03 AM
cloudnine
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saw a new Skyline in Baltimore today

Nah. Don't think so.
Attached Thumbnails Saw a new Skyline in Baltimore today-poser.jpg  
Old 09-02-05, 11:15 AM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had a dollar for every person I've seen around here who put "skyline" emblems on their G35 I'd have enough money for a legal R34
Old 09-02-05, 11:17 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 294 Likes on 219 Posts

I don't see how its any different than us putting "SOARER" or "ARISTO" or "CELSIOR" on ours
Old 09-02-05, 11:27 AM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

hold on... i'm confused...

if the G35 is the new skyline, why are we so anxious to see what the new skyline will look like...

is it that the G35 is not actually the skyline? i always thought it was...
Old 09-02-05, 12:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah that's the problem guys.... we probably have more people putting soarer on their SC, aristo on their GS, and celsior on the LS than people putting skyline on their g35. what's the problem?

the g35 is skyline in japan, if you don't know that yet...... it's always the new skyline since debut. just not the turbo version....
Old 09-02-05, 12:06 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

in japan the G35 is the new Skyline.

BUT, the one enthusiasts refer to as the "Skyline" is actually the Skyline GTR-the high performance variant of the car. kinda like the 3-series and the M3.

the New GTR (less confusing) is rumored to be based on the Nissan "FM" platform but then again toyota is collaborating with Honda for an AWD system so idk bout the fact behind that.

in short, the G35 is the "new" skyline but not THE new Skyline (ie-the GTR) and most likely nissan will radically redo-the bodywork to differentiate the GTR from the ho-hum 350GT. tradittionaly, Nissan has had the regular RWD coupes and sedans as regular Skylines with the coupe being the GT (GT-S in come cases) and the more powerful AWD car being the GTR.

hope that helps.
-Annant
Old 09-03-05, 10:45 AM
4runnin
Driver School Candidate

I think puttin the "skyline" on a g35c is way more lame than puttin a "aristo" on a GS just cause the skyline is just such a legendary import that has been around for so long.

So the fact is that so many people would look at it and give a "pffft, wada dork thats no skyline!"
Old 09-03-05, 12:56 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 294 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by 4runnin
I think puttin the "skyline" on a g35c is way more lame than puttin a "aristo" on a GS just cause the skyline is just such a legendary import that has been around for so long.

So the fact is that so many people would look at it and give a "pffft, wada dork thats no skyline!"
If they knew the truth about 2.5TT Soarer's and our SC's that people put "Soarer" on without a turbo,, they would say the same things.

I see no problem with this, legendary import or not. There are still JDM Skylines that are the same as the base model G35c.
Old 09-03-05, 12:56 PM
xioix
Racer

then those people would be the idiots
Old 09-03-05, 02:35 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

ahhh i get it now...

i knew that the G35 was the new skyline but then this thread got me all confused...

it's all good now...

i don't mind it if they put the badges on their cars... whatever floats your boat yano? just don't stick it on my car... i'll stab you in the earlobe with a pen...
Old 09-03-05, 04:00 PM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by genearch
Speaking of Skylines... has anyone else seen the blue one running around here in So.Cal.. Right hand drive? It blew by me on the freeway a while back and I had to do a serious double take..
a blue one, what model, and there are several of them in SoCal
Old 09-03-05, 05:17 PM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by genearch
Speaking of Skylines... has anyone else seen the blue one running around here in So.Cal.. Right hand drive?
no way!!!

did he do a rhd conversion?

sorry....i couldn't resist
Old 09-03-05, 06:48 PM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

here

it doesn't make sense to put infiniti skyline 350gt. my G is badged nissan all around along with centercaps.
ppl dont know when they say Skyline, they assume that it's a Skyline GT-R, which rumored to be released in '07 here in US.
saying "well you dont have a right hand drive" doesn't really justify that it cannot be a Skyline here.
Old 09-04-05, 06:55 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

when I was at the Nissan HQ in Tokyo 4 years ago I sat in the Skyline, I thought it was lame they renamed it the G35 when it came to the states.
Old 09-06-05, 01:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well bottom line is the g35c is called skyline in japan, just like aristo and soarer in japan.

Quick Reply: Saw a new Skyline in Baltimore today