Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan Skyline aka our Infiniti G35 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-05 | 10:56 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by G35_TX
IMHO, its much more than just a notch above Nissan.
Well in Japan the car is a Nissan Skyline, so in essence it really is a Nissan in different parts of the world.

Nothing cheap about the interior of the 05.
It's a nice looking interior a huge improvement over the previous. But You really can't say the same about the generic Wal-Mart floormats you have in them.

Luxurious? C&D recently said otherwise:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=8

"We've ranted before on the comical confusion of textures and colors in the G35's cockpit. No idea goes wasted, including the one to make the gauge graduations orange and the redline marker a pale shadow all but impossible to see." - Car & Driver - Oct 2005.

C& D - $35,000 Sports Sedans - Infinti G35

Highs: Makes fast-car noises, attacks corners, strikes a happy balance between ride and handling.

Lows: Some buzzes and rattles, gauges hard to decipher, stability control prone to epileptic outbursts.

The Verdict: Aging gracefully down the rankings.

Last edited by flipside909; 09-14-05 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-14-05 | 10:58 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

[QUOTE=G35_TX]You haven't been in one. You CAN'T GO BY THE PICTURES. Until you have been in one stop bad mouthing the car.

Originally Posted by chuckb
I'm not saying the G35 is a bad car at all,
but this

and this pic below do not add up.
Russ we welcome you here as you are an avid car enthusiast like we are. But do you always have to defend Nissan every chance you can get? You have no right to tell people here "You can't judge by pictures" or "You're wrong i'm the only one right because I own the car". Now step back and think about how silly you are portraying yourself. Are you forgetting we're in a domain called ClubLexus? It's obvious you haven't figured that out yet.

Lets move on already please?

Last edited by flipside909; 09-14-05 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-14-05 | 11:13 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by magneto112
I want to know why we are always arguing opinion when it comes to the G35. Some people like it some dont. Give it a rest already. We've had 2409720496049 threads on the SAME damn stuff.

I know, you mention G35 and it seems to touch a nerve with everybody.

Personally I love car (sedan and coupe). Good looks and performance. The interior is somewhat lacking but I'm willing to live with it, you won't hear me nit pick. With that said I'm still considering a G35C 6spd to replace the SC3 with.
Old 09-14-05 | 11:17 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Technics
. . . The interior is somewhat lacking but I'm willing to live with it, you won't hear me nit pick . . .
That's exactly how I feel about the G35c
Originally Posted by Technics
. With that said I'm still considering a G35C 6spd to replace the SC3 with.
It's a good choice, great looking, fast & fun car & a good value
Old 09-14-05 | 11:33 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AmethySC
That's exactly how I feel about the G35c

It's a good choice, great looking, fast & fun car & a good value

It really is. I saw one the other day running some crazy offsets. Extremely sharp car.

Of course, I wouldn't mind having a new SC430 to go along with it either.
Old 09-14-05 | 11:51 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

You haven't been in one. You CAN'T GO BY THE PICTURES. Until you have been in one stop bad mouthing the car.

show me one post where I bad mouthed the G All I said was the interior was not luxurious. I guess the truth hurts, huh?
Old 09-14-05 | 12:16 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I just checked KBB (the dealer one which is more accurate, not the consumer one) on the retail value of a 2003 GS300 vs a 2003 G35 sedan, both with 45,000 miles. The GS came in at about $31,225 vs the G35 at about $25,025. The residual value that was linked over isn't accurate because there is a new '06 GS body style out and whenever that happens, the old body style goes down in residual from the bank. So it really isn't a fair comparison since we have been sold out of '05 GS's since last March. Also, the bank "forecasts" what they believe a new car to be worth in the next 3 years, but that doesn't mean they will be on target. You have to factor in the current market value or "cash value". What is someone willing to pay for this car in 3 years?

The G35 is a decent car for the money, but I'd take a 2nd gen GS anyday, anytime.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 09-14-05 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-14-05 | 12:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

same here, i will take 2gs any day as well.

my friend has the g35, he tells me don't get the car, he wished he would haev gotten the gs instead

and i sat inside the g35 myself before, many times. it's not bad quality but lexus is better
Old 09-14-05 | 03:35 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Why do you think I have that mat in my car? There is a reason for that, and its only on the driver side . I am in and out of places all day for work driving 100 miles a day. I protect my original mats so they stay like new.

Originally Posted by flipside909
Well in Japan the car is a Nissan Skyline, so in essence it really is a Nissan in different parts of the world.

It's a nice looking interior a huge improvement over the previous. But You really can't say the same about the generic Wal-Mart floormats you have in them.

Luxurious? C&D recently said otherwise:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=8

"We've ranted before on the comical confusion of textures and colors in the G35's cockpit. No idea goes wasted, including the one to make the gauge graduations orange and the redline marker a pale shadow all but impossible to see." - Car & Driver - Oct 2005.

C& D - $35,000 Sports Sedans - Infinti G35

Highs: Makes fast-car noises, attacks corners, strikes a happy balance between ride and handling.

Lows: Some buzzes and rattles, gauges hard to decipher, stability control prone to epileptic outbursts.

The Verdict: Aging gracefully down the rankings.
Old 09-14-05 | 03:37 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=flipside909]
You haven't been in one. You CAN'T GO BY THE PICTURES. Until you have been in one stop bad mouthing the car.

Russ we welcome you here as you are an avid car enthusiast like we are. But do you always have to defend Nissan every chance you can get? You have no right to tell people here "You can't judge by pictures" or "You're wrong i'm the only one right because I own the car". Now step back and think about how silly you are portraying yourself. Are you forgetting we're in a domain called ClubLexus? It's obvious you haven't figured that out yet.

Lets move on already please?
Don't get on me about defending the car I own. I have a free right to do so. If you don't want to have this type of topic, don't post another G35 topic again!

I have every right to tell people that when they are calling the car names, etc. I expect other owners here to not be snobs about Lexus. Give it up already.
Old 09-14-05 | 03:39 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

[QUOTE=G35_TX]

Don't get on me about defending the car I own. I have a free right to do so. If you don't want to have this type of topic, don't post another G35 topic again!

I have every right to tell people that when they are calling the car names, etc. I expect other owners here to not be snobs about Lexus. Give it up already.
Russ,

I didn't post another G35 topic, I simply stated my opinions and facts which I have every right to do so. Maybe it's time to you to go away from here. G35Owners and Fresh Alloy are open for Nissan lovers like you. This is ClubLexus and I have a right to be Lexus proud because here in Lexus land... LEXUS > infiniti.

Last edited by flipside909; 09-14-05 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-14-05 | 03:41 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Why do you think I have that mat in my car? There is a reason for that, and its only on the driver side . I am in and out of places all day for work driving 100 miles a day. I protect my original mats so they stay like new.
Whats so hard about buying the nice those nicely designed, thick Infiniti All Weather mats for your car or just buying new floormats when the original ones get worn out? My coworker has a set in her G35C and they look pretty good. They actually look nice and do a better job of protecting your original carpet instead of a universal Wal Mart floormat that slides around and does nothing but collect and slide dirt onto the original floormats anyway.
Old 09-14-05 | 03:42 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Whats so hard about buying the nice those nicely designed, thick Infiniti All Weather mats for your car? They actually look nice and do a better job of protecting your original carpet instead of a universal Wal Mart floormat that slides around and wont stay put.
You stated your opinion, not facts. Just to set it straight.

Well, I just have had these mats in 2 other cars till now, and haven't gotten a set made for the car yet. Once of these days I will.
Old 09-14-05 | 03:45 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

You stated your opinion, not facts. Just to set it straight.

Well, I just have had these mats in 2 other cars till now, and haven't gotten a set made for the car yet. Once of these days I will.
So the Car & Driver link and text I copied verbatim is opinion not fact? LOL. I'm done. Lock this thread someone!
Old 09-14-05 | 03:47 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

So the Car & Driver link and text I copied verbatim is opinion not fact? LOL. I'm done. Lock this thread someone!
Okay, everything else was opinion except that link. Excuse me!

Quick Reply: Nissan Skyline aka our Infiniti G35 Sedan