Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Pics from HIN Atlantic City

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-05 | 12:57 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Sorry for got this one, can see Derrick's car a little better
Old 09-12-05 | 12:59 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Another great showing by them D2 Boys. The car looks just plain sick under the light guys. D Huge congrats man, Very happy for you. The more and more I see that flip down I start to pondor on it, I really don't want to hack up my headrest again. You guys always get great parking and those blue tape pics really hit home for me...LOL congrats again...see you in the spring.
Old 09-12-05 | 01:29 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hameed
Very nice Derrick! I love the SL (other than the red wheels) and your GS of course.

Tell me some more about those LCD's!!!! I want to badly replace my rear-view mirror but keep procrastinating. Can you post some more details on that please? Or just send me an email if that is easier - hameed@prudensconsulting.com
Its actually not as complicated as it seems not a biggie really. I think the toughest part is getting used to seeing the image in a screen instead of a mirror (ie you move your head, but the image stays the same LOL).

I had the work done at a CL members (Lexis11) shop called Rayco Electronics in Shrewsbury, MA , we use them for all of our A/V work (Cl member varcity64 recently had a slew of work done there also). You just take the mirror out, fabricate a mount, and run the wires. The important thing is to have a monitor with at least 2 input feeds (to allow DVD and rearview to play on the same screen). There are actually 2 other cl'ers that i know of with the rearview monitor, nextlevelcoupe has 5" and Lxogood has a 8" I think he uses his for rearview and navigation.

The 15" in the rear was honestly just a over the top mod for carshows, although I have had people in the back (friends, little cousins, etc) and they say you can actually see it. Its really something to see in person though. When I'm driving all the guys with the huge SUV's stare and point since they are usually the ones with the "laptop screen" as alot of people say.

Its sad to say I have had these monitors since May and just never got around to posting pics LOL
Old 09-12-05 | 01:39 PM
49GS400
Lead Lap

all Im seeing are red x's. not sure if its just me.
Old 09-12-05 | 01:52 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Thanks for the details Derrick. Very nice I must say! Do you find the view better through the monitor compared to the mirror? How is it at night?

I will talk to Jeff and get other details such as monitor etc.
Old 09-12-05 | 02:33 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the details Derrick. Very nice I must say! Do you find the view better through the monitor compared to the mirror? How is it at night?

I will talk to Jeff and get other details such as monitor etc.
well i wanted mine stealth so the camera is in the 3rd brake light behind 20% tint (its all about style Lyle, LOL). so the view is a little darker at night but you adjust to it, takes some time to get used to though.
Old 09-12-05 | 06:45 PM
LexFather

The SL is freaking nuts. Congrats D!!!!
Old 09-13-05 | 04:55 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
well i wanted mine stealth so the camera is in the 3rd brake light behind 20% tint (its all about style Lyle, LOL). so the view is a little darker at night but you adjust to it, takes some time to get used to though.
So if the camera was in the usual place that most people seem to place it - the trunk keyhole, it is not stealth?

Do you have any pics of the monitor at night? I would love to see pics of it in action - day and night if possible.
Old 09-13-05 | 05:41 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Thanks Ted, I actually ran into one of your All-Star buddies and asked for you, he told me you were up to earlobes in work with the new position!

Good luck buddy.
Derrick:

Thanks much.

My new position has kept me pretty busy and I've had to lay low on the show scene. Besides, you and Johnny (TLW) have been doing an AWESOME job representin'!!!!

Any chance we can chill some time since you and I live only about 15 minutes from eachother?
Holla @ me sometime. You know the number.

Ted
Old 09-13-05 | 05:58 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

So if the camera was in the usual place that most people seem to place it - the trunk keyhole, it is not stealth?

Do you have any pics of the monitor at night? I would love to see pics of it in action - day and night if possible.
Yeah, thats a stealth location, but I hate the perspective from that angle. Since the rearview mirror is normally at a much higher vantage point, that height gives off a "fishbowl" image on hte screen, and you see grilles and headlights at best. I wanted the image to be closer to the regular postition that you see with a conventional mirror. I'll try to get some pics for you this weekend.
Old 09-13-05 | 06:52 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Yeah, thats a stealth location, but I hate the perspective from that angle. Since the rearview mirror is normally at a much higher vantage point, that height gives off a "fishbowl" image on hte screen, and you see grilles and headlights at best. I wanted the image to be closer to the regular postition that you see with a conventional mirror. I'll try to get some pics for you this weekend.
Very interesting perspective! I didn't realize that about the vantage point. I still don't understand why it is dark though because you have it in the third brake light.....

Is your third brake light in the car itself? I was assuming you were referring to the 3rd brake light in the spoiler (which is what I have). So is your 3rd brake light now not functional anymore? Sorry for asking so many questions and keeping your thread off topic. If you would rather PM instead to keep your thread uncluttered, that's cool. Thanks!
Old 11-08-05 | 09:25 PM
NitroDecal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stefwilli
hello, i seen this car in the parking lot of racewaypark and was wondering where can i see more pics of this ride? thanks , the car is hot!
Old 11-09-05 | 07:49 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

nice pics!

The gti was on the front cover of eurotuner in a different color! i guess he did a color change and an all new look.
Old 11-10-05 | 05:45 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

i saw that SL on ebay
Old 11-10-05 | 06:03 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by Stefwilli
Oh snap. I think I saw you or maybe someone like you on this past Sunday morning going through the Holland Tunnel. You passed me in the EZ pass lane at the time. Well if that was you. All I remeber was see ing the D2-Autosport stickers on the side and backwindow on a black LS.

Quick Reply: Pics from HIN Atlantic City