Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

CLUBLEXUS AND SELOC at NOPI NATIONALS 2005!! Official Thread!(now NWS)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-05, 10:40 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 310 Likes on 188 Posts

You don't like that SUV???

Just imagine all those lakes and rocks you can traverse with those shiny 40 inch chromies!!!!
Originally Posted by TLW
kill me
Old 09-20-05, 10:50 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
You don't like that SUV???

Just imagine all those lakes and rocks you can traverse with those shiny 40 inch chromies!!!!
that thing probably needs 300hp just to get those 40" chromies up to 55mph btw-I don't think I'd want to go 55mph(or any speed) in that hoopty.

it would be more at home if they threw some super swampers on and took it to mud hole
Old 09-20-05, 11:21 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys... you guys are going to want to beat me, but I actually was at Nopi Nationals in some business meetings. Unfortunately I wasnt able to make it over to the CL and SELOC area. I drove past it on my golf cart several times so I got a glimpse of some of your cars, but didnt get to stop and say hi. Anyways, I wished I could have been able to meet you all.

I did get a few pictures of other cars that were at Nopi, and I will link them here.

Here is a Convertible Altima... Interesting...
Here is a series of pictures of one of my oldest sponsor's vehicle...
He has been sponsored by our company for 4 years now...
He won the best of show at most of the other Nopi Series shows leading up to Nationals...
On Sunday at Nopi Nationals, He won Best of Show... the vehicle will probably be retired next year and we will start on his Scion tC.
Here is Kicker/Shawn's Element... this vehicle will be in Honda's booth at SEMA. We will be doing some upholstery work in the upcoming months on this vehicle...
Pretty Cool Charger...
West Coast Custom's Two Door Convertible 300
West Coast Custom's Two Door Convertible 300
Here is a rediculous Titan... mainly rediculous because of the words down the side, but also rediculous because you can actually fit 28s on the Titan and they dont even look at huge.

Next time,I will make sure to drop by and say hi.

As a side note, Dave, I was hoping to personally deliever your leather interior kit to you, but it wasnt quite done in time. It is done now and is on the way to you.
Old 09-20-05, 11:33 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 310 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Leatherseats.com
As a side note, Dave, I was hoping to personally deliever your leather interior kit to you, but it wasnt quite done in time. It is done now and is on the way to you.
New leather interior eh Dave? Was that cat let out of the bag prematurely?
Old 09-20-05, 11:42 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

I dont think so... this kit is actually VERY late because he bought with the last group buy SEVERAL months ago, but we couldnt find the right color suede that he was looking for. After several months of sending samples back and forth, he eventually decided that he had to go a different direction and I was hoping to have production done with the kit before I left for Nopi so that I could deliever it myself, but it didnt work out.

Jeremy
Old 09-20-05, 12:07 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pics Jeremy. I liked the stance of the charger, but the wheels gotta go. That car looks pretty sick when its slammed
Old 09-20-05, 06:36 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
New leather interior eh Dave? Was that cat let out of the bag prematurely?
Nah no cat, just me being picky about an exact color match Thanks for trying!

-----------------------------------------------
Excellent pics Wayne, thank you. After I reviewed my pics and realized I didn't make it down that side and snap pics, I just felt sick. Your SC was looking awesome as usual
Old 09-20-05, 06:41 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

see if this works
Old 09-20-05, 06:46 PM
Dr.G
Lead Lap

Default Nopi 2005

Had another fantabulous time once again at NOPI this year The competition part has never been what it's all about for me, but rather just making sure the car looks clean and up to par with the rest of you guys to make for a strong showing for the club (CL and SELOC) collectively. I always felt the best part of this show, as well as other meets, is getting to put some more faces to screennames and getting to meet the ones that we all go back-in-forth with through posts, PM's and IM's on a daily basis.

For those of you that have never been to NOPI Nationals before, all I can say is that you should at least make the effort to experience it at least one time in your life, hell even if it's just for Saturday- from cars to people to exhibitions it's quite a show. My best description for it is that it's like one big *** tailgate party with a ton of interesting rides, people and other off the wall shiznit that you normally wouldn't see anywhere else! And oh yeah, the amount of and walking around the place will make you sprain your neck! My only rant for the weekend was the hot-*** sun and sunburn that I got on my face, and also having to sweat like a wh0re in church for nearly 2 hours Saturday morning trying to remove all the petroleum/paint? splatter off my front bumper and fenders that I must have ran through somewhere the day before! Thanks though Amy for the Acrysol, god knows I tried everything else!

CL and SELOC represented strong!! Everyone's ride were all so freakin' nice! Parked between Dave and Adrian was such a nice contrast of colors for the FI GS's.

Dave- I loved the new look from last year, can't wait to see the new interior once installed.

Adrian, bro all I can say is beautiful car and family man- hat's off to ya! Sorry about that nasty scrape in the fresh paint though, I know that feeling all to well!! And oh yeah, that's again for the Meguiar's NXT, my paint hasn't peeled off- yet!

Mike- post those pics man! You should actually start a seperate thread for that and title it "1SICKPHOTOSHOOT" LOL

Ed- nice finely meeting you man, now that you've done enough researching get something done my man- I think I'm gonna be as happy as you are for ya' once you finally go FI!

Jaime- You're a bee-yatch for making me pull that damn grill all the way to you! Should have just sold it or traded it for some parts!! "Who me? What grill?" LOL I still love ya' bro!

I'll be contributing a few pics of my own here shortly! And thanks again for all the kind words from everyone else that I got a chance to talk with at the show! Hope to see everyone again next year!

Last edited by Dr.G; 09-20-05 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-20-05, 06:49 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Default Pics with Taka Ueno

Last edited by wayne; 09-20-05 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-20-05, 06:57 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Default Pics of Taka drifting

Old 09-20-05, 07:04 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Default Pics of SC's

Old 09-20-05, 07:43 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

coverage of the SHOW is up
at
TUNERLIFE.com
IMPORTATLANTA.com
Old 09-20-05, 08:05 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Ed, all i can say is that your crew has some hot rides... I recognized some people from the delray meet in some of those pics. but never got a chance to meet them... It looks like you guys had a blast of a time... Hopefully i can go next year and get off of work... I'm planning to go to Orlando in November and meet some new faces and hang with the guys I meet a few months ago ,Ed, adrian, beaufeus...etc.... I can't beleive how many dedicated lexus guys are out here... These GS's are amazing...

Adrian i can't beleive your car... It takes modifying to a whole new level.... I hope with all the hard work you put into this project that you won some trophies and such....

A big Congrats to all our CL members and people I have met that makes this website what it is today... We have so many valuable people here on CL.... Can't wait to go to Orlando..

Tony
Old 09-22-05, 07:14 AM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Default Pics of some GS's

Quick Reply: CLUBLEXUS AND SELOC at NOPI NATIONALS 2005!! Official Thread!(now NWS)