Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Its here. GM's 2007 Tahoe and Suburban

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-05, 06:32 AM
Kaban
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well...I am kind of glad gas prices are over 3 bucks a gallon and going higher. If the prices will stay high enough long enough to put Hummer out of business I will go out and dance in the rain.
Old 09-24-05, 07:33 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaban
well...I am kind of glad gas prices are over 3 bucks a gallon and going higher. If the prices will stay high enough long enough to put Hummer out of business I will go out and dance in the rain.
That's a pretty lame statement coming from someone who drives a GS430, not exactly a fuel miser.

Why hate on what someone else likes? Cuz if you do then someone else with a Camry or something is hating on you for driving an 'irresponsible' vehicle.

Live and let live!
Old 09-24-05, 07:53 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

These new vehicles have impressive specs - I'm also AMAZED at the looks of that interior.

These old giants (GM and Ford) aren't dead yet. They've got Toyota to thank for kicking them where it hurts (and unions and retirees squeezing their privates too) and making them realize they can't keep putting out sloppy noisy old-tech inefficient vehicles. Their damaged reputations may never be great but things are definitely improving.

Our 2004 F-150 (the new style) which was the FIRST YEAR production for the new model has continued to impress us with its quietness, stiff structure, usefulness, very nice interior, and towing capacity.
Old 09-24-05, 01:31 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by whoster
i want a BLACK one..with DARK tints. and HOT CHICKS IN THE BACK.
Hot chicks? Here...I got some for you at a hundred degrees.
http://rogers.elkriver.k12.mn.us/AWa...s/chicks2.html
Old 09-24-05, 01:45 PM
Kaban
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
That's a pretty lame statement coming from someone who drives a GS430, not exactly a fuel miser.

Why hate on what someone else likes? Cuz if you do then someone else with a Camry or something is hating on you for driving an 'irresponsible' vehicle.

Live and let live!
I really dislikes but not hate those Hummers, not only does they get like 9 mpg, makes my GS a look like a hybrid averaging 15mpg city but they are just dangerous to everyone else around them. They have no bumpers even if they do it's like 5 feet high which makes it usless, they are twice as high as an average car and they take have low visibility from the rear. It just disgust me to think if that thing runs a red light and side swipes a car like Beetle or Civic. I dislikes them because of their lack of safety concern for everyone else.

They are socially irresponsible, and deserves everything that they got coming for them.
Old 09-24-05, 05:08 PM
Falcon LS
Lead Lap

Whilst design wise, I'm still partial to the pre-'00 models, the interior on this one looks fantastic!
Old 09-24-05, 05:26 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaban
I really dislikes but not hate those Hummers,
They are socially irresponsible, and deserves everything that they got coming for them.
I disagree. Whether other people consider a vehicle responsible or not...or "acceptable" or not, IMO is not the issue. We live in a free society.....where as long as you can afford to buy and drive a certain vehicle (even with high gas prices) , and are otherwise responsible with your money, and have not abused your driver's license and have lost your driving priviledges, I see no reason why a person cannot buy and drive either what they want or what is best for them. This gets back to what I have said so many times about the nonsense of "image" and worrying about what others think.
And as far as "wasting gas" is concerned, how about the vehicles that REALLY use gas.....things like private jets, yachts, racing cars. People sometimes pay millions of dollars for these things and run them at the rate of THOUSANDS of gallons of fuel per HOUR....yet if they can afford it, that is their priviledge. I myself don't care to dump a lot of my money into expensive toys ( I'm saving for retirement ) but I respect the desires of those who do.
And....look at Arnold Schwartznegger.....the GOVERNOR of one of the most liberal, green-minded, anti-vehicle, anti-SUV states in the country. He owns THREE Hummers.
Old 09-24-05, 08:25 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

The new Tahoe interior looks OK. I still like the interior of my Sequoia better
Attached Thumbnails Its here. GM's 2007 Tahoe and Suburban-seq-int.jpg