Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

1SICKREVIEW!! 2005 Lexus ES 330

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-05, 08:01 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, two things here.
First, the line they gave you about the LS wind noise was almost total BS......a PROPERLY assembled LS is one of the quietest-riding cars on the planet. The LS has a well-deserved reputation throuighout the auto industry for extremely low noise levels. Check the car carefully yourself and see if the windows are going up all the way and the doors, hood, and trunk are shutting solidly.

Second, I'm sorry that you didn't get better service from this dealership....IMO you deserve better than that, but also IMO, if you think you have trouble with Lexus products and Lexus dealers, just wait till you start dealing with M-B shops.
I have to agree with you on the reports of Lexus LS's being extremely quiet but mine is not. My experience with this particular dealer has been so dis-tasteful that I will not take the car back. The solution is to let my wife drive it and as I said then trade it in the spring. Thanks for your advice.

I have 3 Mercedes that are my alternating daily drivers and believe it or not on the few occasions that I have had to take them in for repairs ( 2 times in the last 3 years) the service knocks the socks off of Lexus of Sacramento. My other choice is to take it to Lexus of Roseville that is owned by the same people.

Service is all about the attitude of the dealership---some hold service very high in their overall delivery while some are after the all mighty sales dollar. It is obvious as to what this dealer is after, since I am not the only one to lodge their dis-satisfaction regardinmg their service. I have owned Mercedes autos continuously since 1968 and have had my fair share of the 3 Stooges working in the service departments at various MB shops as well.
Old 09-26-05, 09:31 AM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

1Sick, I remember reading in your "1Sickreview" of the RX330 that you said after driving the RX, you would not ever see need to get an ES. After driving the ES for a longer period of time, do you feel differently or do you still stick to that?
Old 09-26-05, 11:03 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Faraaz23
1Sick, I remember reading in your "1Sickreview" of the RX330 that you said after driving the RX, you would not ever see need to get an ES. After driving the ES for a longer period of time, do you feel differently or do you still stick to that?
This is a good question. The RX is luxurious but IMO, the ES takes it to another level, even though they are in the same price range. As quiet as the RX is, the ES is quieter, probably due to the fact the RX just has more open space.

Both though, are the same engine, both are FWD. Under normal driving, if my eyes were closed, I could not tell the difference between the 2. Therefore, I would go for the RX still, based on the extra utility of it all and it has almost the same feel of luxury.

I will rephrase, I do now SEE the need for the ES still, it brings unparalled luxury for the price. I will stick to picking the RX over the ES though.

Old 09-28-05, 09:18 AM
mystify
Driver School Candidate

I used to own a 98 ES. I took it in for service and was given an 04 ES. Looking at it closely, I liked the look of the 97-01 ES a lot more. It just had this sexy appearance to it. All my friends seem to think the same...

But the interior of the new ES is awesome. The gauges had a nice relaxing feeling to it. I could sit in the car for days, heck even live in one if it had a place for me to shower and cook dinner XD

There were no rattles. Everything fit perfectly And the first time I sat in the car, I knew how to control everything. Nothing gave me that: "um.... what's this button here for" feeling.

Great car.
Old 09-28-05, 09:28 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
He might have already - look at his sig.
Yes, bit...good point. Didn't notice that.