Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

GAS PRICES $6.00/gallon AND UP

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-05, 08:47 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by RON430
Guys let's just not lose sight of the fact that the comments voiced that started this thread were pretty much total BS. I filled up two days ago in NoCal at $3.05 for premium and drove by the station today and it had rocketed to ...... $3.05 a gallon. I don't know who made what comment to who or what motives there were behind it, but it was fearmongering crap at its worst. Sorry if the language offends but reality is tough enough without things like this going on.
Sure doesn't offend me, RON. In fact, I'm unselfish enough to be glad that for ONCE you guys in CA are actually getting a break and NOT paying much....if any....more than the rest of us. It's about time, IMO, that you got that break.......you've been getting screwed by CARB-formulated gas out there and its high prices long enough.

However, after Rita's impact, it will be anybody's guess, but right now (as of Sunday, 9-25), there doesn't seem to be the huge spike in prices that Katrina brought.

Last edited by mmarshall; 09-25-05 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-25-05, 09:23 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Seems like even though it was more powerful, Rita didn't hit half as hard as Katrina did..?
Old 09-25-05, 09:43 AM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRupp
Seems like even though it was more powerful, Rita didn't hit half as hard as Katrina did..?
Rita wasn't quite as powerful as Katrina when she hit. The location had a lot to do with it but we are still going to see what the damage plays out as over the hours. I was through a cat 3 hurricane and it was plenty potent for me.

I get wound up in the hurricanes from the scientific standpoint but I think this five day countdown with the media sometimes helps and sometimes hurts. I think it is worth remembering that in NO, the Katrina was one thing but the levee failed after Katrina was long gone.

But this mindless fearmongering as in my cousins brothers dogs veterinarians aunts hairdressers nephews father has a newspaper vending machine in front of a 7-11 that's across the street from a gas station and he said that gas is going up to $8 a gallon tomorrow so everybody should go fill their bathtubs us with gas tonight is pretty annoying to me. Just being a cranky old fart.
Old 09-26-05, 12:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

information like this is exactly what gas stations want.... well, the weekend past, who paid more than 3.50 for gas in cali....?