Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

anyone see the latest Mitsubishi sales campaign?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-05, 07:39 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone see the latest Mitsubishi sales campaign?

They're paying for your gas for the entire year...i'll have to dig up what the restrictions are...they must be hurting bad.

Here are the restrictions:

Offer available from Mitsubishi Motors. Actual amount will vary based on vehicle purchased or leased. Based on average fuel consumption of Mitsubishi Motors vehicles at an average cost of $2.95 per gallon for 12,000 miles per year. Actual consumption may vary based on specific vehicle, driving conditions and other factors. Gas offer may be in lieu of other available incentives and cannot be combined with other offers. See participating retailer for details. Offer expires 10/31/05.

Customer needs to purchase or lease any new 2005 Mitsubishi vehicle between September 22, 2005 and October 31, 2005. Eligible vehicles need to be delivered from dealer stock on or before October 31, 2005. This offer does not apply to vehicles sold or leased prior to September 22, 2005.

Customers will have the ability to choose one eligible Gas Company for their gasoline card with the purchase or lease of any new 2005 vehicle. The gasoline cards are in lieu of and not in addition to any other customer or dealer incentives available in connection with the sale or lease of such vehicle. Should the customer choose the gas card incentive, the vehicle purchased or leased will not be eligible for the following programs: Standard Customer Rebates, MMCA Special Lease Financing, and MMCA Special APR financing. (Mitsubishi Loyalty or Mitsubishi Education Edge are exceptions.)

Customer will be required to sign a Mitsubishi Motors "GAS COMES STANDARD" Customer Claim form. Claim form must be submitted by the dealership from which the vehicle was purchased or leased within 10 days of purchase or lease to be eligible for payment. Approximate fulfillment for all Gasoline Cards is 4-6 weeks after submission of required forms. Only one gasoline card offer per transaction. Gasoline cards are not transferable or assignable and may not be applied towards the down payment of the vehicle.

Last edited by foofighter; 09-25-05 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-25-05, 07:47 PM
Variance
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not really a year, it's 12,000 miles worth of gas. They give you a debit card(?) worth anything ranging from I believe $1500-$2500 based on the estimated annual fuel consumption on whatever car you choose. I think you pick what station the card can be used at too.
Old 09-25-05, 07:59 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Variance
It's not really a year, it's 12,000 miles worth of gas.
Well....basically, yes it is. 10,000-15,000 miles is what the average American driver drives in an average year. Of course, that was before Katrina's impact on the gasoline prices and supplies...and gas prices have been creeping up for the last two years from world demand anyway.....Katrina just speeded it up.

So...unless driving habits nationwide ARE drastically cut back in the near future, I'd say that the 12,000 miles worth / one year of gas pitch is credible to the average motorist.

( And, BTW.....the article says Mitsubishi figures $2.95 a gallon. That is EXACTLY what I paid tonight to fill up my Outback with 87 octane )

Last edited by mmarshall; 09-25-05 at 08:02 PM.