Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura and Lexus have accurate SAE ratings while Nissan aka Renault refuses to change

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-05, 08:32 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusLuver
everytime the TL is compared to the G35 acceleration #'s are very basically the same. Anyways whatever slight hp advantage the G35 may have over the TL is cancelled out by its poor fuel economy. The TL 3.2L is the better engine, but belongs in a better chassis, IMO.

I've driven the TL's, obviously nose heavy cars.
FYI, the VQ has been rated the best engine 11 years straight. The 3.2L TL has never made that list ever.

And my G35 gets 21-22 City and 25-27 highway. My friends TL gets a average of 19-21 city but he does get 30 highway. But he is a bit more consertivve than I am. I drove 80-90 mph. He normally doesn't speed.

So Gas mileage is a wash as well in some cases.
Old 09-30-05, 09:19 PM
LexusLuver
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by G35_TX
FYI, the VQ has been rated the best engine 11 years straight. The 3.2L TL has never made that list ever.
By who? Wards auto, they also think highly of the mightly GM 3.8L pushrod.
Old 09-30-05, 09:25 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
for comparisons sake, my 280HP infiniti put down 20 more HP than my 300HP GS. just thought i'd chime in. you guys dont know how funny it is for me to watch the lexus v infiniti wars. keep it up, the popcorns almost ready

Doc
Yeah, Doc but if you recall your GS was ~15hp under most of the others on the dyno. Plus your G35 is a stick with lower percentage loss vs auto slushbox.

Sorry to bring out the salt for the green beast RIP , but want to be fair.
Old 09-30-05, 09:27 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

And folks participating in this thread, please keep it civil, polite and factual. Pretty much every thread on this topic gets locked, please don't be the one to cause it in this thread or I'll be tempted to try out that temporary ban feature I just learned about.

Old 10-01-05, 01:58 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Variance
You're very funny (not). Considering Nissan isn't Renault.

And Nissan's (Infiniti's) numbers have been accurate. For instance, they tested the FX under the revised standard and the FX45's numbers went up while the FX35's remained the same.
Renault owns 40% of Nissan, they are the primary shareholder, i.e THE BOSS.
Again, a Nissan without more HP than the competition is simply a Buick or Plymouth. Be glad it has more HP.

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Really? That's the first time I have heard of this. Please prove me wrong on the lawsuits part.
If your posting a thread from months ago, how about searching yourself to find out about the lawsuits on the Nissan forums. THanks.

I find it funny, that you Nissan luvers find time to post here some old crap we discussed months ago. Lets discuss how Infintii is really NIssan. Not sold in Europe. Rebadged Nissans here in America, where after 15 years, they finally figured out how to make 1 decent car or two.

That QX56 is such a high quality car. Built in Mississipi. Most Infiniti's are really just 350Zs with badges and a plastic chrome grill.

Lets talk about that.

Lets talk about how Lexus is a class leader and Infinitii cannot even be spelled right by owners let alone the general public.

So please, go to your home and brag about how yoru G35 has less HP than a IS 350.

Thanks!

Old 10-01-05, 02:35 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

So please, go to your home and brag about how yoru G35 has less HP than a IS 350.

Thanks!
The IS350 is quite the contender, considering it only has an automatic transmission and is able to obliterate it's direct competition even with the adjusted 306 hp. Well said BTW.
Old 10-01-05, 02:44 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by 260hpTypeS
You've got to be joking. Nissan UNDERRATED?? Maybe for torque, but hp is WAY inflated. Check every TL vs. G35 comparo where there in the same test, the TL is even FASTER in some of them. The G is never faster. If your the old infamous Russ, I can understand that unintelligent post......
I agree. I'm surprised Nissan considering the new protocol hasn't switched over considering it gives the FX45 better numbers. Dunno about the rest of their cars. This Acura/Lexus bashing is very old. Lets move on to better and more positive topics.

Last edited by flipside909; 10-01-05 at 02:48 AM.
Old 10-01-05, 02:47 AM
Final Word
Driver School Candidate

Thanks!
Let's not forget that the VQ has not been updated since 2003, while the new 3.5 liter from Toyota/Lexus is brand spanking new. So while Toyota/Lexus may have the hp lead with the NEW 3.5 liter that was just introduced on the new Avalon, i'm sure Infiniti within the next couple of years will respond accordingly. It's a back and forth race and will continue to be, i'm sure.

As a sidenote, and hp #'s aside, I have been smoked by several G35's while driving my GS430.

HP's do not tell the whole story.
Old 10-01-05, 02:54 AM
Variance
Driver

Renault holds a controlling interest; they don't OWN Nissan. Also, are you forgetting Nissan holds a 15% stake in Renault? The companies are in an alliance and for the most part are autonomous. There is a distinct Nissan group (Nissan and Infiniti) and a distinct Renault group (Renault, Dacia, Samsung). To summarize: Renault does not dictate what NIssan does.

Again, a Nissan without more HP than the competition is simply a Buick or Plymouth. Be glad it has more HP.
Don't know what that's supposed to mean...

I find it funny, that you Nissan luvers find time to post here some old crap we discussed months ago. Lets discuss how Infintii is really NIssan. Not sold in Europe. Rebadged Nissans here in America, where after 15 years, they finally figured out how to make 1 decent car or two.
Infinitis are also sold in the Middle East and are soon to be released in Korea (there's already a large dealership built).

Oh and the Infiniti FX is not a rebadged Nissan. Neither was the J30. Until the new GS and IS, Lexi always had Toyota equivalents.

That QX56 is such a high quality car. Built in Mississipi. Most Infiniti's are really just 350Zs with badges and a plastic chrome grill.
I know you know better than this.

Lets talk about how Lexus is a class leader and Infinitii cannot even be spelled right by owners let alone the general public.
Class leader in what sense (you're kind of vague in just saying that)? Just because some people misspell the name does not take away anyting from the cars. People still know what an Infiniti is, wrong spelling or not.

1SICKLEX, you'd do yourself a great service in actually taking the time to learn about Nissans and Infinitis instead of ranting and providing misinformation because you get peeved at their owners.
Old 10-01-05, 03:12 AM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexusLuver
By who? Wards auto, they also think highly of the mightly GM 3.8L pushrod.
Sure, the 3800 has been a good engine, but old technoogy. Until you prove yourself, you been spewing bs.
Old 10-01-05, 03:16 AM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

No, you mention something, you back it up with a link so its a fact then. Like I said, I have never seen a post of a lawsuit of this type. Sick, like the admin said, keep it factual.

Ah like usual, more insults by you on Infiniti's/Nissans. Let me remind you, that you do drive a ES which is a glorified Camry. Remember, no insults per the admin on this site, and your breaking the rules already.

IS350, just came out after the G35 had more hp than it for over 3 years. WOW! Someone always comes out with something better after time. The new G35 will have more HP I am sure.

If your posting a thread from months ago, how about searching yourself to find out about the lawsuits on the Nissan forums. THanks.

Lets talk about that.

Thanks!
Old 10-01-05, 03:19 AM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Variance

1SICKLEX, you'd do yourself a great service in actually taking the time to learn about Nissans and Infinitis instead of ranting and providing misinformation because you get peeved at their owners.
Agreed! One of these days he might actually do this!
Old 10-01-05, 04:33 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

OK guys I can see NO ONE listened. Factual means talking about reports, surveys, hands-on experience, not about people making the posts.

You guys keep making it personal. Closed.