Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
Lexus
85.71%
BMW
9.52%
Mercedes-Benz
4.76%
Audi
0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Lexus College Project (paper)

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-05, 10:03 AM
Kyosuke86
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus College Project (paper)

I'm in my first year of college and I am majoring in international business. I have a project to do and I'm planning to do it on the business of Lexus and how they became the best in just 15 years. My professor made a comment that made me . The professor asked me to look up on how Lexus cars do at 65,000 miles and over. I explained that there should be nothing that goes wrong up to 150,000 miles, from my parents experiences. The professor just laughed and told me to look into it more. I want to ask you guys about your own experience with Lexus and how you felt about buying your first Lexus? How did the sales person treat you? How is the service after your warranty ended? Is there anything that Lexus can improve upon?

Thank you for your time and helping me show my professor the light.

Wills
Old 10-01-05, 10:19 AM
lexusls430
Lexus Test Driver

That professor doesnt know what hes talking about seems like hes confused between american cars. My first Lexus experience was great and i was really happy to own a Lexus, the sales person was real kind and did the best to please me. Theres a few thing Lexus can improve upon like the syling which has really changed and is becoming a lot better and the handling which is also improving lets remember there is always room for improvement.
Old 10-01-05, 12:23 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your professor is going to laugh at you some more if you tell him you want on an internet forum and asked some random people. The members here are not representative of the common Lexus market. Most of us here keep our cars in nearly new condition (washing weekly, frequent fluid changes, etc). You also need to talk to the morons out there who don't change their oil etc.

Your best bet is to find a universally accepted source such as Consumer Reports and JD Associates. I think those are the correct names. You could also PM mmarshall and see if he can find you more sources.
Old 10-01-05, 12:55 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wonder what the professor drives...sometimes it's best to not **** them off, as they are the ones who give you the grades...
Old 10-01-05, 01:17 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyosuke86
I'm in my first year of college and I am majoring in international business. I have a project to do and I'm planning to do it on the business of Lexus and how they became the best in just 15 years. My professor made a comment that made me . The professor asked me to look up on how Lexus cars do at 65,000 miles and over. I explained that there should be nothing that goes wrong up to 150,000 miles, from my parents experiences. The professor just laughed and told me to look into it more. I want to ask you guys about your own experience with Lexus and how you felt about buying your first Lexus? How did the sales person treat you? How is the service after your warranty ended? Is there anything that Lexus can improve upon?

Wills
he is either already biased or this is one of his ways to get you to do more work
Old 10-01-05, 01:35 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With lexus you won't have much to write about. Pick BMW or MB. It is much easier to criticize than to praise.
Old 10-01-05, 04:43 PM
BrianH
Driver

204,000 miles on my 1994 GS with no major problems
Old 10-01-05, 06:08 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ChronoJ1
With lexus you won't have much to write about. Pick BMW or MB. It is much easier to criticize than to praise.

umm i kinda disagree. there are plenty to write about LEXUS. For example, there was a recall for some 1990 LS400s in less than a year it came out. The recall was so good and organized that the industry said it was a "perfect recall". If you look at from the business point of view, there are plenty to write about Lexus.
Old 10-01-05, 07:06 PM
timoc42
Lead Lap

why dont you follow your prof, discreetly of course, into the parking lot and find out what he drives?

Maybe this will let you know what bias he has against Lexus.
Old 10-01-05, 07:10 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

105k and still rolling like the day i bought her.

Some professors are tards. They think just because they are the prof, they are always right!
Old 10-01-05, 08:14 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by verylost
Your best bet is to find a universally accepted source such as Consumer Reports and JD Associates. I think those are the correct names. You could also PM mmarshall and see if he can find you more sources.
Don't need to PM me.....here I am.

The correct term is J.D. Power and Asscociates.
J.D. Power is OK for gauging things like a customer's emotinal reaction to a car and satisfaction with the sales experience, dealership, service department, likelihood of repeat purchase, etc......but if you want good, accurate repair and reliability data there's no substitute for Consumer Reports. CR is also very good at recommending reliable used cars and those to avoid. They also rate customer satisfaction in many of the same areas that J.D. Power does.

As far as other sources go, Edmunds.com would be my first recommendation after CR and J.D. Power.
Old 10-02-05, 08:02 PM
Kyosuke86
Driver

Thanks for all of your input. Actually the prof drives a BMW new 3 series. Hopefully she won't be too offended when I throw in some of the statistics I found from the Story of Lexus. I'm almost finished with the book and I think that its incredible the stats and the history of Lexus. They have truly made world-class vehicles and a world-class company, in my opinion.
Old 10-03-05, 01:59 PM
Kyosuke86
Driver

Does anyone happen to know how many organizations Lexus donates to and what are the organizations names?
Old 10-03-05, 02:56 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for all of your input. Actually the prof drives a BMW new 3 series.

I hope she has an open mind and isn't a typical BMW driver who thinks nothing is as good.
Old 10-08-05, 05:45 PM
LexFather

Wills
I hope u knocked her socks off with your paper.

Quick Reply: Lexus College Project (paper)